Progressive Insurance Claims Generalist Trainee Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Progressive Insurance Claims Generalist Trainee Interview Questions

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Yonkers, NY

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance (Yonkers, NY) in December 2011.

Interview

Saw the position on indeed.com. I summited my resume and within 2 days I got an email from the company to take an IQ testand behavioral test. Was fairly easy. If you pass you get an email a few hours later. They email and call you to schedule a phone interview which happens about a week and a half later.

The phone interview they say is about 1hr long but it could last 30 min. They dont email u or anything for another week and a half to schedule a 1 on 1 interview.

The 1 on 1 interview was a BIG JOKE. He didnt seem interested in hiring me. when he asked me a question and i answered it I noticed he rolled his eyes.
He spent about 30 min mostly spoking about himself, wife, kids and his experiences and what he went thru in his old job and progressive . He didn't ask me about my background, education, why you want to for progressive nor what i can bring to the table.

He didnt even want to shake my hand when i left his office. Worst experience so far.

Questions.

1. Did you ever go behound the call of duty for a customer?
2. Did you ever supervise a group of people
3. Tell me about your previous jobs
4. If there was one thing you can change from your previous employement what would it be
5. Have you ever negotiated before?
6. Do you wind working saturdays and also in the field. (work outside)
7. What was the best experience you had with a customer.

Interview Questions

• Did you ever go above and behond for a customer and if so what was the outcome.   Answer Question
  • Can you negotiate and if so what was it that you negotiated   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Progressive Insurance

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Parsippany, NJ

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance (Parsippany, NJ) in December 2011.

Interview

Was told to take a test the day after. It was a fairly easy test and about two days later, I was contacted for a phone interview. The phone interview was about 45 mins and consisted of going over my resume and about 6 behavioral questions. The person was very nice and told me to make sure to contact her if I did not hear about a follow up interview. A few days later I was contact to schedule an interview for the following week with a Manager. The 1:1 interview was relaxed, the person was very polite. It also consisted of about 10 behavioral questions and going over my resume. I was told I would receive an answer in a few days regardless of the decision. I was called about 5 days later and told that I did not get the position.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time you went above and beyond for a customer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, TX

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance (Arlington, TX) in March 2011.

Interview

So I applied onine and then took a test at the office. The test was easy, it is just a wonderlic test. After that I had a phone interview. The interviewer was nice and professional. Mostly consists of behavioral type questions in the STAR format. It went fairly well, however this was my first interview as a recent college grad and I was nervous. A week later I was called to set up an in person interview at the office. I arrived at the interview and was met by two interviewers. One was the corporate HR lady and the other was a male manager from the office. From the very beginning I felt like the male manager did not want to interview me and he was not friendly at all. The female HR rep was very nice and smiled and nodded while I answered the behaviorial questions. The male interviewer paid little attention and looked like he could care less what I had to say. The interview lasted around 40 minutes and overall I thought I did fairly well. A word of advice is to really emphasize your customer service for this position. I mean really sell your customer service! I did not focus enough on my experience with customer service and this was the reason the HR rep called and declined to give me an offer the next week. I have 5 years experience with cust service and yet she told me that I did not have enough...for an entry level position. Riiiight. In the end I am glad I did not get an offer, I would have turned it down anyways. The pay sounded decent but the hours sounded extremely unreasonable. If I had the chance to do it over again I still would for the interview experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time you had to weigh the pros and cons and decided not to act.   Answer Question
    • Tell me a time you had a group problem and how did you over come it?   Answer Question
    • How did you make a process better?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had a disagreement with a manager and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question
    • Tell me a time you had to overcome an obstacle with a customer.   Answer Question

Claims Generalist Trainee Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance in January 2012.

Interview

I got interviewed over the phone for a claims position in january. they didnt call me back til april, i dont know what took so long. Anyways i have got scheduled for a face to face. phone interview just consisted of asking questions on background and situational questions. Research star interviews on the net and have answers ready as well as questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time where you made a mistake and what did you do to correct it?   Answer Question

Claims Generalist Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance in March 2011.

Interview

1. Applied online
    2. Set-up time to take in-office assessment test
    3. Phone interview (where I currently am)
    4. Interview at current branch.

Review- The skills test is a wonderlic test. You are responsible for getting 22 correct. Verbal section is super easy, math somewhat difficult due to the 12 minute time constraint. Your goal is to get 22 questions correct out of the 55. Sample (easy math) A plane travels 300 feet in a 1/2 second, in 10 seconds the plane travels how many feet?

Phone interview is behavioral based questions. Make sure you have responses ready.'

Update to come.

Claims Generalist Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance in November 2010.

Interview

Just like most reviewers on this site, found the job online (always been both interested and fearful of claims but if i was gonna do was gonna do it on the high end of the pay scale) and decided to apply to Progressive. 2 days later or so got initial emails and an appointment to take the wonderlic and the basic personality profile was scheduled. They will let you know immediately if you passed and my advice on the wonderlic for those who are new are just think of it as a race to get 22 or 29 (i forget) questions right in 12 minutes. If you dont know the answer and cant figure it out in under 15 seconds blow through it. no calculator provided so if your not so good in math just pass and get to the easy verbal questions. Passed no problem had to schedule phone interview. All I can say is Yuck!!! not so much at Progressive in particular just the whole STAR process as a whole,

The interview was at least an hour had to schedule time off work to take it. Interviewer was nice I guess I dont know who I feel sorry for more me or her because her job is to ask those ridiculous questions ad naseum all day. Must have been at least 8 or 9 questions about particular behaviors in certain situations. You must be specific and give detailed answers. Half way through I just wanted to say uncle and punt the whole thing. Needless to say dont think i did very well. I honestly wasnt too bummed when I didnt get the job because I seriously dont think I could have gone into the branch office and done another hour long STAR interview with the same or similar situations.

P.S. information on starting salary was given and if you factor in shift differential and typical gainshare bonus was probably a little lower than I found on most sites. Given my situation of being currently employed I would have demanded the high end of the range and would have walked out on the whole thing if it was not met.

Interview Questions

• Why Progressive   Answer Question
    • Name a time where you had to persuade a coworker to change their ways?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time at work where you have to deal with a difficult complex situation?   Answer Question
    • What do you dislike about your current job?   Answer Question
    • When did you set a goal at work and what did you do to achieve it?   Answer Question