Progressive Insurance Inbound Sales Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Progressive Insurance Inbound Sales Representative Interview Questions

3.6

Inbound Sales Representative Interview

Interview

Applied online. Took assessment next day. Had a phone interview with recruiter. She asked me a series of background questions, like my employment history--job by job plus employment dates, then asked me the STAR questions. Got an email 2 days later. Ultimately there was no job offer, but her feedback was good. Recommended that I reapply in near future. (There is a 6 week training for this position and a licensure test) Process took 3 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to work with someone different from you and how did you handle it   Answer Question
  • Name a time you had to persuade someone to do something.   Answer Question
  • Why are you looking for another job   Answer Question

Progressive Insurance Response

Dec 13, 2016 – Talent Acquisition

Thanks for sharing your experience. -KH, Recruiting

Other Interview Reviews for Progressive Insurance

Inbound Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance.

Interview

Applied and got an email for the online tests which didn't seem too tricky. A week after passing the assessments I had my phone interview which went well, lots of positive feedback from the recruiter. My face to face was three days after the phone interview and it was the same STAR format. I was told they would be making a decision tomorrow, my fingers are crossed that I did well enough!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you didn't get along with a co-worker.   Answer Question

Inbound Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance in September 2016.

Interview

The interview process took some time. First you apply for the job, and if they accept your application you must take an online assessment. The online assessment took me around 40 minutes to complete. After a few days, I learned that my assessment had been accepted. I got an email to set up a phone interview. The first phone interview available was more than a week out.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riverview, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance (Riverview, FL) in June 2016.

Interview

They follow the star format. You will be interviewed by two hiring managers. I'm already familiar with this process as we do this at my current employer. Typically there would be a combination of both positive and negative outcome questions. However, progressive is geared towards the negative and I simply did not have as many negative examples to provide - which hindered me. Afterwards I listened in on a call for roughly an hour - the job itself seemed fairly simple and redundant. The recruiter was very nice but I was told I didn't have enough work experience. I'm 32 years old I have roughly 8 years of sales experience and for the last three years I have been doing account management. Not sure how that makes me under qualified but whatever. I asked if there was a probation period in regard to applying for other positions and I was told no. However, I was also told they will most likely deny my application unless I have another 9-12 months work experience. Again, I have plenty. Sure enough I applied for two completely positions and was denied almost immediately I will also say that for such a large company their current employees looked very sloppy. In conclusion I count my blessings I did not get this job. I hope others that apply have a more positive experience than I did. Not impressed.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when had to complete a task in a short period of time. How were able to do this and if so did you cut corners?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance (Tampa, FL) in June 2016.

Interview

Standard corporate hiring process. Applied via Indeed. Received an email a few days later asking me to complete a prequalification exam, which consisted of standard behavioral questions. Then I received an email about 24 hours after that requesting to schedule a phone interview. The projected start date was 4 weeks later than what I had initially been told when I was contacted about interviewing for the position, and the hours were slightly different. The process took about an hour, very non-standard questions for sales positions were asked; a STAR format was used but the questions were geared towards conformity and less towards performance which would be expected in a sales environment. The phone call was obviously placed through a softphone, there was a lot of reverb and the headset was cheap with no noise cancellation--I could hear a crying child in the background for the first 10 minutes of the interview. I was told that I would be contacted within 72 hours regarding the next steps.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to change your approach or method of thinking?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you had to educate yourself about a new product or service?   Answer Question

Inbound Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance in February 2016.

Interview

Like everyone has stated, I applied online and took the assessment. I believe only a day or two later I received an email moving me further to schedule a phone interview. I went to the Progressive site and reviewed the STAR examples and even wrote down a few of my own questions and answers to have ready. The woman on the phone said it would be like having a conversation but it was not. Very uncomfortable and unfriendly. None of the questions related to working with others or with customer service? Mostly about my current job which is was very hard to relate to call center experience so perhaps it was my fault for applying, I thought it would be more focused on working with customers which I am excellent at but it was not.

Interview Questions

• What step by step process at your current job do you disagree with?
      Why do you want to work in a call center?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance (Colorado Springs, CO) in July 2013.

Interview

First there is a test, which is really simple. It has some graph type questions and a lot of customer service scenarios. Second, you have a phone interview with questions like:

"Name a type of technology that you had to recently learn and how did you learn it, how did this help your job"

They are scenario questions like this and they want a specific format which they will give you a link on their website.

The phone interview lasted about 1 hour, and the lady who emailed me was very nice, but very thorough. They really want you to go into detail in each scenario.

Lastly was the actual interview at their facility. This was the worst part in my opinion. This time, you have 2 seperate interviews which for me kind of ended up a good cop bad cop scenario. I had one very nice lady and a guy who might as well have been a zombie. They ask the same scenario type questions, the girst guy asked me about 10 of them and the lady asked about 5. You also get to watch someone performing the job for about 30 min.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had a new problem at work and how did you go about overcoming it?   Answer Question
    • Name a time when you had a problem with a co-worker and how did you solve it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riverview, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance (Riverview, FL) in July 2012.

Interview

Applied online and received a responses in less than 8 hours which felt pretty good. The second email notified me to take the required pre-employment test that could not be completed on an Apple computer with safari. You have 5 days to complete the test. You'll need to understand graphs and recognition of trends. After that there is a personality test that follows. Received email within 8 hours again to confirm I passes the test and the next step was a phone interview. Based on the questions asked I have the impression if you have a job history of making more than $15 per hour it decreases your chances of getting a job there. The lady doing the interview was a Vulcan and displayed no emotion or sensitivity at anytime during the interview whatsoever. I was shocked to learn this position does not pay commission, hourly only and bonus share? You might get the max pay of $15 if you already had your P&C. I consider myself a "Type A" personality with an aggressive sales background and I have 5 years of call center experience. I now have the feeling this is exactly what they are not looking for. This really put a damper on the interview process and left a bad impression of Progressive as a company I'd consider starting a sales career with.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Progressive?   Answer Question
    • Are you comfortable toggling between multiple screens?   Answer Question
    • Are you looking for work with any other companies besides Progressive?   1 Answer
    • What are your pay expectations for the position of Inbound Sales Representative?   1 Answer
    • How long have you been looking for work?   Answer Question