Cover image for Progressive Insurance

Engaged Employer

Add an Interview

Progressive Insurance Call Center Representative Interview Questions

Updated Jan 11, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 10 of over 2.4K interviews

Employee Referral11%
3.2
HardAverageEasy

Progressive Insurance

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance in Jan 2022

Interview

Everything was online, nothing was in person. First you take an exam and then you record timed answers to questions within 2 minutes. Some of the multiple choice questions got a bit too personal for my taste. Wasn’t really expecting it. There’s two parts to the interview. The multiple choice exam and then the verbal recorded interview.

Interview Questions
  • “I have lots of friends” Agree or disagree (Just one example of a slightly odd question).
    1 Answer

Progressive Insurance

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance

Interview

There were several steps to the interview process which I appreciated because I know that they only select qualified candidates. Follow up took a while but the process was very easy.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

What people are saying about Progressive Insurance

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

Progressive Insurance

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance in Dec 2019

Interview

First must pass personality test, then participate in video interview. Insurance sales is a customer driven business. There was no human communication interaction, this was insulting and disrespectful to the candidate and customers. Since there was NO sense of sincerity.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance (Houston, TX) in Jul 2019

Interview

I left a very lengthy post in the company reviews which I now realize was the wrong spot. The interview process was terrible because I was openly discriminated against. The company has a policy where no one is permitted from taking time off during training which on its own is understandable, except that I was at the time 6 months pregnant so I would be needing to take time off to give birth - maternity leave (medical reasons) which is TOTALLY different from taking time off for a vacation. applied for an August start date which I was told was "almost full" and would need to start in September which is a problem because A) applied for an August start date, not my fault they didn't get to my application sooner, also starting in September meant that I would need to take the last month of training off for maternity leave. Employers typically do not have to be flexible except that this meant they were acting in a discriminatory fashion because after I told her that I would need to take maternity leave she said "We will not be able to proceed to extending an offer, you will need to apply at a later date". I can't just apply at a later date... I need a job now, not in December or January when she suggested reapplying. They did not hire me because I was pregnant. The way a company conducts interviews is very telling of how they run their departments day to day.

Interview Questions
  • Can't remember specific questions because I was thrown off by the discriminatory practices but all the questions started with "tell me a time when".

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance (Detroit, MI) in Mar 2019

Interview

End of the interview said March class was full , Mary said would you like to attend the training in April , i said yes , discrimination !!

Interview Questions
  • Name a time you had a problem with a customer , and what did you do to turn it around ?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance (Sacramento, CA) in Oct 2018

Interview

Although I didn’t get the job, the company doesn’t just take your resume and never respond. It’s nice to know if you’re still in the running or not for a position.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Rancho Cordova, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance (Rancho Cordova, CA) in Jun 2017

Interview

After you apply, if your application is accepted, you get an email to take an assessment. If you pass, a few days later you get an email to set up a phone interview. Pass that, and you get to set up a face to face interview, as well as pass a background check conducted by a 3rd party company which verifies your previous employment and education. Lastly, you attend the face to face interview, which consist of an interview with 2 supervisors as well as shadowing someone who is in the position you are interviewing for an hour. Be sure to be yourself, and study the STAR format answers, be genuine because the management has a nose for arrogance or dishonesty. They hire based on personality, so show who you really are. A few days later ( nine days in my case) , they call you with a job offer, or they let you know why you weren't selected.

