Progressive Insurance Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 6, 2017

3.3

678 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Claims Adjuster Trainee Interview

Interview

Took two tests, which I enjoyed taking. "Not selected" for an interview. I have over ten years of experience in customer service and I actually enjoy working with the public. I will NEVER use Progressive for insurance.

Claims Adjuster Trainee Interview

Interview

The whole process is a joke ! This company does job qualification completely different than any other job I've applied for! They make you complete the long application then a day or two later the email a link to take an assessment that takes 35-50 minutes to complete . Pass that then a few days later the send a 2nd assessment that takes 45-60 mins on average to complete pass that. A few minutes later the e-mail you informing if you passed with I received staying "You received qualifying results on the employment assessmen" then the next day I received and email saying "We reviewed your skills and experience, and unfortunately won't be moving forward with your application for the Claims Adjuster Trainee" don't wast your time with this company.

Claims Representative Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance (Sacramento, CA).

Interview

after you turn in your application there is an online assessment which takes about two hours. The assessment reminded me of a college level critical thinking experiment which wasn't too bad. If you pass the assessment you have a telephone interview with a recruiter. You are supposed to answer the questions in the STAR format which I've never heard of. I recently retired from my other career so I was unaware of some new trendy acronym to answer a simple question. Apparently I didn't answer the questions good enough because I received an email saying thanks but no thanks. I honestly think I wasn't hired because I told the recruiter I was 40 and they seem to cater to recent college grads with a bachelor degree and no life experience.

Interview Questions

• describe a difficult situation and how you handled it.   1 Answer

Claims Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance.

Interview

I applied twice - a year ago for CSR and this time for a Claims Trainee. Overall the process is pretty good. Last year, I applied through Randstad - you get a phone interview first, then you are emailed assessments, then you are provided a feedback and move to in-person interview. It is easier to get a chance for an interview through Randstad. I had an interview with a Progressive recruiter and was not given an offer (received an email two days later as day said).
    This year I also applied online through Progressive website - after that I received an email with a link to the assessment, I was then informed that I passed, on the following day, I received another assessment. After that, I got an email that I received qualifying results and to wait. If you want to save some time, check the status on their website - it is updated before you receive a next email. I checked the status and it said: Phone interview will be scheduled. A day later, I received an email to schedule an interview. The phone interview lasted about 30-40 minutes and consisted of STAR questions. I am waiting for a feedback- hopefully not too long. My experience says that they are pretty fast with following up. I do not have high hopes though. Assessments for Claims Trainee were definitely more challenging than for CSR position. I always pass online assessments and if you struggle with them, use logic. Think from employer's point of view. I know that many people do not receive a chance of phone interview even after passed assessments - I have no idea how they "select" people. I will add more if I move on. Progressive has a lengthy but professional recruitment process - I appreciate that you know what's going on all the time and you are not left in darkness about the next steps which is commonly spread now. I believe they have certain picks but cannot figure out specifics. Recruiters are very friendly and helpful but personally, I am on a more reserved side so no clue. It is a good experience to go through this process - nice preparation for future interviews.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time ...
      We will be checking your background, references, criminal history and more - do you have any questions about that?   Answer Question

Claims Adjuster Trainee Interview

Interview

Applied online, two weeks later I get an invitation to take an hour long online assessment. Three days later I get another invitation for a second our long online assessment. The next day I received an email stating I had passed the assessments, was qualified and would be contacted shortly. Then about 4 hours later I get an email that states they are choosing to pursue candidates with more experience. Total BS, waste of my time. They knew my experience and masters degree etc before they even sent me the assessments. They wasted my time, and now they have lost a customer. Respect is a two way street.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance.

Interview

Good process. First you get a phone interview then you take a test then you proceed to a in person interview. Then you tour the place and learn more.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salem, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance (Salem, OR) in November 2017.

Interview

After submitting online application, you are requested to complete two online assessments, mostly multiple choice questions, with a call center type simulation in one of the assessments. If you score satisfactorily, you are requested to participate in a phone interview with a recruiter. Mine lasted about 30 minutes and included some basic Q&A and a few behavioral (STAR) type questions. If selected to move forward, you must complete a background check and then an in-person interview is scheduled. The in-person interview was similar to the phone interview and included four behavioral questions.

Claims Adjuster Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance in November 2017.

Interview

Process was pretty in depth. The online assessments were more like taking sat's and may be an overkill for a job as an insurance adjuster. I could see the relevance for a government job but not for an insurance company.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a difficult customer and how you handled the situation.   1 Answer

Auto Damage Adjuster Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance in November 2017.

Interview

Very extensive 2 online assessments phone interview background check and in person interview background check is done with 3rd party so make sure you provide all info both interviews follow the star system for answering their questions

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to complete something but was unable to meet it   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance (New York, NY) in November 2017.

Interview

It was easy like a conversation. standard behavioral questions that must be in the star format. then they tell you about the job like you got it but then you don't get it

Interview Questions

• describe a time a customer was dissatisfied with your work and how did you handle it   1 Answer