Progressive Insurance Customer Service Claims Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 12, 2017

3.4

17 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance (Austin, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

The interview process begins with a standard online application/resume submission. After that you receive a basic problem solving quiz and personality test via email. It was about 5 days after application submission that I received the tests. Pretty simple stuff. Basically can you read a graph and do some simple addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division. The personality test is the standard 1 to 5 strongly agree, strongly disagree with whatever circumstance (i.e. "You have a hard time working on a project in a group." 1 strongly disagree, 5 strongly agree). Within a week of completing the tests I received an email saying that they were moving forward with the interview process and I could schedule a time for a phone interview. They also recommended I research the STAR interview technique, which I did. The phone interviewer was SUPER nice and allowed the interview to be very casual which was amazing. She asked all the typical STAR questions for customer service. "Describe a time you had to deal with a difficult customer and how you handled it"
Towards the end of the phone interview she told me that she was gonna recommend me for an on-sight face to face interview. She just said that a background check had to be completed before that and then I could schedule a time for the face to face interview. The background check application is more detailed than the application for the job and the hearing back from them takes around a week. I recommend you do this the day of your phone interview as soon as you get the email. It was the biggest pain in the whole process. Week after phone interview received an email saying I had passed the background check and could schedule an on sight interview. I scheduled the first available time after conferring with my phone interviewer, who confirmed first interview of the day is better than last. She again recommended reviewing the STAR interview method and that I should have answered prepared for the common questions that I could adapt to the specific questions. Face to face interview went very smoothly. I was dressed in suit and tie and I think the most well dressed person in the office building beside me was wearing slacks and a tucked in shirt. Super casual atmosphere, but I didn't feel overdressed, I felt dressed for the interview. Same basic STAR questions. Then discussion about how I see my future with the company. IT IS VERY IMPORTANT TO RESEARCH THE COMPANY AND THE POSITION YOU ARE APPLYING FOR. I looked at the history of the company, the executives of the company, the financial reports for the last three years. Only a small portion of this was discussed in the interview but it showed my interview that I was already going above and beyond. He was very impressed and even told me most applicants don't do that research. I described a possible 5 year plan moving into management positions within the first year and a half, and he encouraged me completely! I walked out very confident and received an offer via phone call within a week. The offer was for the amount I had asked for in the phone interview so I was obliged to accept. One downside, due to when the training session begins for my position I wont start for about a month after I was hired, and almost 2 months from when I started the interview process.

Interview Questions

• 1. Describe a time you had to deal with a difficult customer.
    2. Describe a time when a new process was implemented at work and how you dealt with it.
    3. Describe a time when you had conflict with coworker and how you handled it.   1 Answer

Negotiation

They asked me how much I would like to make. I gave a number, and they accepted.

Other Interview Reviews for Progressive Insurance

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance (Austin, TX) in July 2016.

Interview

Went to their job fair, sent in online application, was then given an online assessment. I was accepted for the next step which was a phone interview. I was allowed to select my time for the phone call which was very convenient and was able to do it outside my other work hours. The phone call was approximately 30 minutes. Did not like being forced into boxed in questions and not being able to elaborate on some situations. Was allowed to ask questions at the end. Their process was fairly simple, but all emails and no direct feedback on why you were not accepted, but in fairness they did say that online you might not receive feedback. I think it would be helpful, since they allow you to use your online assessment for applying for other positions, might help to know why you didn't fit criteria.

Interview Questions

• Use targeted behavioral questions, such as describe a situation with a customer where you had to resolve a complaint.   1 Answer
    • Describe a situation where you had a deadline to meet and your employer came and gave you another project, how did you handle the situation?   1 Answer
    • Describe a situation with a fellow employee where you had a difficulty and how did you resolve it?   1 Answer

Claims Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance.

Interview

Completed the application online. Took the assesment. Did a phone interview with a recruitor who asked STAR questions. Got an email to do background check that was very thourough. Interviewed on site with 2 hr reps for an hour of STAR questions. Got a call the next week saying that i didn't get the position.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you disagreed with your manager and what did you do to change his mind?   Answer Question
    • tell me about a tine where you md the day.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time where you went above and beyond your job responsibilities.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a tine when you had a problem with a co- worker and what was the outcome.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Riverview, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance (Riverview, FL) in July 2015.

Interview

behavioral questions such as describe a time when you had to deal with change ? how would you handle a difficult situation or have you ever made a difficult decision ? what are your strengths ? what are your weaknesses ? how do you take feedback ? are you dependable?

Interview Questions

• how would you handle a difficult situation ?
       how do you take feedback ?
      are you dependable?
      describe a time when you had to deal with change ?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Riverview, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance (Riverview, FL) in June 2015.

Interview

After the application you will need to take the assessment If you pass the assessment you will be contacted by email to inform you and then be scheduled for a phone interview. If that goes well you will then be scheduled for a face to face interview (I was scheduled for one right after the phone interview) to take place in the office. This interview will take approximately 2 hours. I was told when they were to discuss the candidates, and when I should expect to here from the original recruiter (phone interviewer) with the outcome. I was told by the following week but it was actually 2 days later when I was contacted.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when your manager did not agree with a decision you made.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance (Tampa, FL) in May 2015.

Interview

Situational Q&A, You know the.... Tell me about a time when you.... type of questions. Don't forget to use their STAR format for answering the questions. The FAQ section on the careers page will help prepare you for that.

Claims Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance.

Interview

Applied online, received an email back about two weeks later, online assessment, followed by a phone interview which the recruiter asked about background and a number of STAR questions, offered an on-site interview which will take place in the upcoming week. Interview was like a conversation so don't be nervous, instead be confident in your ability.

Interview Questions

• tell us about a stressful situation. How did you handle it & what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Mayfield Heights, Cuyahoga, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance (Mayfield Heights, Cuyahoga, OH) in January 2015.

Interview

You start by applying online then if selected they will contact you and send you an online assessment to take. Next step will be setting up a phone interview. The phone interview person was so helpful, I had originally applied for a claims adjuster position; however, at the end I asked her if there was any concerns she had with the interview or any advice she could give me. She said I did wonderfully in the interview process but she was nervous to put me in the position without having any call center experience. She then told me there was a claims customer service rep position that would be perfect for me, a job I had also applied for. She was able to allocate me to the necessary area for the position and then set me up for an in person interview. you are interviewed in person by two managers who play good cop/bad cop but are both fairly nice. After that they contacted me with an offer about a week later!

Interview Questions

• The basics, but one that struck me was "tell me a time you came across a difficult co-worker and how you dealt with it".   1 Answer

Claims Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance.

Interview

The hiring process for any position at progressive is very intense. You go thru multiple interviews. You will have a test online that you will have to take and if you pass that then you move on to the phone interview, pass that, you go on to the face to face interview.

Interview Questions

• All of the questions, But the first time you do a phone interview the rep will prep you.   Answer Question

Progressive Insurance Response

Jan 28, 2015 – Talent Acquisition

We appreciate your feedback and understand that our hiring process can be very intense. We do want people to feel prepared and offer tips on our website... More

Claims Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance in November 2014.

Interview

Applied through online posting. Received email with prompts to complete online screening. It was a generic questionnaire. In a week I received a follow up email to set up a phone interview. The phone interview was casual. The recruiter asked about work related and educational background. The phone interview also consist of (name a time) type questions. At the close of the phone interview the recruiter passed me through to the next round. The next round was a live interview. In the live interview, I interviewed with one manager. She asked fairly similar behavioral questions. After interviewing with the first manager a second manager interviewed me. She asked different questions but the format was similar.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had a difficult customer and how did you handle it.   Answer Question