Progressive Insurance Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 20, 2017
1,241 Interview Reviews

3.3

Insurance Sales Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance in August 2017.

Interview

Over the phone interview was very long and drawn out. Waited for days for response. I did like the digital scheduling. Every thing else was done via email.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mount Laurel, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance (Mount Laurel, NJ) in August 2017.

Interview

Very drawn out. And although I was aware of the STAR interview tactic. I am NOT very good at embellishing or acting out a "Commander McBragg" ideal of myself. Somewhere in the process your track record should count for something?!

Interview Questions

• Give me an instance when you went above and beyond your work duties to shine within your company. (to paraphrase)   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance.

Interview

Step one- Recieve request to move fwd with online assessment test
    Step two - pass test and setup phone interview
    Step three- phone interview...went very well. Lady was very kind. I ended up turning opportunity down as pay u unfortunately wasn't to my requirements.

Interview Questions

• What experience did I have in medical claims? None, but I had experience in logistic claims so I simply explained how they are similar.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Palm Beach, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance (West Palm Beach, FL).

Interview

My experience was very similar to other postings on here. I had an initial phone interview with the recruiter then a longer follow-up VIDEO interview with a manager who wasn't local. The initial interview had fairly straightforward STAR questions and the video interview had the harder, more negative, STAR questions. Just note, they aren't looking for what you learned from the example and how that improved you, they are looking for a positive outcome with THAT scenario.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you weren't happy with the customer service you provided.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance.

Interview

Phone Interview was simple normal questions and low stress, then online assessment was the normal personality test and questions English and math comprehension, then in person interview. After the interview received an offer.

Interview Questions

• Standard STAR format, practice this and you should be fine.   Answer Question

Claims Adjuster Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance (Saint Louis, MO).

Interview

two interviews with claim director and HR. standard process mostly behavioral type questions. be prepared with scenarios of real world examples that you can apply to a multitude of situations

Interview Questions

• tell me about a time when....behavioral interview questions come prepared with scenario answers   Answer Question

Claims Adjuster Interview

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance.

Interview

I was contacted for a phone interview after taking an online assessment test. I have over 20 years experience in this field. I had many examples for their behavioral questions. However, the recruiter was arrogant and condescending. It was a huge turn off!!
    By then I had already decided I wasn't interested so I just asked several questions about their benefits. I was curious about how they help employees achieve a work life balance since they claim this is a perk of working there. So I asked if there were flex hours, job sharing , etc. and the answer was, well now the BI reps can now work 9-5 because we hired more reps to handle property damage. I pressed him on this and he had nothing else to say. So basically they feel that working 8 hours a day 5 days a week is a work/life benefit. And even worse, no OT. Needless to say I was not moved forward lol

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Palm Beach, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance (West Palm Beach, FL).

Interview

I had a phone interview and the lady was nice. I passed that stage and was called back for a face to face interview. The person they said that would interview me wasn't there so someone else had to do it and I think it was her first time. The whole process from applying to going through all the million steps took about two months.

Claims Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance in July 2017.

Interview

Wonderful experience overall more hiring managers should take the approach used by Progressive which is down to earth, well presented and not daunting. No "trick" questions and you're given time to actually think and not put on the spot

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation when you had to collaborate with somewhat difficult team members and how did it play out?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance.

Interview

I applied online, got a call back 2 days later for a phone screen. After that I set up an inperson interview which lasted 2 hours with 2 different people and a 30 min sit in for the position .

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you dealt with a difficult customer?   Answer Question