Progressive Insurance Inside Sales Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Progressive Insurance Inside Sales Representative Interview Questions

3.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance (Tampa, FL) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied online and got an email to do the assessment which I did not pass it had alot of graph and behavioral questions. I am not sure why I didn't pass

Other Interview Reviews for Progressive Insurance

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance (Tempe, AZ) in February 2016.

Interview

Really long interview process. Took weeks before I was finally interviewed. 45 minutes phone interview. Wanted me to explain every detail of last 3 jobs. Wanted to know why I was quitting my current job and the interviewer wouldn't let up. Explained how great it was there and how it sounds like the opposite of where I am now. The listing online said 14-19 $ per hour but wanted me to start at 14.50 even though I have been a top inside sales rep for 5 years now and plenty of experience.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work in insurance? Why are you leaving your current job?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Riverview, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance (Riverview, FL) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied through indeed.com the next day I received an email that my application was being reviewed. A day later I was sent an email to take an assessment test. After I passed that I received a phone call to set up an on site interview. They told me to be prepared to be there for 2 hours. They use the STAR method which I prep for. The 2 hours went by pretty quickly. Both people I interviewed with were very friendly. I was told I should hear something in the next few days. I got a voicemail two days later asking me to call back regarding my interview. I accepted the offer.

Interview Questions

• What was your most difficult sale and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Highland Hills, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance (Highland Hills, OH) in January 2015.

Interview

Very detailed process, Progressive really cares to hire the best employees for the job. Though the hiring process is quite long, it has been very enjoyable & gives the opportunity to gain more insight on the company and overall position your interviewing for. First, is an online assessment, if you pass you'll pass on to the phone interview. During the phone interview you will be asked standard interview questions about past work, education, experience, etc. then you will be asked behavioral questions in which you will be expected to answer in the S.T.A.R method (situation, task, action, result. If you pass the phone interview your information will be passed on to another recruiter schedule your in person interview, at this stage you may also receive a email from a company by the name of Hire Right to conduct a through background check. The in person interview will be with two separte managers who will ask many S.T.A.R formate questions back to back. You will also have the opportunity to shadow a representative to experience what you job with actually be like. This interview lasted 2 1/2hours but was very enjoyable, both the managers that interviewed me where very nice, & make me feel at ease. After four days I was contacted back by the recruiter offering me the job, and of course I accepted.

Interview Questions

• Describe a decision you made that wasn't popular and how you handled implementing it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations

Anonymous Employee in Mayfield, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance (Mayfield, OH) in November 2014.

Interview

I applied online. 2 weeks a later I received an invitation to complete the assessment test. The test had general business questions such as looking at a p&l from 2 years and determining which year had better growth. There were also general customer service questions, math, comprehension, and other basic questions you would see on any wonderlic type test. Finally there was a personality test. I will say it was a pretty in depth test and I could see how some people would struggle to pass it. When finished I got an email saying I would get the results in 2 days however they came that very day. I also got an invitation to an open house style interview for the following week.

The interview was at campus II. They had it set up for a recruiting event and it was very organized. The recruiter Anita did a great job informing us how the whole thing would work and making us feel welcome. I interviewed with 2 managers seperatly. Each interview probably took close to an hour. Thget use behavioral interviews and are looking for specific examples from your work experience. Focused a lot in how you dealt with change and objections. Most of the questions seemed to be geared towards are you adaptle in an ever chamging environment and can you think outside the box to close a sale.

After the interview the recruiter was very clear exactly when she would be following up and she stuck to her time line. The background check was the most tedious part. It took over 2 weeks and I had to provide w2s from one if the companies I worked for. I understand that happens a lot so be prepared for the background check. Make sure your hire dates are right or it will throw it off too. Its very thorough.

Interview Questions

• tell me about a time when you had to use a creative solution to close a sale   Answer Question
    • tell me about a time when you were given feedback you didn't agree with and how did you handle it.   Answer Question
    • tell me about a time you said the wrong thing and lost a sale.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not negotiable. They offer you what they offer you.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance in December 2013.

Interview

It all begins with an online application followed by a lengthy questionnaire. If approved, an intense background check takes place along with verification of employment and education. Once these steps have been successfully completed, an in person interview and tour of the campus follows.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Salary is set.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riverview, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance (Riverview, FL) in October 2013.

Interview

Currently waiting to hear back about the phone interview I did yesterday afternoon, but the recruiter was very nice and helpful.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance (Austin, TX) in October 2013.

Interview

STAR process

Offer from better company

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance.

Interview

At home call. Get friendly. Looking for someone easy to talk with. Then two face to face interviews where interviewer asks directed questions requiring in depth answers using "real" situations you've encountered while interviewer handwrites everything.

Interview Questions

• none. Just have at least 10 different situations with resolution ready to share.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Could negotiate days off.

Anonymous Employee in Riverview, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance (Riverview, FL) in March 2013.

Interview

I applied for this position through Careerbuilder.com, and roughly 24 hours later received a link for their Pre-employment test. The exam, which consisted of a few math problems and behavioral questions, lasted one hour. The following morning, I received an email stating that I had passed the exam, and a recruiter will contact me to schedule a phone interview.

Later that evening, I was contacted by a recruiter who scheduled my phone interview for the following week. The recruiter was extremely polite and very helpful. She informed me that the interview will consist of behavioral/STAR questions. The phone interview lasted about 60 minutes or so. This recruiter was also very nice and helpful. We discussed my resume, work history, etc... Then came the STAR questions. This is where the interview process gets tough so bring your "A-Game"! Be prepared to give DETAILED descriptions about actual scenarios you were faced with and answer them in the STAR format; Progessive provides example STAR questions on their website so be sure to review them. I also recommend searching the internet for STAR questions as well.

After the phone interview, the recruiter said that I will be moving onto the Face-to-Face interview, which she scheduled for the following week. Friday morning, I arrived at the Progressive Contact Center in Riverview, Fl. I met with the HR manger for about an hour. She was very welcoming and explained how the interview will go. I was asked what I know about progressive, followed by about 8 behavioral questions. After meeting with her, I was taken to the call center and sat with a sales rep to listen in on some calls. Roughly 30 minutes later, another manger took me back to the interview room for another round of questioning. This interview lasted an hour and consisted of more behavioral questions, followed by me asking the manager a few questions. My advice: ask questions! This makes you appear excited about the company and the position!

The on-site interviews lasted almost 3 hours total, and I was told by the manager that I would be contacted by their HR department in a couple days with a decision. Two days later I was contacted by a recruiter and was told that once I completed the background check, they would like to offer me the position.

Overall, this was pretty thorough process. It takes time, but they want to make sure they have the right person.

Again, be very thorough when answering the behavioral questions- it will be the deciding factor in whether or not you get the job.

Interview Questions

• 1) • Tell me about a time when you made a bad decision. What did you do?

2) • What was your most difficult sale, and how did you approach it?
      Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiating.