Progressive Insurance CLaims Adjuster Trainee Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Progressive Insurance CLaims Adjuster Trainee Interview Questions

Updated Feb 11, 2017

3.2

Claims Adjuster Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance in July 2015.

Interview

06/08/15- applied
06/17/15- online assessment/ skills test
06/26/15- phone interview
06/29/15- background check initiated
07/01/15- manager interview
07/08/15- background check complete and job offer accepted

Progressive will be the first to tell you their recruitment process is more extensive than that of most companies. Overall I was highly impressed with the process. They really take the time to get a feel for you as an actual PERSON, which is rather unique for such a large corporation. But they want to make sure you're a good fit and have the skills necessary to succeed in the position.

As most of the other reviews have mentioned, answers to interview questions should follow the S.T.A.R. format (situation, task, action, result). The best way to prepare for these questions is NOT to have canned responses memorized because you won't know which questions will be asked. Rather, just think back on your work history and be prepared to discuss specific situations within the framework of behavioral situations- ie working in teams, responding to and resolving conflict, coping with unreasonable people, etc.

Plan for about an hour long phone interview and at least an hour if you're selected for an in-person interview. My in-person interview was a very positive experience. I met one-on-one with the managing director of the entire claims office. There were the expected STAR questions along with a general 'why Progressive' at the beginning, but as the interview moved forward, it began to feel like more of a conversation. I related quite well to the director and was given an opportunity to ask questions at the conclusion of the interview. The director was extremely thorough in answering all of my questions.

The ONLY frustrating thing about the process for me was the fact that Progressive uses HireRight for background screens (at least for certain positions). The process took SEVEN full working days. Typical turnaround time for a bg check is 2-4 days! It was a nerve racking week to say the least, but the recruiter called to touch base with me every few days and was very helpful.

Finally the clouds parted and I was ecstatic when I got the call yesterday offering me the job at the top end of the salary range they had provided earlier. I cannot wait to start a long-term career at Progressive!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you should have made a decision to address a problem but you ended up not making any decision. What were the ramifications?   2 Answers
  • Tell me about a time when you had to monitor others' performances because they were tied to your success.   Answer Question
  • Tell me about a time when a customer/ client made what you considered to be an unreasonable request. How did you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Progressive Insurance Response

Jul 14, 2015 – Talent Acquisition

First, we just wanted to say welcome to the team! Thank you so much for the feedback and detailed advice about interviewing. We hope it helps other candidates who are interviewing with us. -KH ... More

Other Interview Reviews for Progressive Insurance

Claims Adjuster Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance.

Interview

11/14 Applied
    11/24 Completed Assessment
    11/30 Phone Interview
    12/8 Background check started
    12/9 In-person Interview
    12/13 Background check complete
    12/14 Received offer & accepted

STAR format questions for both interviews. I don't exactly remember the questions, but you should be prepared to answer questions pertaining to time management & how to prioritize, what you learned in a situation where the outcome wasn't what you expected, how to deal with upset customers, etc. Also, research the company, they may ask what you know about it. Have questions to ask the interviewer.

When answering set it up as a story; what the situation was, what happened, your actions, the outcome and what you learned.

Be yourself during the interview. I had a great experience. Everyone I came into contact with was extremely helpful and friendly. Very positive experience!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance (Columbus, OH).

Interview

I applied to this position on 12/24 and I received notice to complete the online assessment on 1/14/2016. There is a math portion but it's basic stuff. The hardest part to me was the personality and behavioral questions. It is timed and you cannot go back and check answers so make sure you take the time you need on each section. I received notification on 1/16 that my score wasn't strong enough to move forward.

Interview Questions

• You are a part of a team project rank the following characteristics from least like you to most like you   Answer Question

Claims Adjuster Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance.

Interview

Awesome experience looking forward to completing the process. Every was so positive and courteous. Felt very comfortable. It was more of a conversation than just a normal interview yet still very professional. Wonderful company!

