Progressive Insurance Claims Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Progressive Insurance Claims Representative Interview Questions

Updated Feb 15, 2017

3.4

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mayfield Heights, Cuyahoga, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance (Mayfield Heights, Cuyahoga, OH) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied 1/23
Received email for assessment 1/23
Phone interview 1/27
Onsite interview 1/30
Received email stating the interview went well and they were waiting on my background check I would hear from them within two weeks.
Today is the two wk date mark. I thought things went very well but not hearing from them makes me wonder otherwise. Interview process long but understandable when applying for a huge corporation like Progressive. Phone Interview was based on the STAR format, Onsite interview was very informative and they asked almost the exact same questions as they list on their site. Gentleman was very professional and very nice, asked me if I thought I could handle the job, most definitely. I thought I for sure had it walking out. No communication since. Will update if I hear anything

Interview Questions

• Talk about an experience where you had to go above and beyond your normal job duties?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Progressive Insurance

Claims Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance in January 2017.

Interview

Applied Friday. Assessment Monday, phone interview following tues. did research and prepared for star. Felt I did very well and answered all questions confidently. Was told I'd hear back that they were interviewing other candidates. Which from everything I've read means no. But she did say there may be other jobs in the company that I would be interested in or suited for. Waiting for official email.

Edit: Update received an email requesting a background check if I wanted to apply to the customer service position. Proceeding with that.

Update: did the in person interview on Friday. Made to feel super comfortable. I felt it went well. Results came back Monday via email that I wasn't selected. Asked for feedback. Missed a few details when probed and lack of sales experience.

Interview Questions

• Why progressive? Why are you leaving? Best/worst things about current job. Tell about... upset customer, taking criticism, a time you felt overwhelmed at work and how you dealt with it.   Answer Question

Claims Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance in January 2017.

Interview

The interview process is drawn out and exhausting. It's a hard and cold process. This is not a company I would want to work for. Sadly, I have found that out over the years. I have had two phone interviews (years apart) and each time have gotten the same copy and paste jargon that I am not qualified after my initial phone interview. That I'm "not qualified" for positions that I am more than qualified for. Progressive uses the STAR format. They'll ask you approximately three STAR questions. The questions I was asked did not correlate with the position I was applying for. I could also tell that the recruiter that was interviewing me was unprepared and mumbled through most of the interview. He didn't seem like he wanted to be talking to me and was quick to try to rush me off at the end. He asked if I had any questions at the end, and seemed surprised and disappointed that I did. He answered what I asked but then continued to pry and nit pick at my resume (it was an odd point in the interview for him to do this because if I hadn't asked questions we would have disconnected and not inquired at all). He asked some personal and unprofessional questions in regards to my experience. If you really want to work here, best of luck. I really don't know if it's worth it. I spent well over a week preparing for my phone interview just to get an email that I'm not qualified. Personally, it's not worth the time when you can apply to work for another insurance company with less stress and being sifted through a hiring system that seems flawed and like it misses out on hiring qualified individuals.

Interview Questions

• When was a time that you worked with someone who was different than you and had a different view. What did you do? How did you come together to work through your difference?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance (Austin, TX) in December 2016.

Interview

Online application; Online assessment that gauged both critical thinking as well as opinion based answers. Phone interview that lasted about 20 minutes. Questions were basic STAR format questions. Was told I would hear back either way via email within a week.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you were overwhelmed and how you handled it   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance (New York, NY).

Interview

Phone interview - Was very lengthy and very detailed, lets you know everything you could ever need to hear about the position, it's benefits, pay rate, and hourly schedule.

Interview Questions

• 1. Describe a time where you had to deal with an upset customer. How did you deal with it, what was the end result?

2. Describe a time where a company you worked for had a change in policy that directly effected you, how did you deal with it, was there any concerns?

3.What were some significant Pro's and Con's to the last job you had, how did they effect you, and how did you deal with it?
      Answer Question

Claims Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance.

Interview

I applied for claims representative, but I received an email that they wanted me to apply for the customer service rep position instead which I declined because the hours were not as good and the pay was less, but somehow a hitch on their system scheduled me for a phone interview for a position that I did not applied. The lady on the phone sounded very rude, like she just got had a bad experience just a few mins ago before she called me, I though that was kind of odd considering that she is conducting an interview for customer service, and I can hear by her tone that she was mad about something. So she started first stating that she couldn't hear me very well so I had to raise my voice a couple of times. I used my phone constantly so the issue must of been on her end

Anonymous Employee in Riverview, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance (Riverview, FL) in November 2016.

Interview

Very intense and structured.. practice, practice! Esp for the phone Interview which was the hardest. The recruiters are serious about selecting the right people. If you are shy or timid you need to reallly rehearse. The phone interview can last anywhere between 30-60 mins. Be ready to talk about yourself and background and answer about 7 behavior questions.. if you get off track or not answering the question in the correct format.. they will guide you back on track.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you could not fulfill the request of a customer? What did you do and what was the end result? If hired at progressive where do you see yourself in the company 3 years from now?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance (Austin, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

Filled out application online. The next day I received an email inviting me to take a test. Shortly after that, I received another email asking to schedule a phone interview. My interviewer seemed like she was not feeling well or something to that effect, and while I kept my usual friendly demeanor she would respond almost annoyed. She was not receptive to any conversation that was not her asking questions, so I allowed her to steer the conversation to not bother her. I didn't let that get to me, I just answered the questions confidently. At the end of the call she told me that I would know by the end of the week either way. I knew she would not recommend me for the in person, however it took several weeks for me to find out officially. I only found out by checking back on the website daily. I have never interviewed for something to end up not getting the position I am applying for, because I have strong work history and references. I usually only apply for 2 or 3 jobs because I will end up with too many offers otherwise. I think had I been speaking with another interviewer, I would have moved forward. The questions were very standard and easy, and I had done some research on the company as I read other people's reviews on Progressive's hiring process. Doesn't seem like a bad place to work for, but getting in is clearly a long and hard process. If you aren't in a rush to get hired, it is worth a shot. Would probably try again if I needed to in the future.

Interview Questions

• What part of your previous job did you dislike the most?   Answer Question

Claims Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance.

Interview

The interview process was very standard. Assessment, Phone Interview, Face to Face Interview. Recruiters and interviewers are very personable and the phone and in person interview felt very conversational. They give you the resources for what kind of questions they'll be asking but also make sure to emphasize why you'd like them as an employer and for this role in particular if you don't have the experience they probably won't hire you even though it's entry level! Even if you have auto insurance experience. I do like that progressive provides feedback on why you were not hired!

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for progressive?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance (Austin, TX) in June 2016.

Interview

Extensive interview process. Apply online, take a pre-employment assessment, phone interview, and then in-person interview. My on-site interview was with one other person, and I could tell from the beginning that he was not into me at all. He had a difficult time trying to stifle his yawns throughout the interview, which didn't do much for my confidence. As other reviews and Progressive itself indicate, the interview uses the STAR method, and they'll want you to have specific examples for each question.

Although I had a bad experience with the individual who did my in-person interview, I will say that the recruiters at Progressive seemed top-notch. I spoke to several people throughout the process, all of whom were extremely nice and professional. They also do a great job of keeping you informed throughout every step of the process.

Interview Questions

• All behavioral questions asking about specific examples from past work experiences.   Answer Question