Progressive Insurance Claims Generalist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Progressive Insurance Claims Generalist Interview Questions

3.3

24 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance (Chicago, IL) in August 2016.

Interview

1-Applied online
2-Received email with assessment
3-Passed assessment
4-Phone interview
5-Background check
6-Phone interview
After phone interview recruiter said I should get an email within 48hrs letting me know whether or not I'm moving forward to face-to-face. She said she still had a couple more candidates to interview and then they would decide who's moving forward to face-to-face.
Waiting to hear back now...

Interview Questions

• About 3-4 STAR format questions
    -How do you keep organized
    -Tell me about a difficult situation and how you fixed it   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Progressive Insurance

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Peoria, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance (Peoria, IL) in July 2016.

Interview

Applied July 20, 2016
    Received request to take online assessment on July 22.
    Email on July 24,2016 stating I passed and was moving on in the process.
    Phone interview requested on July 25, 2016
    Conducted phone interview on July 28,2016, (26 minutes total phone time) was told they would like to do background check and schedule face to face interview.
    Submitted info for Background check and that is where I am...

I will update when I have an outcome to report.

Interview Questions

• Even though we may try our best to help a customer, sometimes they are still not satisfied- name a time when you had to help a dissatisfied customer.   Answer Question
    • Name a time you had to adhere to strict policies and procedures to help a customer.   Answer Question
    • Name a time when you were a part of a negotiation.   Answer Question

Claims Generalist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance.

Interview

online test, phone interview, in person interview. Did not find it that hard. The process was very slow. The biggest pain was the back ground check since I had so many summer jobs. The interviews were pretty long, usually lasting an hour to two hours

Interview Questions

• Mostly star questions.
      Describe a time you had to deal with a difficult customer. Name a time you went above and beyond   Answer Question

Claims Generalist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance.

Interview

Hiring and interview process is tedious. You fill out an application, then have to be vetted by a recruiter, then a phone interview with the recruiter, then an in person interview with the hiring manager. The tedious part is the time between the recruiter call and in person interview. The company Progressive uses to do background checks is completely inept at their job.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you went against supervision guidance to achieve a result.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. Set salary.

Claims Generalist Interview

Interview

The hiring process was surprisingly quick. I submitted my application online and was hired within a few weeks. Everyone I spoke with was exceptionally helpful and they kept me informed at each step. There is an online application followed by an online questionnaire. If you make it passed both of those, there is a phone interview and then an in person interview.

Interview Questions

• They expect you to be very specific with examples of past work decisions.   Answer Question

Claims Generalist Interview

Interview

Phone interview, followed by a test and in person interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

After the in person interview

Anonymous Employee in Richardson, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance (Richardson, TX).

Interview

You begin with a general aptitude test, then must do a phone interview, then an in person interview that is done is STAR format.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to handle a problem in a different way than you are accustomed to?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. Entry level salary was set.

Claims Generalist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance.

Interview

The initial process of locating a job opportunity and submitting my resume was exceedingly easy due to Progressive's use of online submission. The initial response from the corporate recruiting department was timely, and positive. The recruiter you are assigned to works with you throughout the hiring process. After the initial interview, there was some degree of longer delays in hearing back from anyone, and the actual process from initial application to hiring offer took over thirty days. Accurate expectations of the next step and the time frame were set communicated to me consistently.

Interview Questions

• At the time of my hiring at least, Progressive interviews leaned heavily on the behavioral based interview model, and most questions were posed in the form of "Tell me about a time in your work experience when..." The hardest question for me to formulate a positive and engaging response to was: "Tell me about a time when you were completely unable to meet a customer's expectations, and what did you do to attempt to resolve the issue for that specific customer, and what changes did you make as a result of this experience?"   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiation is fairly limited in the initial hiring phase as Progressive really tries to make an offer that takes into account the candidates abilities, relevant experience and background. That being said, there is some degree of flexibility, and it does not hurt the job seeker to make a reasonable and realistic request for an increase in their starting salary.

Anonymous Employee in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance (Chandler, AZ) in January 2014.

Interview

Be prepared to answer questions based on the STAR format. Before the interview with a manager you will need to pass a skills test and do an interview over the phone with a recruiter. When you arrive be sure it is on time. However, do not expect for the manager to interview you immediately. They like to make you wait awhile. They want to know if you can solve problems, fit into the work environment, and if you have leadership qualities. They prefer people who tend to be overachievers and goal oriented.

Interview Questions

• You will need examples for when you had a leadership role, how you had a problem and overcame it, a time when you had difficulty with a coworker.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance (Houston, TX) in January 2014.

Interview

It was a great expericinec the interview went well not long at all very theral which I like cause they took the time to really make a good fit for you and the company.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation set salary.