Progressive Insurance Interview Questions in Cleveland, OH | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 7, 2017

3.4

Call Center Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Willowick, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance (Willowick, OH).

Interview

The interview process was very long and thorough. I applied online February 20th . Received a email to do an online assessment test a few days later. Two days after I took the test I found out I passed and was to set up a phone interview. I scheduled the phone interview a week later so I could study for it. The phone interview lasted a hour. It was a very calm and enjoyable interview. The recruiter was very nice and casual and we spent a lot of time laughing and joking around. She asked me a few basic questions about my employment and education then went on to ask three STAR format questions. Give Very detailed answers and you will be fine. On the phone call I was told I did well and was moving on to do a background check. The next day I completed the background check and had a call to set up a in person interview a week later. The in person interview went just as well. I was greeted and was taken on a tour of the building then headed up to do the interview. The recruiter was a very nice lady , casual and laid back, laughed a lot. SHOW YOUR PERSONALITY!!! Make sure you give detailed answers and ask questions. I found out a week later I did well on the interview and they would be contacting me two weeks after the background check was complete. Two weeks later to the day I got a call from a recruiter offering me the job. Overall the interview process was very easy.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to adapt and work with someone different from yourself   Answer Question

Inbound Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mayfield, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance (Mayfield, OH) in April 2017.

Interview

03/08/17-Applied.
    03/08/17-Completed Pre-Employment Assessment
    03/10/17-Request to schedule Phone Interview
    03/15/17-Phone Interview completed
    03/15/17-Background check requested
    03/22/17-In person Interview
    03/23/17-Received an email stating interview went well and would hear more within next two weeks.
    03/29/17-Background check completed.
    04/06/17-Received phone call from Recruiter with an offer. Gladly accepted!

The interview process was a smooth transition. Do your homework on the company (they will ask what do you know about progressive and will ask why do you want to work for them) I also studied the STAR method. I cannot stress this enough STUDY STUDY STUDY the star method. They use this method for their phone and in person interviews! The recruiter I spoke with on the phone was very nice, the supervisor I sat with was very informative and pleasant--the interview didn't feel like an interview at all (in a good way). Felt like I was having a conversation with a friend. Just be yourself, sell yourself and show why you would be a great fit for the company. Good luck everyone!

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance (Cleveland, OH).

Interview

-Look over resume (Online or In-person)
    -Online skills assessment/ personality assessment
    -Phone Interview
    -Several In-Person Interviews at main campus

For the skills assessment: Everything analytical is very easy and should be doable for people of all skill sets. The personality assessment (that portion of the test) is the more important part. Be consistent, and don't be surprised if they don't want you if you answered a few questions with undesirable answers. Remember- they're looking for an employee, not a friend.

Phone interview: Hardest part about the whole process. Remember: Be VERY specific. They literally want to hear about a SPECIFIC time in your life. Their interviewing process is modeled after the belief that past behavior predicts future behavior. If you made a mistake- say what you did to fix it and how you learned from the experience. Interviews are your time to brag about yourself and say nice things. Be honest but don't self-incriminate.

In person: Every single person I interviewed with was so kind and easy to talk to. My interviews were casual and relaxed. Stay professional, show you're passionate about the position, and show off your personality.

Interview Questions

• -Name a time you had to deal with a difficult group member and what did you do?   Answer Question
    • -Name a time you had a personal decision to make but you decided to involve other people in on making the decision.   Answer Question
    • -Name a time you realized you were doing something wrong, and what did you do to fix it?   Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mayfield Heights, Cuyahoga, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance (Mayfield Heights, Cuyahoga, OH) in March 2017.

Interview

1 telephone interview then on they flew me for an on site interview at Headquarters in Ohio. Questions were all from the STAR method and it was a very relaxed sort of environment.

Interview Questions

• All questions are from the STAR method   1 Answer

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mayfield, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance (Mayfield, OH) in February 2017.

