Progressive Insurance Customer Service Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Progressive Insurance Customer Service Representative Interview Questions

Updated Dec 11, 2017

3.4

142 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance.

Interview

Good process. First you get a phone interview then you take a test then you proceed to a in person interview. Then you tour the place and learn more.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Progressive Insurance

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance (Colorado Springs, CO) in November 2017.

Interview

I was referred by a friend and about 4 days after I submitted my resume I was sent the assessment test. It was a very simple test involving basic math and problem solving. I found out the following day I had passed and set up to do an over the phone interview the following week. It was your basic STAR questions where you have to follow the format. Just look up a few video clips of the style of question and some tips about progressive and the interview is fairly simple. The woman I spoke with was fairly robotic which was a little distracting but the questions were simple. She said I did great and to wait a while to find out if I would progress further. I got an email about 4 days later prompting me to set up an in person interview. I was given a tour of the facility and then the interview was basically like the phone interview only easier because the person was friendly. She also said I did great, sat down and mapped out what my position would be, how to progress further in the company when I told her what I would eventually like to branch into and told me to look for another email letting me know if I got the job. I asked her if there was anything concerning in the interview or with my resume that I could give further detail to. She told me my 10 years of customer service experience was great and there were no red flags. The next day I got an email saying I was no longer being considered. No reasoning or explanation given. The entire process was almost a month. Pretty frustrating to be given no reason or explanation, the person who referred me also said it made no sense so I really don’t know what happened. Better luck to everyone else.

Interview Questions

• In your current job can you give an example of a time you had to deal with an angry customer and the steps you took to resolve the situation.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance (Tampa, FL) in October 2017.

Interview

did my online assessment and then phone interview then was called in for a in person interview which i am currently waiting on hopefully i get good news but overall experience wasnt hard at all

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mayfield Heights, Cuyahoga, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance (Mayfield Heights, Cuyahoga, OH) in October 2017.

Interview

The interview was over the phone, should have lasted 20-60 minutes depending on job experience. The woman kept me on the phone over an hour an a half, I answered every one of her STAR questions the way she had asked and still was unable to comprehend what I had said.

Interview Questions

• What was a time you were overwhelmed and how did you cope with it?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance (Austin, TX) in October 2017.

Interview

10/11- Online application
    10/12- Online assessment, pretty typical and had some math questions.
    10/13- Received an email letting me know my assessment results were good enough for the next step.
    10/18- Received an email to schedule a 1hr phone interview
    10/23-phone interview, lasted about 45 minutes, the recruiter let me know that she wanted to go forward with me during that phone call. She scheduled a follow up call to talk about the in person interview and to set a date.

10/26- in person interview. We toured the office building and sat down for the interview. It was very simple and they wanted to know about customer relations and how I typically deal with customers.

11/6- Offer received.

Overall the interview process was pretty lengthy for my very low title of a CSR. However I understand that they would want to weed out individuals who won’t last through the process.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to deal with an angry customer   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance in September 2017.

Interview

8/31/17 Sent in application
    9/1/17 Was sent link to take online assessment test
    9/5/17 Received an email saying I had passed the assessment test
    9/6/17 Was emailed to set up phone interview
    9/11/17 Had phone interview, was asked to have in person interview after, sent in background check info
    9/13/17 In person interview
    9/14/17 Called and let me know they are going to offer a position but they are waiting on the background check to come back to make it official

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance (Tempe, AZ) in August 2017.

Interview

I found out after the fact that Progressive employs Randstad to conduct their phone interviews. After 2 online assessment tests (each one about an hour) you will receive an email for a phone interview. The phone interview was going alright until I asked about the company culture. The phone interviewer gave the false impression that they were a progressive employee. After that question the interview was abruptly ended. I though it was odd until I received a rejection email and surprise, the interviewer had a Randstadsourceright.com email. I would rather work for a company that has their own resources to conduct interviews, so when I have questions about the company it comes from an employee rather than a 3rd party. Had I known I would be speaking to a 3rd party I would have declined the phone interview. I want to work for a company that is invested in its employees (future and current) rather than one that cannot be bothered to handle the hiring process itself.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance (Cleveland, OH) in August 2017.

Interview

Lengthy process Initial application, Online testing then phone interview, I have a huge amount of experience but the interviewer was in a rush. I had detailed answers I hope to eventually get hired as it is a good company.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to deal with a angry customer   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance in July 2017.

Interview

I applied to the position and was scheduled for a phone interview a week later which was then rescheduled for the following week. I was unfortunately no longer considered for the position three days after my first and only phone interview with a recruiter.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance (Austin, TX) in July 2017.

Interview

Progressive has a really lengthy interview process but don't let that discourage you. First thing after you complete your application online a recruiter will contact you to set up a phone interview.. they include links in the conformation email to give you all the tools you need to succeed. If they feel you are a good fit they will send you a link to an online assessment that will be timed. Upon completion of the online assessment you will move on to a in person interview. Be confident and concise. Also to do your research on the company and their core values and you should be set. Unfortunately I did not make it past the last interview phase due to my nerves getting the best of me. Good luck.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had a disagreement with a previous employer, how did you handle it and what was the outcome.   Answer Question