Progressive Insurance Claims Adjuster Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Progressive Insurance Claims Adjuster Interview Questions

Updated Jun 8, 2017

3.3

Claims Adjuster Interview

Interview

Initial standardized assessment
Phone interview- STAR Format ( slightly hard to stick to this and not just give general answers for an entire interview)
Background check
In person interview-
I have not had the last interview yet

Interview Questions

• Where did you hear about his job and have you applied to any other insurance companies?   2 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for Progressive Insurance

Claims Adjuster Interview

Application

The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance.

Interview

I had a behavioral phone interview and then scheduled a face to face. The interviewer was very cold and it was like she had a magnifying glass on me and it felt like an interrogation. I'm an Iraqi vet and served in 2003 after which I continued to go to college and then graduated with a masters. She asked me why it took me four years to get my Associates Degree after coming back from war. I was so offended. I had just fought in a war. What if I came back with a disability or I had to readjust to civilian life after coming back from a traumatic experience? It was almost grounds for discrimination. She asked me several behavioral questions and at the end she almost made me feel like a had the position to then get the rejection email one week later. In the feedback I got from recruiter she said I wasn't enthusiastic enough, which was a lie. I prepared weeks for this interview and I really wanted the job.

Interview Questions

• What difficult customers have you had?
      A time you gave a customer bad news?
      Why did you leave previous jobs?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance (Columbia, MD) in May 2017.

Interview

The interview process is very extensive as they say clearly on their jobs page. It started with the online application, a personality test and an IQ test. Depending on how you score, they will move you to the phone interview. After that an in person, and a few days later I got the call. TIP: There will be STAR questions on your phone interview, and your in person. Try to give different examples and answer each question differently as if you use the same answer in both the phone and in person they will mark you down. Also, try to focus on sticking to the STAR format, focusing extensively on the ACTION piece, as they mainly pick candidate who say the right thing and list a lot of things for their action piece. Give realistic results and not always a positive one. The background check commences after the phone interview, and is not an easy process either. Make sure you have first and last paychecks for each previous job, or numbers of previous employers who will vouch for your title, salary, and what you did there. Progressive does not drug test at this time.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had an irate customer asking for something to which they were not entitled, but you had to concede and give them their way. What elements went into making the decision to concede, how did you inform the customer, and what was the result.   Answer Question

Claims Adjuster Interview

Interview

Application is online
    Assessment will be emailed if you are pre-qualified from your application, assessment has math too!
    1st Phone Interview
    2nd Background Check
    3rd In Person
    It takes about 2 weeks to hear back from the results of the interview

Interview Questions

• Name a difficult customer experience and how did you resolve it   Answer Question

Claims Adjuster Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance in April 2017.

Interview

Applied in February. Assessment a week later. Passed the same day. Scheduled phone interview a week later. Phone interview was very detailed and lasts about an hour. Behavioral answers and specific on the job examples needed. If you pass you move on to background screens. About 7 to 10 days later they let you know if you are moving on to in person interviews. Interview about 2 weeks later was very detailed but with great and reasonable people. Week later got a job offer. Lasted about 6 weeks but was well worth the vetting process.

Claims Adjuster Interview

Interview

Never made it to an interview. I have applied for 8 Claims Adjuster positions now, and even though I meet all the requirements listed, this last time I applied I received a rejection in less than 24 hours. I don't even think that was long enough to review my resume. I have emailed their hiring team and asked for feedback, but all I have received is an automated response saying they didn't have time to review individual applications for feedback.

Claims Adjuster Interview

Interview

Recruiter called, set up interview as this was referral. Interviewed, was great conversation, received great feedback and went much longer than the time allotment. Manager spoke positively, even showed me the nice things written on the question sheet about my answers. They really tried to sell me on the company and how great they are. Two weeks later (outside the 7-10 business days I was told) received the 'thanks for playing' letter. I received email stating the results of the interview which invites candidates to request feedback about the interview. No feedback given after multiple requests. Some advice: don't waste your time on an employer that touts how good they are yet does not even live up to their written word.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you made a decision too quickly.   1 Answer

Progressive Insurance Response

Mar 30, 2017 – Marketing Specialist III

Hello there - If you still haven't received a response, please feel free to reach out to us at careers@progressive.com and we can look into this for you. A.Y., Recruiting

Claims Adjuster Interview

Interview

It was a good experience. The interview was very comfortable. Typical behavioral questions. The recruiter was very helpful. She even provided feedback after the face-to-face interview. Need to show you are proactive and good time manager.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance (Oklahoma City, OK) in March 2017.

Interview

Received email to do the test. It was fairly easy. Upon passing the test I got the invite to do the phone interview. After passing the phone interview I got the invite for the in person interview. Completed in person interview almost 2 weeks ago and have yet to hear anything about the final outcome.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Very detailed and in depth interview, however, i can definitely see why it is is necessary. I was extremely nervous. Progressive is an amazing company that I would have LOVED to be a part of. They ask about 4-5 STAR format questions on both the phone interview and the in person interview. Unlike me, try to relax and stay on topic for the question as much as possible. Overall it was a very positive experience

Interview Questions

• Name a time you were very satisfied and very dissatisfied at your job   Answer Question