Progressive Insurance Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 15, 2017
1,313 Interview Reviews

3.3

Claims Adjuster Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance in October 2017.

Interview

In depth interview process. Progressive required two one hour online assessments, a background check, and a phone and in-office interview. The process went quickly between online assessments and interviews, then a decision was rendered in one week.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had to adapt to new or changing policies or procedures in the workplace.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mayfield Heights, Cuyahoga, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance (Mayfield Heights, Cuyahoga, OH) in October 2017.

Interview

The interview was over the phone, should have lasted 20-60 minutes depending on job experience. The woman kept me on the phone over an hour an a half, I answered every one of her STAR questions the way she had asked and still was unable to comprehend what I had said.

Interview Questions

• What was a time you were overwhelmed and how did you cope with it?   1 Answer

Claims Adjuster Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance in October 2017.

Interview

Passed all of the usual preliminary stuff. Invited for a phone interview and had to reschedule the initial appt, so was given a different recruiter. I don't know what the original recruiter would have been like, but the new one was not engaging and seemed very uninterested in the interview. She robotically read from a script and gave no reaction to my answers. From other reviews I've read on here, when the recruiter is like that you will almost definitely NOT be asked for an in person interview. She said I'd hear in a week, and more than two weeks later they sent me an email saying I wasn't chosen to proceed. Of course I think they made a mistake passing me over, but the job sounds pretty bad so I'm sure I'll find something better. I've since had two awesome interviews at other places where the people interviewing me were engaged, interested in what I had to say, and--gasp!-- even fun to talk to!

Overall I have the say that Progressive's interview process was worthwhile because it forced me to prepare for a lot of typical interview questions and that helped me with future interviews.

Interview Questions

• Prepare answers for all of the sample questions on their website. I was asked many of them and a few related extras.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Palm Beach, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance (West Palm Beach, FL) in October 2017.

Interview

You have to complete timed tests on how you might handle a situation. The questions were very vague and you had to put the 4 answers in order of least likely to most likely.

Interview Questions

• Imagine that you have an upset customer calling in, that is yelling and has already dealt with 2 other employees, how would you handle this customer?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance (Austin, TX) in October 2017.

Interview

10/11- Online application
    10/12- Online assessment, pretty typical and had some math questions.
    10/13- Received an email letting me know my assessment results were good enough for the next step.
    10/18- Received an email to schedule a 1hr phone interview
    10/23-phone interview, lasted about 45 minutes, the recruiter let me know that she wanted to go forward with me during that phone call. She scheduled a follow up call to talk about the in person interview and to set a date.

10/26- in person interview. We toured the office building and sat down for the interview. It was very simple and they wanted to know about customer relations and how I typically deal with customers.

11/6- Offer received.

Overall the interview process was pretty lengthy for my very low title of a CSR. However I understand that they would want to weed out individuals who won’t last through the process.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to deal with an angry customer   Answer Question

Auto Claim Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance (Austin, TX) in October 2017.

Interview

From the time of my first application to the offical offer it was just over a month 10/1 to 11/6. The entire process was very prompt the interviews were scheduled at 830 each day I was called or met promptly at 830

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you made a difficult sale   1 Answer

Interview

Testing. Phone interview 2 weeks. Phone interview to in person interview 1.5 week notification of job offer 1 week. Total process with start date 6.5 weeks. This was my 3rd in person interview. I had 2 employee recommendations this time. 4 letters of reccommendation. Several awards from my current employer. Studied all areas of their website. Followed all directions in email about interview process. Stayed upbeat and positive in all my answers. Showed I am human and pointed out the emotional reward of the position.

Interview Questions

• I was asked all of the questions on their website they suggest you read.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiated and accepted final offer above what I'd asked for. However it was still lower than my original expectation for the position.

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance.

Interview

After a screening interview on the telephone I was scheduled for a 3 hour onsite interview. At first I sat with a current employee and listened to her calls. The manager I was supposed to meet with in sales was absent and so I met with an HR rep. Secondly I met with a manager from customer care. Both of them followed a scripted list of questions with which they ask you answer using the STAR formula. They explain the formula on their website and it is not that difficult. The people were friendly and engaging and overall it was a nice experience.

Interview Questions

• Can you describe a time when you had a differing opinion than management and what did you do about it?   Answer Question
    • Tell me a time when you went above and beyond the expectations for your job?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Macon, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance (Macon, GA) in September 2017.

Interview

I submitted my application via Glassdoor link to their site and received a request for the assessment within about 24 hours. Within 3 business days I received an email to schedule my phone interview and was then moved on to the in person interview about a week later. I received a call from the recruiter to offer me the position about 3 days after that.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to de-escalate an angry customer.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a typical day in your current position. (To determine your ability to plan your day ahead).   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Corpus Christi, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance (Corpus Christi, TX) in September 2017.

Interview

The interview process was very thorough and detailed. Progressive certainly goes to great lengths to make sure they are hiring the best people. The entire hiring/interview process took about 2 weeks.
    Applied on 8/25
    Phone Interview with Recruiter 8/31
    In-person interview with Mgr 9/12
    Decision provided 9/19
    Once I was deemed to be a viable candidate by the recruiter I was required to submit quite a bit of information for my background check including all the addresses I lived at within the last 10 years, all education, and all employers.
    Important to note that even before you may be afforded an opportunity to speak with a recruiter you will be given two different online assessments.
    During my in-person interview with the manager I was advised that 90 people applied and they only decided to interview 3 of them. That being said I was advised that even if I am not selected please do not feel as if I am not qualified as all 3 of the candidates are but the one selected will who they feel is the best fit for the company. Both of the managers in my interview were very open and spoke candidly which I appreciated.

I did not end up getting selected but overall the interview process was very positive.

Interview Questions

• What did you least like about your most recent position?   Answer Question
    • Can you tell me about a time when you made a bad decision and how did you handle it?   Answer Question