Progressive Insurance Claims Adjuster Trainee Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 13, 2017

3.2

243 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Claims Adjuster Trainee Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance.

Interview

I took the online assessment and went through the phone interview. That part of the process was great and I was invited to schedule an in person interview right away.
I arrived to the meeting super excited but walked into the most hostile environment I have ever experienced during an interview. I choose to believe that this was a well planned scare tactic because the rudeness and amount of condescending questions I was subjected to were absolutely unreal. It is also quite obvious that this organization puts their profits before anybody else including their employees.
Regardless of the scenario, there is absolutely no way I would ever agree to work for these managers.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Progressive Insurance

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance (Madison, WI).

Interview

I applied for the position online, was then sent an online assessment and completed it, got a phone interview, drove two hours for an in person interview, completed background check (in which they wanted college transcripts and a complete work history from the last five years of employment), and then they called me to tell me that I wasn't getting an offer. After all of that, it was highly disheartening to not get an offer. It's a rigorous application process and I can't believe I went through all of it for nothing.

Interview Questions

• Name an instance where you were dissatisfied with your job and what did you do to rectify it.   Answer Question

Claims Adjuster Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance in August 2017.

Interview

Applied-Aug 7th 2017
    First Assessment Request- Aug 7th 2017
    Second Assessment Request-Aug 8th 2017
    Request for Phone Interview- Aug 8th 2017
    Phone Interview Date-Aug 11th 2017
    Awaiting to get results back to either move on or schedule in person interview as of Aug 14th 2017. Was told i would hear by Aug 16th.

The process for Progressive is the longest i have been in so far. Ive read other peoples time lines and was about a month. I'm at the 1 week mark. I still have the in person interview and the background check to do to see if i even get an offer for the job. The women i interviewed with was from South Carolina I believe and was very friendly. She could tell i was a little nervous. Talked about what entails in the interview. First was conversation about my employment history and why i wanted to work for Progressive. Then got into the STAR questions. Made sure to answer every part of the question and reiterated just in case she missed anything. It definitly seams like they are trying to see if you would be a good fit for the position instead of just throwing people in there hoping they can learn. Went over pay, training which is 2 weeks in office, 2 weeks in Ohio(they pay for everything she said) and then a few more weeks of training. In total she said it was 3 months worth. At the beginning of the 4th month you are moved to your own desk and given a few claims to go over. You also get paired with 2 mentors which will help you through out everything. In total we spent a half hour talking. I honestly dont think i will be moving forward in the process but if I do, I will update later.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a situation where you had an upset customer. What did you do and what was the end result.   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time that you had to implement a new procedure. How quickly did it have to be implemented?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Palm Beach, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance (West Palm Beach, FL).

Interview

My experience was very similar to other postings on here. I had an initial phone interview with the recruiter then a longer follow-up VIDEO interview with a manager who wasn't local. The initial interview had fairly straightforward STAR questions and the video interview had the harder, more negative, STAR questions. Just note, they aren't looking for what you learned from the example and how that improved you, they are looking for a positive outcome with THAT scenario.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you weren't happy with the customer service you provided.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Palm Beach, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance (West Palm Beach, FL).

Interview

I had a phone interview and the lady was nice. I passed that stage and was called back for a face to face interview. The person they said that would interview me wasn't there so someone else had to do it and I think it was her first time. The whole process from applying to going through all the million steps took about two months.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Concord, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance (Concord, NC) in July 2017.

Interview

I think the interview process went over pretty well. The interviewer was nice and personable. He got right to the point. All of the questions I had he answered in the rundown of the introduction of the company and the role of the claims adjuster position. The beginning of the hire process went by pretty fast. I had the phone interview on July 6 but have not heard anything about any next steps. I am assuming at this point, I was not chosen to move forward in the process.

Interview Questions

• Why Progressive?
      Name a time you dealt with an angry customer?   Answer Question

Progressive Insurance Response

Jul 18, 2017 – Marketing Specialist III

Hello - Please feel free to email us at careers@progressive.com and we can help look into this for you.
    - A.Y., Progressive Recruiting

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance (San Francisco, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

Great so far. As other posters have stated, it's been a 3 week process so far. I've had a phone interview and have an in person interview scheduled. Everyone has been very professional and kind.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tallahassee, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance (Tallahassee, FL) in June 2017.

Interview

I did a online assessment followed by two on site interviews. my first one was based of Targeted Selection and I did great I was told I would be a amazing fit. The second one was with the branch manager they just asked more questions of my experience not based on the STAR format really. I did ok. I'm currently waiting on a offer. My background check was already completed. Overall my experience was great. I enjoyed meeting everyone and everyone was nice. I was told I would here back Friday if not Wednesday of next week. I'm excited. I researched the company before hand and prepared for the interviews. Everyone was really nice and i was told the job would be a challenge but it was nothing I didn't expect.

Interview Questions

• If I asked your current supervisor, what would be your strengths and weakness.   Answer Question
    • What's your day to day job.   Answer Question
    • How do you stay organized. Stress time management and ability to adapt.   Answer Question

Claims Adjuster Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance.

Interview

Don't apply here, one of most difficult/worse interviews I have experienced for an entry level position. They really don't care about your skills or work history as long as you can use their STAR format of answering questions (Situation/Task, Action, Result). Does't matter where you worked prior or experiences, if you get even a little bit of this format incorrect in their eyes then you can be sure they will reject you. IT'S ALL ABOUT THE STAR FORMAT.....Remember, this is for an ENTRY LEVEL position in which they train you...... The online assessment test is just an hour of your time to see if you think like them which I found pointless because anyone can lie on these things. It's an easy test with obvious answers. The person I interviewed with over the phone was nice enough but you could tell she did not care about the interview itself and the conversation in general was very stale. Red flag immediately. This is just my opinion/experience of course and others will disagree.

If you really want to work for them, stick to the STAR format precisely and always relate your answers to customer service experiences that are both direct/indirect. Be as specific/detailed as possible in your answers and stick to the subject. They will be noting everything you say but only looking for certain specifics in your answers.

They will give you feedback if you ask but it does little to help as they refer you to another site and a youtube video...nice. If you wish to reapply then you gotta wait 6 months...and honestly who can wait 6 months for a job these days and for an entry level position on top of it...they should change the interview name process from Progressive to Aggressive because they just want robots apparently.

Interview Questions

• 1. Tell me about a time you had to meet a deadline and what you did to meet it.
      2. Tell me about a time when you had to deal with an angry customer and what you did to resolve the issue.
      3. Tell me about a time where you had to deal with significant changes at work and what you did to acclimate to the situation.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance (Charlotte, NC) in May 2017.

Interview

I was really impressed with the hiring process. I applied on 5/2/17, passed assessment on 5/3/17, which consists of basic math and personality type questions. Received a request for a phone interview on 5/5/17. Had phone interview on 5/9/17 and received notice that I was moving forward to the next steps during the phone interview. Completed background check on 5-10-17, had a face-to-face interview on 5-15-17, background check was completed on the same day and I am currently waiting for a response. Wish me luck!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to deal with a difficult customer?   1 Answer