Interview Questions
  • What qualities do you look for when you decide to apply for a job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance (Detroit, MI) in Jul 2016

Interview

Time consuming and overly demanding hiring process which started off with an online assessment test, which then led to a phone interview, then a face-to-face interview which was approx 3 hours; starting with a tour of the facility, then listening in on calls taken by a representative for about 30 mins - all before I was even taken in for the interview, which was split into two separate interviews. The questions were all straight forward and relatively simple; STAR format responses were given, and as long as you can relate to the questions being asked and format your answers in a cognitive manner - you should be just fine. Simple college level speech and communication skills should be all anyone needs in order to have a successful interview here or anywhere else for that matter. Overall, the entire "process" was a month long and ended with a simple email, not even the courtesy of a phone call. It also included a very aggressive background check, which is given before an intent to hire is even determined. The background check is way more than just a little excessive and unnecessarily privacy invading (consumer reports, 10 years residential history with exact dates, 5 years employment with exact start and stop dates etc) - all for a non-security clearance position such as a call center representative position. The company that performed the background check kept asking me to supply them with the information they are contracted and responsible to obtain through the check, thus prolonging the excruciatingly long process even more. I had to dig out W2's and pay stubs, which they failed to even acknowledge, all because they were unable to call human resources departments, even after I supplied them with direct phone numbers, in order to obtain simple employment verification. I very humbly questioned why the process was being delayed, especially after all the time and effort I was putting in, and that very next day I received an email saying they found a candidate with more "relevant qualifications" when the entire time I was receiving consistent messages saying how "impressed" they continued to be in me. So be careful to question anything, I ultimately feel that was the determining factor of my no offer result. It's a lot of time and effort to go through to be systematically rejected and/or discriminated against over something that is obviously not skills, experience or ability related and then to not even be given an explanation that makes sense or the courtesy of a phone call for a month of someone's time and effort. I'm more disappointed in how this process was handled from start to finish than I am about not getting an offer.

Interview Questions
  • Describe a time when you received constructive feedback and how did you implement it.

Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance (Colorado Springs, CO) in Aug 2014

Interview

The interview process was pretty lengthy. You apply, and then you get an email to take an assessment test. They give you two hours for it and I finished it in about an hour and fifteen minutes. I received an email soon after that I passed the assessment. I was then set up for a phone interview. After the phone interview I was offered an on site interview directly after. I interviewed the Thursday before a holiday weekend, so my response back from the recruiter was delayed. The recruiter told me they try to get back to people a week after the on site interview, but mine took two.

Interview Questions
  • All of the interview questions seemed to be STAR questions. I googled examples of STAR questions to prepare.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance (Cleveland, OH) in Jan 2012

Interview

It was actually 2 1 on 1 interviews the same day with a 30 min sit in with an employee taking phone calls. The Interview was pretty standard mostly questions about prior work experiences. The first lady who interviewed me seemed pretty inexperienced. she kept asking for specific examples of stuff I did at previous jobs which was fine but she wasn't satisfied until I could give names and dates of when these extraneously specific examples took place (and we're talking about minor events from 5-6 years ago), but no problem just plug in some made up names and dates off to the next stage. The second interview was much more professional and went really well. The atmosphere in the call center was really relaxed and they offered some pretty cool perks and the entry level pay was pretty fair. expect to send a resume, then fill out a lengthy application then a 1 hour phone interview, Then a excessive background check, then you visit for 2 1on1 interviews. They called me almost immediately to move me on to the next phase after I completed any part of the hiring process. Be prepared, the 3rd party background check company will expect you to provide W2 forms from your previous employers rather than contacting them directly and will still take about 30 days to complete. This is where I ran into trouble. After my in person interviews I was called by my recruiter telling me that everything went well and they were just waiting to hear back from the background check before the could make and offer and schedule their drug test. When they received the the background report they told me they "could not move forward with me because of discrepancies on my background check" and could not give me any further information. They did send me a copy of the report and all my info checked out except for a minor job at a BW's 6 years ago that has since closed. And that I have a misdemeanor disorderly conduct from when i was in college. The application only asked about felonies and topic never came up. So I can only conclude that they don't like anyone with a minor legal infraction. Anyway moral of the story don't make mistakes and if you do get your record sealed before you apply.

Interview Questions
  • Have you ever had to work with anyone you did not get along with at a previouse job.
3 people found this interview helpful