Progressive Insurance Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 19, 2017
1,218 Interview Reviews

3.3

Claims Adjuster Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance.

Interview

Don't apply here, one of most difficult/worse interviews I have experienced for an entry level position. They really don't care about your skills or work history as long as you can use their STAR format of answering questions (Situation/Task, Action, Result). Does't matter where you worked prior or experiences, if you get even a little bit of this format incorrect in their eyes then you can be sure they will reject you. IT'S ALL ABOUT THE STAR FORMAT.....Remember, this is for an ENTRY LEVEL position in which they train you...... The online assessment test is just an hour of your time to see if you think like them which I found pointless because anyone can lie on these things. It's an easy test with obvious answers. The person I interviewed with over the phone was nice enough but you could tell she did not care about the interview itself and the conversation in general was very stale. Red flag immediately. This is just my opinion/experience of course and others will disagree.

If you really want to work for them, stick to the STAR format precisely and always relate your answers to customer service experiences that are both direct/indirect. Be as specific/detailed as possible in your answers and stick to the subject. They will be noting everything you say but only looking for certain specifics in your answers.

They will give you feedback if you ask but it does little to help as they refer you to another site and a youtube video...nice. If you wish to reapply then you gotta wait 6 months...and honestly who can wait 6 months for a job these days and for an entry level position on top of it...they should change the interview name process from Progressive to Aggressive because they just want robots apparently.

Interview Questions

• 1. Tell me about a time you had to meet a deadline and what you did to meet it.
      2. Tell me about a time when you had to deal with an angry customer and what you did to resolve the issue.
      3. Tell me about a time where you had to deal with significant changes at work and what you did to acclimate to the situation.   Answer Question

Claims Adjuster Interview

Application

The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance.

Interview

I had a behavioral phone interview and then scheduled a face to face. The interviewer was very cold and it was like she had a magnifying glass on me and it felt like an interrogation. I'm an Iraqi vet and served in 2003 after which I continued to go to college and then graduated with a masters. She asked me why it took me four years to get my Associates Degree after coming back from war. I was so offended. I had just fought in a war. What if I came back with a disability or I had to readjust to civilian life after coming back from a traumatic experience? It was almost grounds for discrimination. She asked me several behavioral questions and at the end she almost made me feel like a had the position to then get the rejection email one week later. In the feedback I got from recruiter she said I wasn't enthusiastic enough, which was a lie. I prepared weeks for this interview and I really wanted the job.

Interview Questions

• What difficult customers have you had?
      A time you gave a customer bad news?
      Why did you leave previous jobs?   Answer Question

Research Analyst Interview

Interview

There was an online test with behavioral and problem solving questions. After I passed both of those I had a follow-up phone interview with a recruiter followed by another phone interview with the hiring manager, then followed by an all day session of in-person interviews

Interview Questions

• Used STAR method and asked several behavioral questions (e.g., tell me about a time when the data didn't align with what the client was hoping for and how did you handle that situation)   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance (Charlotte, NC) in May 2017.

Interview

I was really impressed with the hiring process. I applied on 5/2/17, passed assessment on 5/3/17, which consists of basic math and personality type questions. Received a request for a phone interview on 5/5/17. Had phone interview on 5/9/17 and received notice that I was moving forward to the next steps during the phone interview. Completed background check on 5-10-17, had a face-to-face interview on 5-15-17, background check was completed on the same day and I am currently waiting for a response. Wish me luck!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to deal with a difficult customer?   1 Answer

Claims Adjuster Trainee Interview

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance.

Interview

Once your resume is reviewed if it matches you are sent an assessment to complete. Once you pass that you schedule a phone interview (their phone interviews are outsourced). The phone interview consists of some basic conversation as well as about 3 STAR format questions basically seeing if you have multitasking and time management skills. From that point if you are pushed forward you are contacted by a recruiter and a background check is initiated while you wait for your face to face interview. Stress your multitasking, organizational, time management and problem solving skills. This is a position you will need them for!

Interview Questions

• what kind of responsibilities have you recently added to your work day and how do you manage those changes?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance (Boston, MA) in May 2017.

Interview

I got through the first 3 steps but didn't make it to 4th in person.I believe not meeting in person is detrimental. Also think age was factor. Not happy overall. Ageism.

Claims Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance.

Interview

The interview was all behaviorial questions. I was interviewed by 3 people at once. I felt pretty confident but I never got a call back. I guess I just wasn't what they looking for.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plymouth, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance (Plymouth, MI) in May 2017.

Interview

The interview process was very straight forward. You first apply online, you get sent an assessment, and are scheduled a phone interview. Around one week later you will receive an email stating whether or not you moved on to a formal interview. They will start the interview with basic questions as well as mention that they want your answers in the STAR format.

Interview Questions

• Discuss a time you had to meet a deadline, how were you able to meet that deadline?   Answer Question
    • Discuss a time you had an angry or upset customer. How were you able to resolve the issue?   Answer Question
    • What do you know about Progressive?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work for Progressive?   Answer Question
    • What do you know about the role of a Claims Adjuster?   Answer Question
    • Discuss a time you had significant changes at work and how you were able to handle the changes   Answer Question
    • Discuss a time you were in a busy work environment. How were you able to succeed in this environment?   Answer Question

Medical Claims Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance (Jacksonville, FL) in May 2017.

Interview

It was a very intense process. Very thorough but lengthy process. Recruiter and interviewer we very friendly and engaging. Advice: study their website. Be knowledgeable about all aspects of the company

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you went above and beyond to complete a job.   Answer Question

Auto Claims Adjuster Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

Interview

I got to the phone interview. The recruiter was engaging, friendly and easy to talk to. It lasted about 30 minutes, beginning with a brief overview of work history and what did you like most/why did you leave questions. Then 4 situational STAR style questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to negotiate.

Tell me about a particularly difficult sale you had and how you responded.

Tell me about a time you had to deal with significant changes at work and how you reacted.

Tell me about a time you had multiple deadlines.   1 Answer