Progressive Insurance Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Progressive Insurance Interview Questions

Updated Apr 24, 2017

3.3

Systems Engineer Interview

Interview

Was given an online assessment test for a "Systems Engineer" position and NOT a call taker position. However the nature of the questions were geared towards a call center position only. Was very disappointment to see such a prestigious company that is out of touch with their own hiring process.

Interview Questions

• All of them being that the test was for what appears to be a call taker position.   Answer Question

Claims Adjuster Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance.

Interview

Don't apply here, one of most difficult/worse interviews I have experienced for an entry level position. They really don't care about your skills or work history as long as you can use their STAR format of answering questions (Situation/Task, Action, Result). Does't matter where you worked prior or experiences, if you get even a little bit of this format incorrect in their eyes then you can be sure they will reject you. IT'S ALL ABOUT THE STAR FORMAT.....Remember, this is for an ENTRY LEVEL position in which they train you...... The online assessment test is just an hour of your time to see if you think like them which I found pointless because anyone can lie on these things. It's an easy test with obvious answers. The person I interviewed with over the phone was nice enough but you could tell she did not care about the interview itself and the conversation in general was very stale. Red flag immediately. This is just my opinion/experience of course and others will disagree.

If you really want to work for them, stick to the STAR format precisely and always relate your answers to customer service experiences that are both direct/indirect. Be as specific/detailed as possible in your answers and stick to the subject. They will be noting everything you say but only looking for certain specifics in your answers.

They will give you feedback if you ask but it does little to help as they refer you to another site and a youtube video...nice. If you wish to reapply then you gotta wait 6 months...and honestly who can wait 6 months for a job these days and for an entry level position on top of it...they should change the interview name process from Progressive to Aggressive because they just want robots apparently.

Interview Questions

• 1. Tell me about a time you had to meet a deadline and what you did to meet it.
      2. Tell me about a time when you had to deal with an angry customer and what you did to resolve the issue.
      3. Tell me about a time where you had to deal with significant changes at work and what you did to acclimate to the situation.
      Answer Question

Claim Adjuster Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance in April 2017.

Interview

I was fortunate to receive a phone interview, unfortunately I did not advance unto the person to person interview. I do not think the HR recruiter was in the best of moods as I had to initiate the conversation. Most of the previous reviews read that interviews take about 45-60 minutes. Instead of good morning she quickly started as follows "interview wont take more than 15 minutes, so lets get started" and jumped right into the questions. maybe its my fault for scheduling an interview at 8AM in the morning. maybe its just the luck of the draw on what person you get. maybe i just blew it.

Interview Questions

• Why Progressive? Name a time when you experienced an unexpected change in the workplace and how did you adjust?   Answer Question

Application

Interview

Submitted my resume through indeed and filled out a formal application online. From there, received an email to complete a pre-employment screening questionnaire, and within 24 hours received an email to schedule a phone interview. I scheduled mine for a week out, to give myself ample time to read up on the position and company as a whole. Had phone interview, lasted approximately 40 minutes. My recruiter was extremely personable and easy to speak with. She started out with extensive information on the training program and what the position would entail, then moved on to traditional interview, and ended with situation "STAR" based questions. I am now waiting to see if I landed a sit down interview and will update accordingly.

Interview Questions

• what do you know about Progressive   Answer Question
    • describe a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer...   1 Answer

Claims Adjuster - Attorney Representative 'd Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warwick, RI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance (Warwick, RI) in April 2017.

Interview

Applied. Got an email to do an assessment. Then got an email to set up a phone interview. All within one week.

I knew going in it would be a long shot to get past the phone interview. The interviewer was very good, but I knew from the detailed questions, I didn't have all the experience they wanted. I did well, but I was not surprised that I didn't get a f/f interview. An email was sent to me about 2 days later letting me know that I wasn't moving on in the process. Honestly, I really appreciated that email so I wouldn't sit around wondering.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had a difficult negotiation? How was it resolved.?   1 Answer

Legal Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance (Atlanta, GA) in April 2017.

Interview

First contact with Progressive was a scheduled 20-minute phone interview. The interviewer briefly explained the position and verified information on my resume. He then proceeded to ask approximately five behavioral questions. I was given the opportunity to ask questions. There was no feedback other than I would be contacted within one to two weeks, either to schedule an in-person interview at the specific office or notified that they would not proceed. I was not been asked to take any evaluation tests.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a goal you set and how you reached it.   1 Answer

Claims Adjuster Interview

Interview

Never made it to an interview. I have applied for 8 Claims Adjuster positions now, and even though I meet all the requirements listed, this last time I applied I received a rejection in less than 24 hours. I don't even think that was long enough to review my resume. I have emailed their hiring team and asked for feedback, but all I have received is an automated response saying they didn't have time to review individual applications for feedback.

Claims Adjuster Interview

Interview

Recruiter called, set up interview as this was referral. Interviewed, was great conversation, received great feedback and went much longer than the time allotment. Manager spoke positively, even showed me the nice things written on the question sheet about my answers. They really tried to sell me on the company and how great they are. Two weeks later (outside the 7-10 business days I was told) received the 'thanks for playing' letter. I received email stating the results of the interview which invites candidates to request feedback about the interview. No feedback given after multiple requests. Some advice: don't waste your time on an employer that touts how good they are yet does not even live up to their written word.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you made a decision too quickly.   1 Answer

Progressive Insurance Response

Mar 30, 2017 – Marketing Specialist III

Hello there - If you still haven't received a response, please feel free to reach out to us at careers@progressive.com and we can look into this for you. A.Y., Recruiting

Claims Adjuster Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance in March 2017.

Interview

I honestly forgot I'd even applied for the position when I got the email asking me to take the assessment. I passed that step and just had a phone interview today. Will know by Friday if I will have a face to face interview. I thought I did ok. I'm not the greatest phone interviewer. I was scheduled to have my interview at 8am but the recruiter had 8:30 on her calendar. So in my defense I was thrown off when she was late.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you went above and beyond for a customer   Answer Question
    • Standard questions about your previous job experience, highest level of education, why you left your previous position.   Answer Question

Claims Adjuster Interview

Interview

It was a good experience. The interview was very comfortable. Typical behavioral questions. The recruiter was very helpful. She even provided feedback after the face-to-face interview. Need to show you are proactive and good time manager.