Progressive Insurance Customer Service Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Progressive Insurance Customer Service Representative Interview Questions

Updated Apr 16, 2017

3.4

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance.

Interview

Contract to Perm. position with InnoSource for Progressive.
The hiring process includes 2 phone screening and a phone interview. Also an online assessment. Once you pass, then your cleared for an in person interview at InnoSource. They really scrutinize your employment background to make sure your a good fit for the position. The rest of the interview are STAR questions. Then you get to interview with a manager at Progressive. More STAR questions. Lengthy process but Great experience. Everyone I came in contact with was professional and I was offered the position.
THEN there's HireRight!! I'm still waiting on my background check to be completed and can't move on with the orientation process until it is. So eager to get this finalized!!!

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Progressive Insurance

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance (Tampa, FL) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied online and the next day I received a call from a lady who works for a recruiter that handles a large portion of Progressive's hiring. It was essentially a brief preliminary "qualifying" type interview. Was sent an assessment that consisted of your typical "strongly agree - strongly disagree" type personality test and some basic math. A face-to-face was set up for the next week in Tampa. A week after that, went to an interview with Progressive and received a call after that with the offer. Waiting for them to set up an orientation.

Both face to face interviews were in the "STAR" format. If unfamiliar I would suggest googling up some tips, they will really help you. The process took about 3 weeks. I've had to meet with multiple people and there wasn't one that wasn't exceptionally nice and friendly.

What STAR stands for:

(S) Situation. Think about and describe a situation that fits the topic of what the interviewer describes.
    (T) Task - Describe what you were working on when your Situation arose.
    (A) Action - what action did you take to deal with the situation
    (R) Result - what was the outcome?

Interview Questions

• Something along the lines of "Think about a time that you had too much work to do and not enough time left in your shift to do it"   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riverview, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance (Riverview, FL) in March 2017.

Interview

I passed the online assessment and then went onto the phone interview but then received an email tonight saying I won't be moving forward which I cried about because I really wanted this job

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance in March 2017.

Interview

Long process, over a month. Applied online, took test, had phone interview, background check, interview with supervisor.. now awaiting offer. If you apply make sure you research how to interview using the STAR method

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when a customer was happy with your service   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Riverview, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance (Riverview, FL) in March 2017.

Interview

Applied online, was contacted to complete the assessment, moved forward to phone interview, nailed the phone interview and went to f2f and background checks. Waited about two weeks to hear back with the offer because the spot I interviewed for filled but they still wanted to offer me a position. They hired me for an Online Consultant position.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to compromise with a coworker or customer   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mayfield, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance (Mayfield, OH) in January 2017.

Interview

Jan 17 Applied
    Jan 18 took assessment I had no issues with the assessment just answer truthfully.
    Jan 18 Got results that I passed
    Jan 19 Got email to schedule phone interview
    Jan 24 phone interview phone interview was not difficult asked STAR format questions. I was told that I passed at the end of the call which lasted around 1hour. I didn't even realize an hour had passed.
    Jan 24 request for background check
    Jan 24 In person interview setup
    Jan 31 Went to in person interview, I was took on a tour of the facility and explained the whole process. I interviewed with 2 managers at the same time. Asked star format questions. It was a really comfortable environment just be honest and be youurself. Pratice STAR format questions and make sure you have questions to ask them at the end.
    Feb 1 Got an email that my face to face interview went well and that I would hear from them in the next 2 weeks.
    Feb 2 Got email from hireRight to Star background check.
    Its Feb 12 and I'm still waiting to hear back fingers crossed. Hireright is a little difficult they requested I send them a 1099 for my self employment which was difficult because I didn't receive a 1099. They wouldn't accept the documents I sent them. For another job I worked at the same company but 2 different locations but they are owned by different individuals. Hireright only got dates for 1 they emailed me to say the dates differ from what they received and what I put down. I told them about this and was just told ok don't worry. Then I got an email that they couldn't contact 2 companies and they needed me to provide their information but they also sent an email saying they were in contact right before they said they couldn't contact them. They asked for W-2's which I didn't have as these jobs are 7-9 years old. They asked if I had contact information for a supervisor again it been 7-9 years. I Google the companies and supplied them with these numbers. I then got an email saying my dates for my self employment differ. I explained to them again that I worked under 2 different IBO's and my first IBO changed all her contact information and I didn't have it and I was a dependent due to school so my dad files me on his taxes. I then was told to disregard the notices and my employment history was already completed. I was told I was 85% finished they were waiting on my criminal history to come bavk. I really hope hireRight doesn't cost me this job. I learned a valuable lesson keep everything. I checked no but I am still waiting to hear back from them fingers crossed I will update when I hear bavk.

