Progressive Insurance Claims Service Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Progressive Insurance Claims Service Representative Interview Questions

3.4

8 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance (Austin, TX) in April 2016.

Interview

After completing and passing the online assessment, Progressive set up a telephone interview with me. It lasted approx. 35 minutes. The interviewer was pleasant, but I felt better questions could have been posed.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Progressive Insurance

Claims Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance.

Interview

The interview process is not bad. You fill out the application online and if they like what they see they will send you an email telling you to do an online assessment. If you do well on the assessment they email you telling you they are interested in a phone interview. During the phone interview they ask about 8-10 behavioral based questions. They give you some examples in an email prior to the interview, but I believe the best way to prepare yourself is to google STAR interview questions. I believe I was asked one question from their examples but all the questions I googled were similar to questions that I was asked. Since I did very well on the phone interview (thanks to google) I was told I would receive a call within the next few days to set up an in person interview. I received a call and an email explaining the process of my in person interview. I ended up withdrawing from the hiring process because they moved my intended start date by 3 months and I could not wait that long for a job, and besides the money wasn't worth the wait (only $13.50 an hour). Before I withdrew I was told that my in person interview would consist of me being interviewed by a manager and if that went well I would I would interview with someone else (can't remember their title).

Interview Questions

• Describe a decision you made that wasn't popular and how you handled implementing it.   Answer Question

I didn't finish the process but I withdrew when they moved back my start date.

Anonymous Employee in Mayfield Heights, Cuyahoga, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance (Mayfield Heights, Cuyahoga, OH).

Interview

First did a online assessment passed that then had a phone interview a week later after that about 2 weeks later had on site interview with two mangers very detailed be sure to have plenty of examples using the star method. Then received a email business days later telling me that that mangers enjoyed me and I got the job just waiting on my background check

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you and your manger didn't agree on a matter   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Malvern, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance (Malvern, AR) in May 2013.

Interview

I only have had the phone interview thus far. They ask a lot of questions based on past customer service experience you had in the past. there were a lot of how did you handle type question ex how did you handle a difficult person or negative feedback

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance (Austin, TX) in March 2011.

Interview

Filled out an application online. Received email from Progressive that they would like me to come to their Austin, Texas office and take a couple of tests which are administered via computer. Only 2 out of the 7 people who took the tests were offered a phone interview later within 1-2 days. I was one of the two people who who went to the next step, the "phone" interview.

I prepared for every possible question that they might ask. I looked up the history of the company, etc. online. I actually typed up answers so I would not forget if I got too nervous. I was waiting for my interview call, and the interviewer postponed our interview for 3 hours later, and by that time I was extremely tired. I thought I had good answers for the questions. They give you a scenario, and then ask you to give specific examples of how you handled that situation. I had many specific answers as I had worked for a large company as a telphone counselor for five years. However, I was told that my answers were NOT SPECIFIC enough because I did not specify exactly who the customer/client was - instead I said, something to the effect of: This scenario happened frequently with my last position, many clients had the same this issue, problem, etc. and I would give example of HOW I handled the problem, and what the outcome was. I was shocked when I did not get hired. I called back until I got some answers, fearing that perhaps it was my age, being over 50, or being more educated than most of their employees. I was finally told, by the actual interviewer , that my answers did not specify the exact person. I explained to her that I worked with 15 people per day for 5 years, and that the same scenario came up many times in that amount of time, and there was no way to remember the exact person. I went to Glassdoor.com and found out after my interview (too late for me), that this was a major complaint of many interviewed applicants. They found the interviews ridiculous and repetitive. Progressive needs to get real with that portion of their interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a specific situation when you had negative feedback, and how you handled it, and what was the result?   Answer Question
    • Give me a specific example of   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mayfield Heights, Cuyahoga, OH

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance (Mayfield Heights, Cuyahoga, OH) in February 2011.

Interview

The phone interview was easy make sure your detailed in your answers. The in person interview consisted of two one on one interviews the first was questions based on your passed an how you handled situations with customers. The second one on one was all about your work place and policies you had to handle.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you had to escalate a problem to your supperviser   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you disagreed with a police or procedure   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance (Austin, TX) in July 2010.

Interview

I submitted my resume online via Yahoo! Hot Jobs and was contacted by a woman with Progressive in the HR department about a week later. They sought to have me come in and take the IQ and Skills test that same week,which I passed both. After that I scheduled a Phone Interview with Andrew LaGreca,at the time I went in for the IQ/Skills testing, which I did two days later and passed. After that I scheduled the 1:1 interview which I also passed. In the end I was not given an offer for employment because the training class was already full. So I waited a few weeks and took a look at the Progressive website again where jobs were listed and noticed that a new job with a similar title was posted. I talked to my recruiter,Andrew about it and explained to me that this position (Claims Adjuster) was different from the job I originally applied for and was going to be more complex. I told him I was interested and he contacted the recruiter,Char,for that position and told her about me. She gave me a call a day later and she explained the position in full and then we scheduled the 1:1 interviews for that position. I went in the following Monday and did two 1:1 interviews and found out on Thursday that I passed those interviews and that I would be receiving an offer for employment. Needless to say I was very excited! I spoke to my recruiter,Char,the following Wednesday when she returned from vacation and she informed me that I would receive my offer for employment by the end of the week or the beginning of the following week. I got it in my e-mail a few days later and printed it out. I also received an employment interview Survey through my e-mail that I took as well. Both of my recruiters were awesome and worked hard to get me where I am now! I am starting my new position as a trainee on the 13th of September and couldn't be happier! :-)

Interview Questions

• Can you think of a time when you and your manager disagreed on something,what was it and what did you do to resolve it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Be prepared! Research this company or any company you plan to apply for employment with so that you know what you are getting into when you go in! Always have a Resume on hand when interviewing (multiple copies is even better). Always be confident and appear happy even if you are not. Employers want positive forward-thinking people. Do not BS any one because in the end all that will get you is either no offer of employment or fired. I have the experience to work in this position and I would encourage anyone to ensure they have the proper experience to do their job as well.

Claims Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance.

Interview

Very standard interview process. Phone screen, Face-to-face. Background check. No drug screen which I thought was odd. Especially considering what field this is in. They never asked the " where do you see yourself in five years" question. You will be in that same position for a while. When they called to extend the offer, they made it clear that I would have to wait 3 years before I would be considered for an outdoor claims position. Keep in mind I have close to six years experience in claims/field. I appreciated the offer, but knew it was time to move on.