Progressive Insurance Direct Sales Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Progressive Insurance Direct Sales Representative Interview Questions

3.7

9 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance (Cleveland, OH) in September 2016.

Interview

The interview process was not that long about a hour but they do ask alot of questions and they want you to tell them everything about you and your previous jobs and they also do a background check.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Progressive Insurance

Direct Sales Representative Interview

Interview

Phone and computer interview, not very difficult.

Negotiation

About $13/hr to start

Direct Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance in February 2014.

Interview

first, and perhaps the most important tip: know someone who works here and have them refer you! it's almost impossible to get far in the hiring process unless this happens. i tried 4 times before i was able to get a phone interview.

the timeline is as follows:
    *pre-test, timed
    *phone interview w recruiter, lasts an hr
    *on-site interview w supervisors, lasts 3 hrs (1 hr with supervisor, 1 hr shadowing, 1 hr w supervisor)
    *job offer

Interview Questions

• *have you ever been in a position where you were managed on your performance (metrics) and how did you perform?

*tell me about a time in which you had to overcome a challenge at work. how did you succeed?   Answer Question

Negotiation

you get an offer and the break down of the pay, hours, job requirements, and benefits. take it or leave it type deal. what was offered was to my liking so i accepted.

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance (Phoenix, AZ) in January 2014.

Interview

A long two person and a 3 hour interview! Prepare sample scenarios. Review the interview process and have all of the situations covered. Follow the interview format provided to you. I was informed that they interview approximately 100 people for each position offered or hired. I can't stress enough to be prepared. Write down good examples from life experiences. Know the responses and demonstrate times that you used empathy with a customer and resolved conflict. Empathy is the key.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had s conflict at work and how did you handle it or overcome it.   1 Answer

Direct Sales Representative Interview

Interview

Only did the first part of the interview. Seems easy as long as you check out their internal website. Standard questions about how you act in certain situations. They outline the interview process for you so make sure you review! This was the first part of a phone interview and my understanding is you move on to in-person interviews after.

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance (Tampa, FL) in September 2013.

Interview

Online app
    Email test (1hr)
    Phone interview
    2 back to back in person interviews
    That's it. Pretty easy process - dress professionally and keep your cool. They offer no feedback during. The interviews. They have a straight face and go from question to question quickly

Interview Questions

• Think of a time where oh messed up? What did oh do, how did you fix it, and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance (Colorado Springs, CO) in December 2012.

Interview

After submitting a resume online the recruiting team contacted me via email with a fairly lengthy online test to take. It was mostly personality stuff, but there were a few math problems. After completing the test I received an email stating that I was qualified for a phone interview. I completed the phone interview and about 45 min into it was asked to come in for a face to face. The face to face consisted of scripted questions followed by about 30 min sitting with one of their sales reps listening to calls, then another face to face with someone else asking the same questions. I tried to answer about the same for both people and the entire onsite interview took almost 3 hours. After about a week they called me with an offer.

Interview Questions

• There was one math problem that took me a while even though it was multiple choice. You are asked to find variables and solve for % change in sales year over year, but none of the answers are 100% correct.   Answer Question

I was given an offer at another company for more $ and without working Saturdays as Progressive would have required. They also indicated that it is very hard to advance and a supervisor has to die to get promoted in the inbound sales department.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance (Colorado Springs, CO) in February 2012.

Interview

Stressful, but fair. There are several steps for the interview process, but they choose some amazing people, they just don't compensate them enough. There is a computer test, a phone interview, an application online, and a final two person interview.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you handled a difficult situation with a customer and how did you handle it?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance (Austin, TX) in May 2011.

Interview

You have to set up a profile and you have to Submit an online application, and your resume on their progressive website. you will be interviewed by at least 2 individuals including HR, they will determine if you qualify for the available position. If you are bilingual, you will also have to do a phone interview with a represententative to determine the level of proficiency you have with that language.

Interview Questions

• The situational questionnaire is very customer service oriented   Answer Question
    • The licensing test may be a bit difficult, but you will be provided with tools necessary to pass the test   Answer Question