Progressive Insurance Claims Adjuster Trainee Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Progressive Insurance Claims Adjuster Trainee Interview Questions

Interviews at Progressive Insurance

3.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riverview, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance (Riverview, FL) in April 2017.

Interview

Star structure questions. They give a brief background of the company itself and then dive into scenarios. The recruiter who interviewed me was very polite and they just wanted to get a feel for my background and see who is the best fit.

Interview Questions

• Are you looking for employment elsewhere   4 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for Progressive Insurance

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenville, SC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance (Greenville, SC) in May 2017.

Interview

I was referred by a current claims adjuster employee. 4/28 I applied, 4/30 I was emailed and completed the assessment. 5/1 I was schedule a phone interview that went great (use STAR method) on 5/5. I was told at the end of my phone interview I was moving forward to the final phase, face to face. On 5/13 my face to face was scheduled for 5/21 and on 5/18 I sent my background information form off. In person interview went great, hoping for an offer, just waiting on it and the background check. Great application process and great company it seems to work for.

Interview Questions

• What is your best characteristic that benefits a team environment?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance (Milwaukee, WI) in May 2017.

Interview

5/1 - Applied Online
    5/4 - Received and Completed Online Assessment
    5/5 - Request for a Phone Interview
    5/12 - Phone Interview
    5/15 - Background Check Begins
    5/16 - In-Person Interview Scheduled
    5/19 - In-Person Interview
    5/22 - Background Check Completed
    5/22 - Offer Extended

I got through the process a little faster than most on here (seems like people average a month), but it still felt lengthy what with all of the steps. The fact is, though, that my recruiter and local manager were SO kind and such a breeze to work with throughout the entire process.

The assessment is really easy, mostly just personality questions. My phone interview with the recruiter was great; she was eager and ready to answer all of my questions, and I could tell she was really listening to my answers. KNOW "STAR" FORMATS. They review it in the phone interview, but just be comfortable with how those answers work. Come prepared with GOOD questions, not things you could learn by reading the website.

The background check was annoying because HireRight can be a pain. Make sure you check it at least once a day. They're supposed to email you if they need you to provide documentation or proof, but they never emailed me. I was lucky that I was impatient enough to check it and see.

My in-person interview was a lot like my phone interview. More STAR, more details. It's critical that you do a lot of research about the role and about Progressive to succeed here. I referenced the Core Values and the company's history very casually in my answers, and I think that helped.

Honestly, everyone with Progressive was so nice. I'm excited to start work here soon!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you handled some kind of negotiation   Answer Question
    • What skill set do you think is your weakest? What are you trying to improve?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you came up short of expectations.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you went above and beyond the call of duty.   Answer Question
    • What specifically about Progressive makes you want to work here?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plymouth, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance (Plymouth, MI) in May 2017.

Interview

The interview process was very straight forward. You first apply online, you get sent an assessment, and are scheduled a phone interview. Around one week later you will receive an email stating whether or not you moved on to a formal interview. They will start the interview with basic questions as well as mention that they want your answers in the STAR format.

Interview Questions

• Discuss a time you had to meet a deadline, how were you able to meet that deadline?   1 Answer
    • Discuss a time you had an angry or upset customer. How were you able to resolve the issue?   Answer Question
    • What do you know about Progressive?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work for Progressive?   Answer Question
    • What do you know about the role of a Claims Adjuster?   Answer Question
    • Discuss a time you had significant changes at work and how you were able to handle the changes   Answer Question
    • Discuss a time you were in a busy work environment. How were you able to succeed in this environment?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in May 2017.

Interview

Applied online through indeed.com on 4/25
    Got an email 5/1 to complete assessment
    Completed assessment 5/2
    Phone interview request 5/4
    Completed phone interview 5/9
    Background initiated 5/10
    Final video interview 5/18
    Both interviews were very nice and informative and made the interview comfortable. I'm waiting to see I get an offer by the end of the month.

Interview Questions

• Previous job questions followed Star based questions.
      Handled difficult customer? Why progressive? Above and beyond for customer? Not able to complete a task?   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance (Springfield, MO) in March 2016.

Interview

The process lasted 6 months and was very intense. It started with an online test, two phone interviews, several online assessment, an in person interview, and another phone interview. The interviewer was not prepared. He was wearing sweatpants and sport sandals. He stated that he would be making the decision the next day, but did not receive a confirmed letter of not receiving the position for 4 months. During that time I was sent several emails and phone calls from hiring manager. I appreciated their honesty and hardwork to pick the perfect fit.

Interview Questions

• What is a mistake you made? What did you learn from it? How did you fix it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance (Charlotte, NC) in May 2017.

Interview

I was really impressed with the hiring process. I applied on 5/2/17, passed assessment on 5/3/17, which consists of basic math and personality type questions. Received a request for a phone interview on 5/5/17. Had phone interview on 5/9/17 and received notice that I was moving forward to the next steps during the phone interview. Completed background check on 5-10-17, had a face-to-face interview on 5-15-17, background check was completed on the same day and I am currently waiting for a response. Wish me luck!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to deal with a difficult customer?   1 Answer

Claims Adjuster Trainee Interview

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance.

Interview

Once your resume is reviewed if it matches you are sent an assessment to complete. Once you pass that you schedule a phone interview (their phone interviews are outsourced). The phone interview consists of some basic conversation as well as about 3 STAR format questions basically seeing if you have multitasking and time management skills. From that point if you are pushed forward you are contacted by a recruiter and a background check is initiated while you wait for your face to face interview. Stress your multitasking, organizational, time management and problem solving skills. This is a position you will need them for!

Interview Questions

• what kind of responsibilities have you recently added to your work day and how do you manage those changes?   Answer Question

Claims Adjuster Trainee Interview

Interview

I applied online. The next day I received an email invitation to take an online test that involved some basic math and personality questions. I received an email the following day asking me to set up a phone interview which I did. Admittedly, I was frazzled from having pored over all of the interview questions I could find. The woman interviewing me asked three of them after going over my previous work experience and asking what I liked/disliked about each job I'd listed. The whole process took about 30 minutes. I didn't have an ideal background for this job which I thought they would know after seeing my previous experience. I thought the questions might be tailored to each candidate; they didn't seem to be. I felt I had to exaggerate in order to answer the questions which didn't help. The interviewer's distinct lack of interest didn't help either. After each question I answered she would "mhmm" about three times before moving on. It was off-putting.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to deal with a difficult customer.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time you had to negotiate.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time you had several deadlines approaching and how you stayed organized. What devices/methods did you use?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anaheim, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance (Anaheim, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

A very long process still waiting to hear. :(
    3/25 - Applied
    4/2- assessment/ passed 4/4
    4/6- phone interview
    4/14 - interview face to face.
    4/17- background check cleared

I'm still waiting to hear back (4/24). I was told I will hear by this Friday. I have a lot of insurance experience in another area but not in this arena. I hope to hear back soon either way. If anybody has feedback please let me know.

I'm not comfortable with the length of time. I've been in financial services in the past but I felt this company asked for much more with the background check than with those folks who work with banks or mutual funds. I'm not sure if that is totally necessary for this type of position. I am left feeling anxious as I have never been through an interview process like this.

Interview Questions

Progressive Insurance Response

May 8, 2017 – Marketing Specialist III

Hello - If you still have not heard back, please feel free to reach out to us at careers@progressive.com and we can help look into this for you.

A.Y., Recruiting