Progressive Insurance Interview Questions in Colorado Springs, CO | Glassdoor

Updated May 15, 2017

3.3

43 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance (Colorado Springs, CO) in February 2017.

Interview

The process of applying and accepting the position took four months. Part of it was to blame on the holidays and the fact that so many people applied for the position (apparently they receive 200 applicants on average and this time they received 2,000). I applied at the end of November, had my in-person interview on February 3rd, and received my offer February 24th. Overall, it was a good experience. The recruiters and interviewers were very friendly and helpful. I just wanted let others know though that they are very thorough and not to bank on this being a quick process (It's May and I don't start until the end of this month.) They really do want to make sure you're a right fit :)

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had a negative experience and how you made it positive.   Answer Question

Customer Relationship Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance (Colorado Springs, CO) in November 2016.

Interview

It is a very long and involved interview process. It started with the online application. I got notified about a week later that I had been selected to continue. Then came a (tough) phone interview. A couple weeks later, I had an on site face to face interview with two different managers and I got to shadow one of the employees for about an hour. Then came the background check. That is my only complaint about the process. The background check is VERY detailed and rather grueling. Also, it took a long time despite the fact that I uploaded proof of just about everything I had said (diploma, transcripts, proof of salary from various jobs, etc). Another couple of weeks went by before I finally emailed to ask about my results. I got the job!! It wasn't going to start for another 2 months, though.

Totally worth the wait and every minute of effort.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you worked with someone you didn't get along with.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had to make a decision at work and it turned out to be the wrong decision.   Answer Question

Call Center Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance (Colorado Springs, CO) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied online with progressive and received a call back from a staffing agency who sent me a link to take a behavior and cs test...I passed, i then was told they would contact me at a later time...it was two weeks later and i got a call to interview a week out....My interview went very well and I was asked to move forward...I waited and finally got a call two weeks later to come in for my second interview...I really prepared for the interview and did a lot of research on the company it really helps...so my interview is tomorrow...Wish me luck!

Interview Questions

• Why Progressive?   Answer Question
    • Tell me a time when you had a disagreement with a supervisor, and how did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • What can you tell me about Progressive (research)   Answer Question
    • You have to research the company and be prepared to answer the questions...   Answer Question

Call Center Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance (Colorado Springs, CO) in July 2016.

Interview

Time consuming and overly demanding hiring process which started off with an online assessment test, which then led to a phone interview, then a face-to-face interview which was approx 3 hours; starting with a tour of the facility, then listening in on calls taken by a representative for about 30 mins - all before I was even taken in for the interview, which was split into two separate interviews.

The questions were all straight forward and relatively simple; STAR format responses were given, and as long as you can relate to the questions being asked and format your answers in a cognitive manner - you should be just fine. Simple college level speech and communication skills should be all anyone needs in order to have a successful interview here or anywhere else for that matter.

Overall, the entire "process" was a month long and ended with a simple email, not even the courtesy of a phone call. It also included a very aggressive background check, which is given before an intent to hire is even determined. The background check is way more than just a little excessive and unnecessarily privacy invading (consumer reports, 10 years residential history with exact dates, 5 years employment with exact start and stop dates etc) - all for a non-security clearance position such as a call center representative position.

The company that performed the background check kept asking me to supply them with the information they are contracted and responsible to obtain through the check, thus prolonging the excruciatingly long process even more. I had to dig out W2's and pay stubs, which they failed to even acknowledge, all because they were unable to call human resources departments, even after I supplied them with direct phone numbers, in order to obtain simple employment verification.

I very humbly questioned why the process was being delayed, especially after all the time and effort I was putting in, and that very next day I received an email saying they found a candidate with more "relevant qualifications" when the entire time I was receiving consistent messages saying how "impressed" they continued to be in me.

So be careful to question anything, I ultimately feel that was the determining factor of my no offer result. It's a lot of time and effort to go through to be systematically rejected and/or discriminated against over something that is obviously not skills, experience or ability related and then to not even be given an explanation that makes sense or the courtesy of a phone call for a month of someone's time and effort. I'm more disappointed in how this process was handled from start to finish than I am about not getting an offer.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you received constructive feedback and how did you implement it.   Answer Question

Inbound Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance (Colorado Springs, CO) in May 2016.

