Progressive Insurance Claims Adjuster Trainee Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Progressive Insurance Claims Adjuster Trainee Interview Questions

Updated Apr 28, 2017

3.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance (Dallas, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied for the Claims Adjuster trainee position and found that the it was fairly quick that I got my assessment test email. I know the day after that I has passed it. I had a phone interview within the week at the end of which I was told that I would hear back the following Monday or Tuesday.

However, I got no response what so ever. There was nothing to tell me that my interview had one reaction or the other. Here I am two weeks later and they can't even be bothered to send an automated email advising that I did not go on to the next phase.

Interview Questions

• Please describe what you did to resolve a difficult situation with a customer.   Answer Question

Progressive Insurance Response

Mar 30, 2017 – Marketing Specialist III

Hello - If you still haven't received a response, please feel free to reach out to us at careers@progressive.com. A.Y., Recruiting

Other Interview Reviews for Progressive Insurance

Claims Adjuster Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance in March 2017.

Interview

I applied for the position through Indeed.com. Within 24 hours I received an online test and passed. I was sent an email the same day to set up a telephone interview, which I scheduled for that Friday (3 days later). The phone interview was with an amazing recruiter who really made me feel comfortable. The STAR questions were a little more difficult, but not too bad. At the end of the phone call she told me that I would be getting passed on for an on-site interview. I received the background and clearance portion to complete on Monday, and that process took about 5 days. It has now bee almost two weeks of waiting to hear back about an on-site, however I was told that the manager who conducts these at the SC branch was no longer with the company and that we were just waiting on scheduling.

Interview Questions

• Tell me what you know about Progressive.   1 Answer

Progressive Insurance Response

Apr 12, 2017 – Marketing Specialist III

Hi there - If you still haven't heard back please feel free to contact us at careers@progressive.com and we can help look into this for you. Best, A.Y., Progressive Recruiting

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anaheim, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance (Anaheim, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

A very long process still waiting to hear. :(
    3/25 - Applied
    4/2- assessment/ passed 4/4
    4/6- phone interview
    4/14 - interview face to face.
    4/17- background check cleared

I'm still waiting to hear back (4/24). I was told I will hear by this Friday. I have a lot of insurance experience in another area but not in this arena. I hope to hear back soon either way. If anybody has feedback please let me know.

I'm not comfortable with the length of time. I've been in financial services in the past but I felt this company asked for much more with the background check than with those folks who work with banks or mutual funds. I'm not sure if that is totally necessary for this type of position. I am left feeling anxious as I have never been through an interview process like this.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance (Columbus, OH).

Interview

I applied to this position on 12/24 and I received notice to complete the online assessment on 1/14/2016. There is a math portion but it's basic stuff. The hardest part to me was the personality and behavioral questions. It is timed and you cannot go back and check answers so make sure you take the time you need on each section. I received notification on 1/16 that my score wasn't strong enough to move forward.

Interview Questions

• You are a part of a team project rank the following characteristics from least like you to most like you   Answer Question

Claims Adjuster Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance in February 2017.

Interview

STAR format questions. You can find these online on their website, they ask almost the same exact questions. Also, make sure you do your research about the company. They will ask you what you know about Progressive so make sure to do your homework on the company.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell me a time you had multiple projects due at the same time how did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • What do you know about Progressive?   Answer Question
    • Name a time you dealt with an unhappy customer.   Answer Question
    • Describe a situation in which you were able to convince someone to see things your way.   Answer Question

Claims Adjuster Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance.

Interview

Awesome experience looking forward to completing the process. Every was so positive and courteous. Felt very comfortable. It was more of a conversation than just a normal interview yet still very professional. Wonderful company!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance (Dallas, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

Applies online, assessment sent, phone interview, just received the email to do background check and in person interview. I haven't had my in person interview but I'm sure I will nail it!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Macon, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance (Macon, GA) in January 2017.

Interview

Progressive's Interview process is not bad at all. I didn't make it pass the phone interview only because I let my nervousness get the best of me and I didn't showcase my true skills. My interviewer was wonderful and if the position ever came open again I would apply. Progressive is an awesome company. I just hate that I didn't prepare myself.

Interview Questions

• What do you like most about your current job? What do you like the least? What is your experience with negotiating? What are some of your computer skills? Tell about your experience when dealing with a difficult customer/how did you handle it and what was the outcome? Tell about a time you had two conflicting projects to complete? The questions were not hard you just need to be prepared to deliver detailed scenarios....they want to know if you can handle yourself under pressure and if you possess the skills of being able to handle multiple tasks.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance (New York, NY).

Interview

Nov. 2-Applied online
    Nov. 5-Received an invitation to complete the assessment
    Nov. 10-Received an email to schedule a phone interview
    Nov. 17- Phone interview with recruiter went well in my opinion. She asked questions about my previous and current employment and explained STAR questions and went through a few questions such as "Name a time when you had to negotiate with a customer" , etc
    Nov. 18- Received a request for a background check through Hireright .. I completed the background right away, but it took Hireright until Dec. 2 to complete the entire check (I lived quite a few places in college)
    Nov. 28-Received in person interview confirmation
    Dec. 9- In person interview with both the regional manager and the office supervisor and it went well. They asked questions about past employment, explained job duties and expectations and then asked similar STAR questions such as.. "Name a time when you did not complete a task", etc.
    Dec. 14- Received an offer via phone from the recruiter

*I posted this to let fellow applicants know about what to expect when interviewing and how to prepare. Be sure to be truthful on your application and resume as all education and employment will be verified.. Read up on STAR format and have specific examples in mind, and more than anything be confident!

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you did not complete a task or assignment.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

After applying you has to pass an assessment test, which was easy. Once that was done a phone interview was scheduled.

The advertised salary was 52k plus bonus. The interview was going very well until she asked about salary. Her voice changed from perky to annoyed when I said I wanted the salary advertised. Very unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• She asked me what do I do if I have a problem with a customer? Do I handle it alone or need help   Answer Question