Interview Questions

• Explain a situation where you had a dissatisfied customer and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance in April 2016.

Interview

Applied online
    Completed assessment
    Received email to set up phone interview
    Completed phone interview 1hr
    Asked to complete background check
    Completed face to face interview 2-3hrs total. 1hr with a manager 30min shadowing employee 1hr with another manager.

Advice - Do your homework about the company how they are growing. Think really hard about why you want to be there. If customer service isn't your passion don't apply they want people who want to be there. They said they give a lot of feedback so if you can't handle constructive criticism and aren't adult enough to set your own goals this probably isn't the Job for you. Both managers seems to really care about their employees which I think is hard to find. They ask a lot of behavioral questions so be prepared to answer in star format with specific examples. I think what also helped was being personable. Don't be a robot they want to see that you can connect with them on a personal level as well as with their customers. They are looking for people who can build customer relationships.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you went above and beyond for a customer?   Answer Question
    • Name a time you had to persuade a customer to see things your way?   Answer Question
    • What is your goal within the company? Where do you see yourself after training?   Answer Question
    • Name a time when you had a difficult task and how you dealt with it?   Answer Question
    • Name a time when you didn't see eye to eye with a manager and what was the outcome?   Answer Question
    • Name a time you had to offer a customer a product or service that would fit their needs? How did you know to offer that product? Outcome?   Answer Question
    • Why progressive?   Answer Question

Negotiation

They offered me the job but and waiting on some information with the background check. No talk of pay till everything comes back will update: :)

Anonymous Employee in Mayfield, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance (Mayfield, OH) in September 2016.

Interview

August 31st- Applied Online
    September 1st- Received e-mail that my application had been pulled, and a request to take my online assessment. It took 40 minutes, some simple math questions and a lot of personality questions (stay consistent with your answers, there are many of the same questions with different wording. Take your time on the assessment, you have two hours.)
    September 2nd- Recieved e-mail that my assessment results passed to move onto the next step and to keep an eye out for an e-mail for a phone interview request.
    September 8th- Recieved e-mail for phone interview request- you schedule according to the available times.
    September 14th- Phone interview at 8:00 AM- lasted about 40 minutes. Went over job history and my roles there, then asked 3 or 4 basic star questions. I was told on the phone that I would advance to the in-person interview and to expect a call for when to schedule the interview.
    September 14th- Recieved my phone call to set up the in-person interview 15 minutes after my phone interview (Chose September 16th.) And received e-mail to set up background check through outside website, HireRight.
    September 16th- My in-person interview was a one-on-one, it lasted just about an hour. We took a tour of the campus and went back to the interview area where we again talked about my work history and responsibilities per job, and then i answered about 8 star questions. My interviewer was very nice and answerd any questions, he stayed stoic during the interview and took many notes.
    September 16th- (About an hour after my interview) Recieved an email that my interview went well and to expect a call within the next two weeks.
    October 4th- Recieved a phone call with a job offer. Although I had applied for a customer service rep, they were placing for that job as well as a sales rep or a claims rep and decided from my interview I would work in sales. My start date isn't until December 26th.

Overall, very intense and long interview process. Learn about the company, practice your STAR questions and use any of the resources the progressive website offers you. Make sure you have questions to ask your interviewers so you can stand out and have a conversation with your recruiter.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about the most complex part of your job. Why is it complex and how do you deal with it?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about the most challenging change you've faced at work.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had to work with/help someone who was different from you.   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to leave your current job?   Answer Question
    • Why progressive?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance (Tampa, FL) in September 2016.

Interview

The phone interview was brief and well received. The questions were direct and followed the STAR format. There were no surprises. Fairly easy to prepare for if you do some research on questions and think about scenarios.

Interview Questions

• Give a situation where you went above and beyond to help out a client.   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance in September 2016.

Interview

I have not gotten hired yet, but so far the process has been a great experience. My recruiter was very friendly, funny, and very informative. They asked questions using the STAR method. Just answer honestly and be yourself.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to adjust to change?   Answer Question