Find jobs for Claims Adjuster Trainee

Engaged Employer

Add an Interview

Progressive Insurance Claims Adjuster Trainee Interview Questions

Updated Aug 16, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 709 of over 2,408.0 interviews

Recruiter2%
3.2
HardAverageEasy

Progressive Insurance

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance in May 2021

Interview

This detailed review will hopefully help anyone determined to work with Progressive. I applied for the claims adjuster trainee position twice. The first assessment attempt was sep 2020, and I was declined before the video interview. When you get the assessment, you may want to take it immediately. If you are distracted, in a terrible mood or drunk (lol) do yourself a favor by waiting until able to give it your all. It involves basic math, vocab analogies, personality and a mock customer service call. My second attempt in May 2021 went differently. I waited until I was able to give it my full focus. The next day received the video interview invitation, and spent several days preparing. While researching interview tips, I found you tube videos by Madeline Mann- she is amazing. Because of her advice, I fine tuned my approach and prepared solid STAR answers. Have specific examples that are interchangeable depending on the question. A story about a time you compromised could also be a story about a time you went above and beyond, multi tasked, etc. Write your stories- describe four star steps in detail. Brag a little, yet be humble... talk about what YOU did, how you learned and grew. Focus on the resolution. Consider the role you are going for when you design your answers. My stories intentionally highlighted how I will shine as an adjuster. There is a certain level of psychological manipulation that goes into concocting these stories. That sounds bad, but it's true. Don’t say what you’re good at- make them believe it- show them by providing stories that depict exactly how and why you are great. Practice, record yourself and critique- whether it be posture, more smiling or less rambling. If your story is 25 seconds or longer than 3 min, edit your answers. Video interviews have an advantage because you can display notes in front of you- out of view from the camera. Make sure you don’t seem like you’re reading if you rely on your notes as heavily as I do. Be conscious of your camera placement, lighting and background. Use a PC webcam, and if you don’t know what proper positioning/lighting/backdrops should look like, do yourself a favor and research it. Oh- and dress like you would for a formal interview. Hirevue asks 8 questions and you have 3 minutes to answer. You get two tries- if you botch the first one and try again, it will automatically save the second. You can’t pick between the two after you do the second one- it will auto submit the second. I recommend submitting your first try unless you really mess up. A couple questions caught me off guard, so I sacrificed the first 3 minutes of recording time to formulate my reply. This meant I had one shot during take two, but my one attempt was ok because I took that first 3 minutes to prepare instead of fumbling through. This chance to think and re do is a huge plus compared to live interviews. I wish you all the best! I write this while anxiously awaiting the video interview results. I have a good feeling since I was so prepared, but that “what if I’m not good enough” fear creeps up. Let’s push those thoughts of doubt away and think good things! I plan to share this review after more steps are completed because I want to be able to check that “offer accepted” box :) *UPDATE:) I’m officially checking the offer accepted box and posting this review! My second interview was yesterday and it went well. Some people mention having a panel of interviewers, and I was relieved to see just one person. The interviewer was personable and easy to talk with. I expected 3 STAR questions, but she asked 5. She was patient when I needed a minute to think about my answer on a couple of those surprise questions. I fumbled a bit, told her it was a great question and admitted to being a little nervous. Be prepared with more detailed stories explaining how you stay organized, times you compromised, gathered info from multiple sources, had a miscommunication with a customer, made an exception/went against policy, and were unable to finish all your tasks at work. They want to know that you’re organized, helpful, able to multi task, compromise, and willing to work extra hours. Again- watch those Madeline Mann videos. She helped me a ton and it didn't cost a thing except a little time! I received my offer phone call today! She emailed the offer letter and background docs, and provided a start date. This was fairly quick but definitely more intense than the average hiring process. If you really want to work for Progressive and put the effort into preparing, YOU CAN DO IT! ⭐️Timeline: applied 5/11 assessment 5/12 Video interview invite 5/13 Video interview completed 5/17 2nd interview invite 5/18 2nd interview completed 5/26 Job offer 5/27 Key advice : ⭐️Prepare detailed STAR ANSWERS-put your HEART into the stories ⭐️Practice ⭐️Be knowledgeable and excited about PROGRESSIVE and their CULTURE

Interview Questions
  • See above :) I shared several examples. And others posted the exact questions :)
    4 Answers
407 people found this interview helpful

Progressive Insurance

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance in Dec 2021

Interview

Completed application. Completed assessment. Currently at the next step which is a virtual HireVue interview. I'm studying the questions for STAR format so I will be ready. Decided to post all the questions I have found for other reviewers so far. This way they don't have to dig for them like I had to. Will update with more results.

Interview Questions
  • -Of all the positions you worked in the last 5 years, what position did you like most and why? What position did you like least and why? -Describe a time when you solved a problem for someone in a way that exceeded their expectations. ----Please describe the situation, how you responded, and the results. How did you know what would exceed their expectations? -Tell me about a time when you struggled with or were overwhelmed by a new or difficult challenge at work or school. Please describe the situation, your actions, and the results. How were you able to remain accountable for your work during that stressful time? -Tell us about a time you received difficult or constructive feedback from a supervisor or educator. -Describe the situation, how you responded, and the results. What did you do with the feedback? -Tell me about a situation when you had to adapt to a substantial change you encountered while working on an assignment at school or work. Please describe the situation, how you adapted to the change, and the results. -Tell me about a situation in which you needed to make an important decision quickly, but were faced with conflicting information from multiple sources. Please describe the situation, your actions, and the results of your final decision -Tell me about a time when a customer or individual told you no at first and you were able to convince him or her to say yes. Give a detailed explanation of the process you used to persuade the customer -Name a time you had to dealing with conflicting information at work. -Tell me about a time that you were able to convince a customer to do something. -Describe a situation where you had to adapt to change. -Name a time you had a sudden change either at work or at school and how did you handle it? -My least and favorite job and why ? -Name a time you wish you had reacted differently to someone at work. -Go through your previous jobs, describe your role at each company and tell me why you left. -Tell me about a time you received negative feedback and how you responded to it. -Tell me about a time you did something wrong and how you fixed it. -Tell me about a time you made a hasty decision and what was the result. -Tell me about a time you had go above and beyond to meet a customer's expectations. -What is your worst work trait? -Tell me about a time you received different instructions from multiple people. -Tell me about a time a customer told you no and you changed their mind to a yes. -Tell me about a time you received negative feedback from a supervisor and what you learned from it. -Tell me about a time you did something wrong. How did you fix it? -Tell me about a time when there was a system change at work what steps did you take to adapt to this change? -What job did you like the most? What job did you like the least? And why? -Briefly describe your work history for the past five years and why you left -Describe a time where there was miscommunication, what you did to resolve it, and the outcome. -Describe a time where you had to adjust and adapt to a change at work, what you did, and the outcome. -Describe a time when you had to learn/do something new at work and the steps you took and the results -Talk about a time when you had to gather info to solve a problem. -Talk about a time when there was a misunderstanding between you & a customer regarding their expectations. -Talk about a time you had to adapt to or overcome change. -Talk about a time you needed to learn something new in order to accomplish a task at work. -Talk about how you organize and prioritize your projects and workload to make sure all of them are done correctly. -What interests you most about working in this role, which involves multitasking, navigating multiple systems, prioritizing, flexibility & prioritizing? -Name a time you had to negotiate (which could include compromise) -Name a specific time you had to use your time management skills, how did you do it and what was the result.
85 people found this interview helpful