Progressive Insurance Inbound Sales Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Progressive Insurance Inbound Sales Representative Interview Questions

Updated Apr 25, 2017

3.4

Anonymous Employee in Mayfield, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance (Mayfield, OH) in April 2017.

Interview

03/08/17-Applied.
03/08/17-Completed Pre-Employment Assessment
03/10/17-Request to schedule Phone Interview
03/15/17-Phone Interview completed
03/15/17-Background check requested
03/22/17-In person Interview
03/23/17-Received an email stating interview went well and would hear more within next two weeks.
03/29/17-Background check completed.
04/06/17-Received phone call from Recruiter with an offer. Gladly accepted!

The interview process was a smooth transition. Do your homework on the company (they will ask what do you know about progressive and will ask why do you want to work for them) I also studied the STAR method. I cannot stress this enough STUDY STUDY STUDY the star method. They use this method for their phone and in person interviews! The recruiter I spoke with on the phone was very nice, the supervisor I sat with was very informative and pleasant--the interview didn't feel like an interview at all (in a good way). Felt like I was having a conversation with a friend. Just be yourself, sell yourself and show why you would be a great fit for the company. Good luck everyone!

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Progressive Insurance

Inbound Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance in January 2017.

Interview

Very drawn out, took about 3 - 4 weeks in all. GLASS DOOR WAS A LIFE SAVER FOR ME!! all the reviews and tips really saved my life!!
    MAKE SURE YOU RESEARCH THE COMPANY it is very important that you know about the company!
    January 10th; Applied & passed assessment
    January 12th: Request for phone interview
    January 16th; Phone Interview
    January 16th: phone call saying phone interview was passed
    January 17th: background check started
    January 20th: In-Person interview
    January 25: Offer presented and accepted.
    February 20th: First day

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you made a mistake, how did you handle it and what did you learn?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you received constructive criticism.   Answer Question
    • tell me about a time you went above and beyond for a customer   Answer Question

Inbound Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance in January 2017.

Interview

Very laid back from beginning to end. You will take an assessment online and, if you pass, will be contacted for a phone interview. If you pass that you will have an in person interview using the STAR format. Once they run your background they'll present you with an offer.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to overcome an objection to sell something   Answer Question

Inbound Sales Representative Interview

Interview

Applied online. Took assessment next day. Had a phone interview with recruiter. She asked me a series of background questions, like my employment history--job by job plus employment dates, then asked me the STAR questions. Got an email 2 days later. Ultimately there was no job offer, but her feedback was good. Recommended that I reapply in near future. (There is a 6 week training for this position and a licensure test) Process took 3 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to work with someone different from you and how did you handle it   Answer Question
    • Name a time you had to persuade someone to do something.   Answer Question
    • Why are you looking for another job   Answer Question

Progressive Insurance Response

Dec 13, 2016 – Talent Acquisition

Thanks for sharing your experience. -KH, Recruiting

Inbound Sales Representative Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance.

Interview

Very extensive interview process. First you start with a questionnaire which will take about an hour so. Afterwards you have to wait to hear back from them seeing if you passed it, they will then set up a phone interview with some questions, make sure you review these STAR questions. It's very important, this phone interview can take about an hour or so. Mine take about an hour an a half. After hearing back from them they will set up your final interview which is an onsite interview. Make sure you come prepared, they do send you a list of things to go over which is very helpful. This interview is about 3 hours long with multiple managers interviewing you, and it's not as stressful as it may seem. The managers are very down to Earth and looking to get more information about you. The process as a whole takes a couple weeks which can be stressful but it the end I got the job offer and look forward to starting soon!

Interview Questions

• Please be aware of the STAR questions which they provide you.   Answer Question

Inbound Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance.

Interview

Applied and got an email for the online tests which didn't seem too tricky. A week after passing the assessments I had my phone interview which went well, lots of positive feedback from the recruiter. My face to face was three days after the phone interview and it was the same STAR format. I was told they would be making a decision tomorrow, my fingers are crossed that I did well enough!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you didn't get along with a co-worker.   Answer Question

Inbound Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance in September 2016.

Interview

The interview process took some time. First you apply for the job, and if they accept your application you must take an online assessment. The online assessment took me around 40 minutes to complete. After a few days, I learned that my assessment had been accepted. I got an email to set up a phone interview. The first phone interview available was more than a week out.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riverview, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance (Riverview, FL) in June 2016.

Interview

They follow the star format. You will be interviewed by two hiring managers. I'm already familiar with this process as we do this at my current employer. Typically there would be a combination of both positive and negative outcome questions. However, progressive is geared towards the negative and I simply did not have as many negative examples to provide - which hindered me. Afterwards I listened in on a call for roughly an hour - the job itself seemed fairly simple and redundant. The recruiter was very nice but I was told I didn't have enough work experience. I'm 32 years old I have roughly 8 years of sales experience and for the last three years I have been doing account management. Not sure how that makes me under qualified but whatever. I asked if there was a probation period in regard to applying for other positions and I was told no. However, I was also told they will most likely deny my application unless I have another 9-12 months work experience. Again, I have plenty. Sure enough I applied for two completely positions and was denied almost immediately I will also say that for such a large company their current employees looked very sloppy. In conclusion I count my blessings I did not get this job. I hope others that apply have a more positive experience than I did. Not impressed.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when had to complete a task in a short period of time. How were able to do this and if so did you cut corners?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance (Tampa, FL) in June 2016.

Interview

Standard corporate hiring process. Applied via Indeed. Received an email a few days later asking me to complete a prequalification exam, which consisted of standard behavioral questions. Then I received an email about 24 hours after that requesting to schedule a phone interview. The projected start date was 4 weeks later than what I had initially been told when I was contacted about interviewing for the position, and the hours were slightly different. The process took about an hour, very non-standard questions for sales positions were asked; a STAR format was used but the questions were geared towards conformity and less towards performance which would be expected in a sales environment. The phone call was obviously placed through a softphone, there was a lot of reverb and the headset was cheap with no noise cancellation--I could hear a crying child in the background for the first 10 minutes of the interview. I was told that I would be contacted within 72 hours regarding the next steps.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to change your approach or method of thinking?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you had to educate yourself about a new product or service?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance (Colorado Springs, CO) in May 2016.

Interview

Online application: May 1st
    Took online assessment: May 2nd
    Phone Interview: May 6th
    Background check initiated: May 6th
    Face to face interview/ employee shadowing: May 13th
    Background check completed: May 19th
    Offer call and email: May 19th

I found out via email that I had passed the assessment the same day that I took it. They sent an email to schedule the phone interview and it's all done online so you see which slots are open and pick which is best for you. The phone interviewer called right on time and we spoke for about 40 minutes. She was from a different time zone. She confirmed who I was, had a few questions about my resume (time gaps, etc) and then set into asking questions.
    *Describe a change you have experienced in the workplace. How did you respond? What did you do? What was the result?

The phone interviewer scheduled the face to face interview while we were on the phone and explained the process which was accurate to the experience I had when I arrived for the interview. First I shadowed a top sales employee on the sales call center floor. I had a headset with a deactivated mic so it was nice to hear the types of falls that come in and how the computer system works as well. The I went and interiewed with a manager, took about 40 mins and then another manager, took maybe 50 minutes. They let me know when they would meet to go over my file and said at that point it was just waiting on my background check to come in. Luckily for me, my background check came back the same day they decided to offer me the position!

Interview Questions

• *Describe a time you had to deal with a difficult person (customer or co-worker). What did you do? What happened? What could you have done differently?
      Answer Question