Progressive Insurance Claims Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.4

118 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Claims Representative Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance (Sacramento, CA).

Interview

after you turn in your application there is an online assessment which takes about two hours. The assessment reminded me of a college level critical thinking experiment which wasn't too bad. If you pass the assessment you have a telephone interview with a recruiter. You are supposed to answer the questions in the STAR format which I've never heard of. I recently retired from my other career so I was unaware of some new trendy acronym to answer a simple question. Apparently I didn't answer the questions good enough because I received an email saying thanks but no thanks. I honestly think I wasn't hired because I told the recruiter I was 40 and they seem to cater to recent college grads with a bachelor degree and no life experience.

Interview Questions

• describe a difficult situation and how you handled it.   1 Answer

Claims Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mayfield, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance (Mayfield, OH) in November 2017.

Interview

10/24/17- Applied
    10/27/17-Given Assessment Exam
    10/31/17-Given Phone Interview
    11/09/17-In Person Interview
    12/01/17- Offer Different Job and Accepted it

Process was not quick but the holiday was the cause of the delay. The staff was helpful and nice. The interview was comfortable and personable. There were no trick questions, just a what would you do type questions.

Auto Claim Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance (Austin, TX) in October 2017.

Interview

From the time of my first application to the offical offer it was just over a month 10/1 to 11/6. The entire process was very prompt the interviews were scheduled at 830 each day I was called or met promptly at 830

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you made a difficult sale   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance.

Interview

The interview started at 9:18 am was over by 9:38 am there was about 5 questions regarding educational and work history and 5 behavioral questions use STAR method for assistance. If how the interviewer was asking the questions the questions are based off of your response because he got to one question and said no I don't want to ask you that so it should like they have a list of questions and just random chose one

Interview Questions

• How are your metrics determined at your current employer?   1 Answer
    • why do you want to work at progressive?   1 Answer
    • Name a time when you were overwhelmed at work and how did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • Why are you leaving your current employer?   Answer Question
    • What is a typical day at your current employer?   Answer Question
    • How are your typing and computer skills?   Answer Question
    • Name a time when you received constructive criticism from you boss how did you handle it and what changes did you make   Answer Question

Auto Claim Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance (Austin, TX) in September 2017.

Interview

I applied online at the beginning of September and received an email to complete an online pre-employment assessment test. If you pass that, then you receive an email stating you qualified to have your application reviewed further and you'll receive a call or email within a few weeks. I received that email Sept 15. The same day I was emailed with a request for a phone interview. You schedule it online and they call you at that time. Mine was scheduled for Sept 21. The phone interview was about thirty minutes and asked the standard "Tell me about a time...". Example questions are found on their job page and they're pretty similar; I didn't feel like I was thrown a curve ball or anything crazy. They use the STAR method so vague answers won't cut it. I recommend preparing by recalling several previous work experiences and how you solved/went through them. We wrapped up the phone interview by the recruiter stating they would like to proceed and if I could come in for an in-person interview. They also sent a request for background check at that time. That interview was scheduled for Sept 27, it lasted about an hour. The questions are similar to phone interview but definitely more in depth. The recruiter called the next day with an offer. The process in total took less than a month but would have been even shorter if I had not waited to take assessment and complete the background check questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you felt overwhelmed and describe how you handled it.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance.

Interview

Step one- Recieve request to move fwd with online assessment test
    Step two - pass test and setup phone interview
    Step three- phone interview...went very well. Lady was very kind. I ended up turning opportunity down as pay u unfortunately wasn't to my requirements.

Interview Questions

• What experience did I have in medical claims? None, but I had experience in logistic claims so I simply explained how they are similar.   Answer Question

Medical Claims Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Iselin, NJ

Application

I interviewed at Progressive Insurance (Iselin, NJ) in July 2017.

Interview

7/7/17- Applied online
    7/7/17- Received email asking i complete an online assessment/ Completed assessment the same day
    7/10/17- Received email stating I passed the assessment and I will need to complete a phone interview
    7/12/17- Had a 40 min phone interview with a very pleasurable rep. (STAR method answers to questions)

Currently waiting to see if I will be moved forward to face to face interview

Medical Claims Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance (Jacksonville, FL) in May 2017.

Interview

It was a very intense process. Very thorough but lengthy process. Recruiter and interviewer we very friendly and engaging. Advice: study their website. Be knowledgeable about all aspects of the company

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you went above and beyond to complete a job.   Answer Question

Claims Adjuster - Attorney Representative 'd Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warwick, RI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance (Warwick, RI) in April 2017.

Interview

Applied. Got an email to do an assessment. Then got an email to set up a phone interview. All within one week.

I knew going in it would be a long shot to get past the phone interview. The interviewer was very good, but I knew from the detailed questions, I didn't have all the experience they wanted. I did well, but I was not surprised that I didn't get a f/f interview. An email was sent to me about 2 days later letting me know that I wasn't moving on in the process. Honestly, I really appreciated that email so I wouldn't sit around wondering.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had a difficult negotiation? How was it resolved.?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance in March 2017.

Interview

2/10 - Submitted Application
    2/20 - Email requesting online pre-employment assessment. Completed same day.
    2/21- Email received stating assessment passed with follow-up email requesting a telephone interview to be scheduled. Scheduled same day for the following Monday.
    2/27-Phone Interview
    2/28-email requesting backgrounds & request to schedule face-to-face
    3/3 - face-to-face interview
    3/6 - Background completed by Hireright & sent to progressive
    3/9 - Backgrounds reviewed and cleared at Progressive & offer extended

The pre-employment assessment tested some basic logic & reasoning skills along with a basic occupational / personality assessment. Nothing too crazy here, folks. No need to stress.

The phone interview lasted about 1 hour. My recruiter did a fantastic job. She was skilled, personable & engaging. She gave a complete overview of the position that I applied for and also an intro to other open positions that I may be considered. Basic questions about past & current employment. A bit about me and why the career change. There were about 3 STAR questions total. Relax and get into the conversation and you'll do fine.

The face-to-face interview lasted approximately 1.5 hours. Again, topnotch interview. I was given a detailed
    tour of the building and given a great overview of Progressive. This particular hiring manager was pretty amazing. I felt instantly comfortable and I could sense that she did her homework and was vested in the interview process. The STAR questions were a bit more intense- I think about 9 total. Best advice is to think of about 4 solid, complex senerios that could fit a number of questions and know them well. Don't worry about taking a moment to think through your answer or ask for clarification. Be honest & passionate. At the end you'll get the chance to ask questions, as well. Be confident in you skills & what you can do for the company. :-)

Backgrounds. This was nerve wracking. I was informed that I was selected pending successful completion of backgrounds. Although I knew my background was solid (previous TS cleared) your mind will play all kinds of horrible games with you - oh the anticipation . Don't let it get to you. You're amazing - you made it this far, right!?! It took about 10 days to clear backgrounds. I tried to help the process as much as I could by supplying documents upfront (Transcripts, W2s, etc...)

A recruiter contacted me and made the offer. I accepted verbally via phone. Offer was emailed, as well.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did not negotiate. This is an entry level position. I believe this is a company to grow with. They will train you (free of cost) & reward accordingly.