Progressive Insurance Claims Generalist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Progressive Insurance Claims Generalist Interview Questions

Updated Jul 14, 2017

3.3

47 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance.

Interview

Phone Interview was simple normal questions and low stress, then online assessment was the normal personality test and questions English and math comprehension, then in person interview. After the interview received an offer.

Interview Questions

• Standard STAR format, practice this and you should be fine.   Answer Question

Claims Generalist Intermediate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance (Dallas, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

STAR Method. It is very important you stick to STAR when answering your questions. Feel free to take in your examples on a note card. It is best to come up with 5-6 solid examples that you can tailor to any question.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to compromise or negotiate with a demanding customer. What was the issue & outcome?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance (Irvine, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

The interview process was about 4 weeks. First I applied on December 2016, received an assessment the next day. I passed the assessment and then went on to a phone interview, then an in person interview. The assessment was pretty easy to do. The phone interview went well. STAR format, behavioral questions. Prepare yourself for that. The recruiter was very kind. The face to face interview was great also. Very kind people. The process was very thorough.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you did not like the outcome of a situation you resolved.   Answer Question
    • Name a time when you had to negotiate with a customer and what was the outcome   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance (Chicago, IL) in August 2016.

Interview

1-Applied online
    2-Received email with assessment
    3-Passed assessment
    4-Phone interview
    5-Background check
    6-Phone interview
    After phone interview recruiter said I should get an email within 48hrs letting me know whether or not I'm moving forward to face-to-face. She said she still had a couple more candidates to interview and then they would decide who's moving forward to face-to-face.
    Waiting to hear back now...

Interview Questions

• About 3-4 STAR format questions
      -How do you keep organized
      -Tell me about a difficult situation and how you fixed it   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Peoria, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance (Peoria, IL) in July 2016.

Interview

Applied July 20, 2016
    Received request to take online assessment on July 22.
    Email on July 24,2016 stating I passed and was moving on in the process.
    Phone interview requested on July 25, 2016
    Conducted phone interview on July 28,2016, (26 minutes total phone time) was told they would like to do background check and schedule face to face interview.
    Submitted info for Background check and that is where I am...

I will update when I have an outcome to report.

Interview Questions

• Even though we may try our best to help a customer, sometimes they are still not satisfied- name a time when you had to help a dissatisfied customer.   Answer Question
    • Name a time you had to adhere to strict policies and procedures to help a customer.   Answer Question
    • Name a time when you were a part of a negotiation.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in North Charleston, SC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance (North Charleston, SC) in January 2016.

Interview

I first applied after being referred by a friend on 12/17/15. She sent me a link to follow to apply for a job at her office. I applied on 12/21/15 and received an invitation to take an assessment on 12/22/15. On 12/27/16 I received the results of the assessment and was informed that I would be referred for a phone interview. I received an invitation for a phone interview on 12/28/15 and I went to the scheduling center link in the email and scheduled my phone interview for 12/31/15. I completed the phone interview and was told at the end that a background check would be started and I would be referred on for an in person interview. The recruiter gave me specific suggestions for how to have a successful in person interview. I interviewed in person on 1/20/16. I received an offer in the middle of the salary range on 2/4/16. I am scheduled to start on 2/22/16.

Interview Questions

• All questions were in the STAR format. Tell me about a time when you were faced with a difficult situation and how you dealt with it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance (Miami, FL) in January 2016.

Interview

I answered a job post on Linked In that came up under my local jobs section. It turns out that either Progressive or Linked In miscateragorized the listing, because it was actually a location that was several hundred miles from my location but it was listed as a local job. It felt like a complete waste of my time. They did, however, take the time to send me a generic rejection via email, a 'nicety' that seems to be rarer and rarer these days. Most companies don't even bother to acknowledge your submission either way.

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance.

Interview

Behavior type interview with ridiculous questions about specific examples. I have always "passed" these interviews with fabricated examples and embellished facts. After all, no one wants to hear how average you are.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to tell a customer no.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance in August 2015.

Interview

I had a phone interview with a recruiter. After the phone interview, I got an email stating that I did not move on to the next round. A few days later, I received a call from a recruiter asking me to set up an in-person interview. I was confused and let her know that I had been declined after my phone interview. She explained that this was a mistake and apologized. I had my in-person interview a week later and was offered the position.

They use the S.T.A.R method for their interview questions. I would recommend googling this method to become familiar beforehand.

The recruiter was very difficult to get ahold of, which I was frustrating. She never sent me my acceptance email so it caused a lot of additional stress trying to make sure she knew I had fully accepted the position.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you made a mistake and how you acted on it.   1 Answer

Claims Generalist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance.

Interview

online test, phone interview, in person interview. Did not find it that hard. The process was very slow. The biggest pain was the back ground check since I had so many summer jobs. The interviews were pretty long, usually lasting an hour to two hours

Interview Questions

• Mostly star questions.
      Describe a time you had to deal with a difficult customer. Name a time you went above and beyond   Answer Question