Progressive Insurance Claims Adjuster Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 1, 2017

3.3

156 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Appleton, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance (Appleton, WI) in October 2017.

Interview

I took two online assessments, which lasted between 30 minutes to an hour; the second one was sent a day after I completed the first. Then I received an email stating I passed, and another email with an invitation to set up a phone interview for a week later.

The interview consisted of questions about my work history and education, and about three STAR questions; it lasted at least an hour. I thought I did good since I prepared for this interview for days, but then I realized I didn't get an invitation for the next step because I came off as not very confident; blame it on the nerves.

When I said I liked a fast paced work environment, I think the phone interviewer tried to be sneaky by jokingly saying something along the lines of "... lots of work means the day will go by fast, right?" I was thinking no, I just enjoy fast paced environments, but instead, I said, "maybe..."

Even though I didn't get a chance to do the in person interview, I think the interview overall was a good experience. Getting back into searching for jobs and doing interviews is hard. Good luck!

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Progressive Insurance

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance (New York, NY) in September 2017.

Interview

The process is long, first you take two assessment test on different days which take about an hour each to complete.
    After this if you get passing scores you will have an interview by phone, the interview will take about 30 minutes.
    If selected you will get another interview with the manager in your area.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you dealt with a difficult costumer.   Answer Question

Claims Adjuster Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance in August 2017.

Interview

I just completed a pre-employment screening with absurd questions such as, "have you ever disliked anyone?" This is a massive red flag for me. Applicants are typically wary of tests like this as they show that the organization does not trust the applicant before they even get hired. Please stop doing these useless personality tests. You are scaring away some of the best potential candidates.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever disliked anyone?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance (Saint Louis, MO).

Interview

two interviews with claim director and HR. standard process mostly behavioral type questions. be prepared with scenarios of real world examples that you can apply to a multitude of situations

Interview Questions

• tell me about a time when....behavioral interview questions come prepared with scenario answers   Answer Question

Claims Adjuster Interview

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance.

Interview

I was contacted for a phone interview after taking an online assessment test. I have over 20 years experience in this field. I had many examples for their behavioral questions. However, the recruiter was arrogant and condescending. It was a huge turn off!!
    By then I had already decided I wasn't interested so I just asked several questions about their benefits. I was curious about how they help employees achieve a work life balance since they claim this is a perk of working there. So I asked if there were flex hours, job sharing , etc. and the answer was, well now the BI reps can now work 9-5 because we hired more reps to handle property damage. I pressed him on this and he had nothing else to say. So basically they feel that working 8 hours a day 5 days a week is a work/life benefit. And even worse, no OT. Needless to say I was not moved forward lol

Claims Adjuster Interview

Interview

Initial standardized assessment
    Phone interview- STAR Format ( slightly hard to stick to this and not just give general answers for an entire interview)
    Background check
    In person interview-
    I have not had the last interview yet

Interview Questions

• Where did you hear about his job and have you applied to any other insurance companies?   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance (Louisville, KY) in June 2017.

Interview

Recruiter was unorganized and disconnected from the candidate list. Did not know until time of interview that the position had been filled the previous week. Called five minutes after start time.

Interview Questions

• I was not presented with any questions to answer - Initial interview with HR was scheduled for mid-morning. Recruiter contacted me five minutes late to inform me that the position was filled the previous week.   Answer Question

Claims Adjuster Interview

Application

The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance.

Interview

I had a behavioral phone interview and then scheduled a face to face. The interviewer was very cold and it was like she had a magnifying glass on me and it felt like an interrogation. I'm an Iraqi vet and served in 2003 after which I continued to go to college and then graduated with a masters. She asked me why it took me four years to get my Associates Degree after coming back from war. I was so offended. I had just fought in a war. What if I came back with a disability or I had to readjust to civilian life after coming back from a traumatic experience? It was almost grounds for discrimination. She asked me several behavioral questions and at the end she almost made me feel like a had the position to then get the rejection email one week later. In the feedback I got from recruiter she said I wasn't enthusiastic enough, which was a lie. I prepared weeks for this interview and I really wanted the job.

Interview Questions

• What difficult customers have you had?
      A time you gave a customer bad news?
      Why did you leave previous jobs?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance (Columbia, MD) in May 2017.

Interview

The interview process is very extensive as they say clearly on their jobs page. It started with the online application, a personality test and an IQ test. Depending on how you score, they will move you to the phone interview. After that an in person, and a few days later I got the call. TIP: There will be STAR questions on your phone interview, and your in person. Try to give different examples and answer each question differently as if you use the same answer in both the phone and in person they will mark you down. Also, try to focus on sticking to the STAR format, focusing extensively on the ACTION piece, as they mainly pick candidate who say the right thing and list a lot of things for their action piece. Give realistic results and not always a positive one. The background check commences after the phone interview, and is not an easy process either. Make sure you have first and last paychecks for each previous job, or numbers of previous employers who will vouch for your title, salary, and what you did there. Progressive does not drug test at this time.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had an irate customer asking for something to which they were not entitled, but you had to concede and give them their way. What elements went into making the decision to concede, how did you inform the customer, and what was the result.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Myers, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance (Fort Myers, FL) in May 2017.

Interview

Contacted by email to take an online test and then asked to set up a phone interview. After the phone interview, they said they would call back to set up an in person interview if they thought you were a good candidate.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you were in charge and something went wrong. How did you handle it?   Answer Question