Interview

It was easy smooth from phone interview to personal interview, it took around 1.5 hours for each interview, just be prepared for a lot of questions about your owns business life

Claims Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mayfield Heights, Cuyahoga, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance (Mayfield Heights, Cuyahoga, OH) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied 1/23
    Received email for assessment 1/23
    Phone interview 1/27
    Onsite interview 1/30
    Received email stating the interview went well and they were waiting on my background check I would hear from them within two weeks.
    Today is the two wk date mark. I thought things went very well but not hearing from them makes me wonder otherwise. Interview process long but understandable when applying for a huge corporation like Progressive. Phone Interview was based on the STAR format, Onsite interview was very informative and they asked almost the exact same questions as they list on their site. Gentleman was very professional and very nice, asked me if I thought I could handle the job, most definitely. I thought I for sure had it walking out. No communication since. Will update if I hear anything

Interview Questions

• Talk about an experience where you had to go above and beyond your normal job duties?   Answer Question

Various Human Resources Positions Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mayfield Heights, Cuyahoga, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance (Mayfield Heights, Cuyahoga, OH) in February 2017.

Interview

In order for your resume to get past the screening filters you have to match every possible key word. The HR takes their time and waits till they have enough resumes to meet their KPI's before they start looking at resumes. They are very slow in their process and if you don't answer the questions in the format they expect or play their games you won't get very far. When you call for feedback most likely you will have to play phone tag for a while until you can speak to someone who can give you feedback. Seems like the HR staff have been there for years and have been doing things the same way the entire time as the style and process is slow. I never felt valued during the process and just felt like another number. However I'm comparing this to my interview with Google which is much more efficient and positive.

Interview Questions

• What objectives were you expected to meet this year what steps did you take to make sure you made progress on all of them   Answer Question
    • When others are unexpectedly absent it can disrupt progress of work tell me about a time this happened to you   Answer Question

CL CUSTOMER CARE ASSOCIATE Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance (Cleveland, OH) in February 2017.

Interview

First I did the application then a phone interview and then a face to face. Was a very smooth and simple interview. They also give you a tour of the center and give your a brief overview of the position and the company.

Inbound Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mayfield, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance (Mayfield, OH) in January 2017.

Interview

It's a process. The interviewers were welcoming and that made it easier to relax and be great. They take you on a tour and explain how their training classes run.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you worked with someone different than you   1 Answer
    • Why did you leave your last job   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mayfield, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance (Mayfield, OH) in January 2017.

Interview

Jan 17 Applied
    Jan 18 took assessment I had no issues with the assessment just answer truthfully.
    Jan 18 Got results that I passed
    Jan 19 Got email to schedule phone interview
    Jan 24 phone interview phone interview was not difficult asked STAR format questions. I was told that I passed at the end of the call which lasted around 1hour. I didn't even realize an hour had passed.
    Jan 24 request for background check
    Jan 24 In person interview setup
    Jan 31 Went to in person interview, I was took on a tour of the facility and explained the whole process. I interviewed with 2 managers at the same time. Asked star format questions. It was a really comfortable environment just be honest and be youurself. Pratice STAR format questions and make sure you have questions to ask them at the end.
    Feb 1 Got an email that my face to face interview went well and that I would hear from them in the next 2 weeks.
    Feb 2 Got email from hireRight to Star background check.
    Its Feb 12 and I'm still waiting to hear back fingers crossed. Hireright is a little difficult they requested I send them a 1099 for my self employment which was difficult because I didn't receive a 1099. They wouldn't accept the documents I sent them. For another job I worked at the same company but 2 different locations but they are owned by different individuals. Hireright only got dates for 1 they emailed me to say the dates differ from what they received and what I put down. I told them about this and was just told ok don't worry. Then I got an email that they couldn't contact 2 companies and they needed me to provide their information but they also sent an email saying they were in contact right before they said they couldn't contact them. They asked for W-2's which I didn't have as these jobs are 7-9 years old. They asked if I had contact information for a supervisor again it been 7-9 years. I Google the companies and supplied them with these numbers. I then got an email saying my dates for my self employment differ. I explained to them again that I worked under 2 different IBO's and my first IBO changed all her contact information and I didn't have it and I was a dependent due to school so my dad files me on his taxes. I then was told to disregard the notices and my employment history was already completed. I was told I was 85% finished they were waiting on my criminal history to come bavk. I really hope hireRight doesn't cost me this job. I learned a valuable lesson keep everything. I checked no but I am still waiting to hear back from them fingers crossed I will update when I hear bavk.

Interview Questions

• Explain a situation where you had a dissatisfied customer and how did you handle it?   Answer Question