Interview

Online application: May 1st
    Took online assessment: May 2nd
    Phone Interview: May 6th
    Background check initiated: May 6th
    Face to face interview/ employee shadowing: May 13th
    Background check completed: May 19th
    Offer call and email: May 19th

I found out via email that I had passed the assessment the same day that I took it. They sent an email to schedule the phone interview and it's all done online so you see which slots are open and pick which is best for you. The phone interviewer called right on time and we spoke for about 40 minutes. She was from a different time zone. She confirmed who I was, had a few questions about my resume (time gaps, etc) and then set into asking questions.

The phone interviewer scheduled the face to face interview while we were on the phone and explained the process which was accurate to the experience I had when I arrived for the interview. First I shadowed a top sales employee on the sales call center floor. I had a headset with a deactivated mic so it was nice to hear the types of falls that come in and how the computer system works as well. The I went and interiewed with a manager, took about 40 mins and then another manager, took maybe 50 minutes. They let me know when they would meet to go over my file and said at that point it was just waiting on my background check to come in. Luckily for me, my background check came back the same day they decided to offer me the position!

Interview Questions

• *Describe a time you had to deal with a difficult person (customer or co-worker). What did you do? What happened? What could you have done differently?
      *Describe a change you have experienced in the workplace. How did you respond? What did you do? What was the result?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance (Colorado Springs, CO) in March 2016.

Interview

They have a very lengthy interview process. I applied online, did the assessment, did the phone interview, and then did a face to face interview with two different managers. I got a call about a week later that i had gotten the job. The whole process took about a month.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you overcame a challenge and how.   Answer Question

Commercial Lines Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance (Colorado Springs, CO) in February 2016.

Interview

My experience was great. The interview process starts with a recuriter calling and asking a series of questions. The recuirter made me feel like she was just a friend calling with a few questions. After I was finished she told me that I had passed the first interview. I did not even know that her questions were the interview!
    I did meet with 3 different management level employees at the location. They all asked situational based questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to handle a disgruntled customer. What was the reason the customer was upset? How did you resolve the issue? What was the overall outcome?   Answer Question

Call Center Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance (Colorado Springs, CO) in January 2016.

Interview

I applied January 5th then got a email January 6th saying to do a test. Passed the test then got a email same day to make appointment for phone interview. I answered most of the questions really bad and I was really nervous so it went bad. Although the lady that interviewed me was really nice she gave me some tough questions. You should do your research before the interview.

Interview Questions

• Which is your least favorite job from previous experience?   Answer Question

Information Technology Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance (Colorado Springs, CO) in January 2016.

Interview

The interview process with Progressive was painful to put it lightly.

HireRight
    They use a background investigation company called HireRight that attempts to do a background check on your employment history, criminal record, etc. I use the word attempt, because I essentially had to prove employment with all but one of my previous employers to the HireRight representative.

Your Time
    They don't respect your time, I started the process in mid December, completed an online test, a technical interview that I supposedly aced, and a few other QA sessions with their talent advisor team. They then scheduled me for an interview a MONTH later. The interview process involved three individuals from various IT teams, and they basically asked very vague technology questions that any engineer should be able to speak to. However, when I asked them about what particular technologies would be involved in a day to day example project, they might mention VMWare 6. Migration? Build? No idea, just a technology. That's fine, of course no one can know the specifics all of the time, but part of my feedback specifically stated that they felt my technical knowledge was "Broad and not tailored to the specific tasks of the position."

Disconnect
    The feedback I got was essentially as generic as you could get. I walked out of the interviews feeling that I had done well, their body language and demeanor all suggested a positive interaction, so I gained a false sense of security from it. I interviewed on a Wednesday and they told me to expect feedback on Monday of the following week. I waited as instructed, and called once per day Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday to the talent advisor group with no phone calls answered. On Wednesday evening, I receive an e-mail from one of them stating that we should have a live session the following day. I asked very bluntly are we moving forward or not, no e-mail response. The following day, the meeting was delayed an additional 2 hours and then they finally called and told me the feedback details I've outlaid here. Talk about a waste of time, 6 weeks later and nothing but frustration to show for this process.

Interview Questions

• They ask targeted questions such as "In your career, when have you helped another technician achieve personal growth?"   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance (Colorado Springs, CO).

Interview

Applied online, did an online test then I received a email a few days later to schedule my phone interview. Ended up not getting the job due to my qualifications and lack of experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. Name a time when you went above and beyond.   Answer Question