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance (New York, NY).

Interview

Nov. 2-Applied online
    Nov. 5-Received an invitation to complete the assessment
    Nov. 10-Received an email to schedule a phone interview
    Nov. 17- Phone interview with recruiter went well in my opinion. She asked questions about my previous and current employment and explained STAR questions and went through a few questions such as "Name a time when you had to negotiate with a customer" , etc
    Nov. 18- Received a request for a background check through Hireright .. I completed the background right away, but it took Hireright until Dec. 2 to complete the entire check (I lived quite a few places in college)
    Nov. 28-Received in person interview confirmation
    Dec. 9- In person interview with both the regional manager and the office supervisor and it went well. They asked questions about past employment, explained job duties and expectations and then asked similar STAR questions such as.. "Name a time when you did not complete a task", etc.
    Dec. 14- Received an offer via phone from the recruiter

*I posted this to let fellow applicants know about what to expect when interviewing and how to prepare. Be sure to be truthful on your application and resume as all education and employment will be verified.. Read up on STAR format and have specific examples in mind, and more than anything be confident!

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you did not complete a task or assignment.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Macon, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance (Macon, GA) in January 2017.

Interview

Progressive's Interview process is not bad at all. I didn't make it pass the phone interview only because I let my nervousness get the best of me and I didn't showcase my true skills. My interviewer was wonderful and if the position ever came open again I would apply. Progressive is an awesome company. I just hate that I didn't prepare myself.

Interview Questions

• What do you like most about your current job? What do you like the least? What is your experience with negotiating? What are some of your computer skills? Tell about your experience when dealing with a difficult customer/how did you handle it and what was the outcome? Tell about a time you had two conflicting projects to complete? The questions were not hard you just need to be prepared to deliver detailed scenarios....they want to know if you can handle yourself under pressure and if you possess the skills of being able to handle multiple tasks.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

After applying you has to pass an assessment test, which was easy. Once that was done a phone interview was scheduled.

The advertised salary was 52k plus bonus. The interview was going very well until she asked about salary. Her voice changed from perky to annoyed when I said I wanted the salary advertised. Very unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• She asked me what do I do if I have a problem with a customer? Do I handle it alone or need help   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plymouth Meeting, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance (Plymouth Meeting, PA) in January 2017.

Interview

The process was very quick and expedited. A week after the in person interview, I received an email saying that I didn't get the position and to feel free reply back for any feedback. I was surprised because I felt as though the interview went well and that I was qualified for the position. I replied politely asking for feedback and never received a response. I also never received any updates regarding my background check even though I was told I'd be updated via text and email.
    Overall, it was a good experience but there follow up was very weak in my opinion.

Interview Questions

Progressive Insurance Response

Jan 30, 2017 – Marketing Specialist III

We apologize that you did not receive any feedback. Feel free to email us at careers@progressive.com and we can get you in touch with the correct person. - A.Y., Recruiting

Claims Adjuster Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online on a Thursday, The next day on Friday took an online exam. Passed the exam, over the phone interview the following Friday (one week after initial application.) My interview was at 6 a.m. because the person conducting the interview was in Texas and I'm in the L.A. Metro area. I did not make it pass the the phone interview.

The entire process was good. They seem pretty organized.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell me a time you had multiple projects due at the same time how did you handle it.   Answer Question

Claims Adjuster Trainee Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance.

Interview

The job hiring process is very specific and detailed. It is about a months process and as long as you meet the qualifications you will make it to the last process which is the face to face interview. Feeling confident in all the steps I have conquered, I recently received the decision of employment. I can at least say it was a great learning experience. Soon after going through the hiring process I have learned the area that I reside in has the lowest if any percentage of diversity for the position at that site. This is very clear and evident IF you can make it through the thorough hiring process. I am actually shocked that sucks a large area of diversity still has a closed mind set. I can honestly say I did not expect that from this company but I'm sure the people in charge are aware. Thanks for the opportunity.