Progressive Insurance Claims Adjuster Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Progressive Insurance Claims Adjuster Interview Questions

Updated Mar 21, 2017

3.3

Claims Adjuster Interview

Interview

Application is online
Assessment will be emailed if you are pre-qualified from your application, assessment has math too!
1st Phone Interview
2nd Background Check
3rd In Person
It takes about 2 weeks to hear back from the results of the interview

Interview Questions

• Name a difficult customer experience and how did you resolve it   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Progressive Insurance

Claims Adjuster Interview

Interview

Recruiter called, set up interview as this was referral. Interviewed, was great conversation, received great feedback and went much longer than the time allotment. Manager spoke positively, even showed me the nice things written on the question sheet about my answers. They really tried to sell me on the company and how great they are. Two weeks later (outside the 7-10 business days I was told) received the 'thanks for playing' letter. I received email stating the results of the interview which invites candidates to request feedback about the interview. No feedback given after multiple requests. Some advice: don't waste your time on an employer that touts how good they are yet does not even live up to their written word.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you made a decision too quickly.   1 Answer

Claims Adjuster Interview

Interview

It was a good experience. The interview was very comfortable. Typical behavioral questions. The recruiter was very helpful. She even provided feedback after the face-to-face interview. Need to show you are proactive and good time manager.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance (Oklahoma City, OK) in March 2017.

Interview

Received email to do the test. It was fairly easy. Upon passing the test I got the invite to do the phone interview. After passing the phone interview I got the invite for the in person interview. Completed in person interview almost 2 weeks ago and have yet to hear anything about the final outcome.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Very detailed and in depth interview, however, i can definitely see why it is is necessary. I was extremely nervous. Progressive is an amazing company that I would have LOVED to be a part of. They ask about 4-5 STAR format questions on both the phone interview and the in person interview. Unlike me, try to relax and stay on topic for the question as much as possible. Overall it was a very positive experience

Interview Questions

• Name a time you were very satisfied and very dissatisfied at your job   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

The interviewer was very impersonal and did nothing to set a positive tone for the interview. It was hard to maintain a positive attitude with no feedback given. I was told I would hear back within a week with an answer either way regarding the opportunity for a face-to-face interview. That did not happen. Still waiting to hear back.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you successfully negotiated.
      Describe a time that you adapted to overlapping work requirements.
      Answer Question

Progressive Insurance Response

Dec 13, 2016 – Talent Acquisition

If you still haven't heard back, you can reach out to us at careers@progressive.com and we can connect you to the right person. -KH, Recruiting

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance (Phoenix, AZ) in December 2016.

Interview

Submit resume, receive email stating eligibility to take online screener, scheduling of phone interview with situational questions, scheduling of 1 on 1 interview in person. After passing interviews background and drug test scheduled.

Anonymous Employee in Coon Rapids, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance (Coon Rapids, MN) in September 2016.

Interview

They do a pretty awesome job making you feel comfortable and keeping you current on where you are in the process! For me, the process went down like this:

8/22: Applied on company website and submitted application.
    8/30: Received an email saying that my resume was impressive, and invited me to take online assessment. Took assessment immediately on my phone.
    8/31: Received an email telling me I passed the assessment and that I had to log in to schedule a phone interview. Scheduled for following week.
    9/7: Phone interview. Interviewer called but I couldn't hear them. She tried several times on two lines and I tried calling her and I still couldn't hear. I emailed the interviewer and se directed me to Scheduling to get a new one scheduled.
    9/9: Phone interview, take 2! Was with a really nice woman from Ranstad Staffing. There were 5 behavioral questions (STAR format) and a few questions about my resume. At the end, she told me that I was moving forward for the in person interview.
    9/12: Received invitation to schedule in person interview and scheduled for following week. Also receive disclosed for a background check and had to enter in all my previous jobs/education/addresses/etc. This was rather tedious.
    9/15: Status on the HireRight background check changed to "Meets Standards."
    9/22: In person interview with manager. Lasted about an hour. She asked 8 behavioral questions, all which had to be answers in STAR format. Some of them were pretty unorthodox. We went over my resume and I asked her a ton of questions.
    9/23: Received call from recruiter with job offer.
    9/24: Received official offer letter via email as well as benefits overview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that your work schedule was interrupted. How did you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Claims Adjuster Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance in October 2016.

Interview

Applied - Sept 23
    Assessment Test - Sept 27
    Results - Sept 28
    Choosing Time for Phone Interview - Sept 29
    Phone Interview - Oct 5
    ( PASSED , she said she would call in a few days )
    It's Oct 11th and Im still waiting to hear about Date & Time for In-Person Interview ...

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Claims ?   1 Answer
    • What do you like Least about your Current Job ?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I have made it PASSED the Phone Interview, Im still waiting to hear back for the Date & Time for the In-person Interview....

Claims Adjuster Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance.

Interview

Relaxed. Interviewer was patient, generous w/ time. Described tasks involved, acknowledged job is stressful. Noticed that there was no conversation/sound on floor amongst employees.

Haven't gotten response, don't expect offer. Interview went well, but I think my questions to interviewer sent out red flags as to my concern about work load versus salary. Which IS a concern.