Progressive Insurance Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 28, 2017
1,166 Interview Reviews

3.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riverview, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance (Riverview, FL) in March 2017.

Interview

I passed the online assessment and then went onto the phone interview but then received an email tonight saying I won't be moving forward which I cried about because I really wanted this job

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance in March 2017.

Interview

Long process, over a month. Applied online, took test, had phone interview, background check, interview with supervisor.. now awaiting offer. If you apply make sure you research how to interview using the STAR method

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when a customer was happy with your service   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance (Phoenix, AZ) in March 2017.

Interview

They are very thorough. They get back to you very quickly. There are many steps involved from submitting resume, and doing an assessment test, then a phone interview and hopefully the last step will be the personal interview.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Progressive?   1 Answer

Claims Adjuster Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance (Oklahoma City, OK) in March 2017.

Interview

Received email to do the test. It was fairly easy. Upon passing the test I got the invite to do the phone interview. After passing the phone interview I got the invite for the in person interview. Completed in person interview almost 2 weeks ago and have yet to hear anything about the final outcome.

Legal Assistant - PIP Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in March 2017.

Interview

3/15/17 - Applied for position
    3/16/17 - Received e-mail requesting phone interview
    3/17/17 - Completed telephonic interview and was told by the recruiter that he would forward my information over to the managers on site and that I would be hearing something from the on site manager letting me know if they would be bringing me in for a face to face interview or if this was the end of the road
    3/23/17 - Received e-mail from recruiter requesting a face to face interview
    3/27/17 - Received e-mail for background check; background check initiated
    3/30/17 - Completed on site interview (two one hour interviews)
    3/30/17 - Received a call from a recruiter advising that the interviewers loved me; however I lacked PIP experience. She stated that they are not turning me down for the position, but would like to interview other candidates with PIP experience, and asked if I would be interested in a Legal Assistant position in Palm Beach or an Administrative Position in FTL. Recruiter then advised that I am in limbo right now, and mentioned that I should hear back from her within 1-2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to deal with a complex problem, and what methods did you use to solve the problem.   Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mayfield Heights, Cuyahoga, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance (Mayfield Heights, Cuyahoga, OH) in March 2017.

Interview

1 telephone interview then on they flew me for an on site interview at Headquarters in Ohio. Questions were all from the STAR method and it was a very relaxed sort of environment.

Interview Questions

• All questions are from the STAR method   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Riverview, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance (Riverview, FL) in March 2017.

Interview

Applied online, was contacted to complete the assessment, moved forward to phone interview, nailed the phone interview and went to f2f and background checks. Waited about two weeks to hear back with the offer because the spot I interviewed for filled but they still wanted to offer me a position. They hired me for an Online Consultant position.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to compromise with a coworker or customer   Answer Question

Claims Adjuster Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance in March 2017.

Interview

I applied for the position through Indeed.com. Within 24 hours I received an online test and passed. I was sent an email the same day to set up a telephone interview, which I scheduled for that Friday (3 days later). The phone interview was with an amazing recruiter who really made me feel comfortable. The STAR questions were a little more difficult, but not too bad. At the end of the phone call she told me that I would be getting passed on for an on-site interview. I received the background and clearance portion to complete on Monday, and that process took about 5 days. It has now bee almost two weeks of waiting to hear back about an on-site, however I was told that the manager who conducts these at the SC branch was no longer with the company and that we were just waiting on scheduling.

Interview Questions

• Tell me what you know about Progressive.   1 Answer

Progressive Insurance Response

Apr 12, 2017 – Marketing Specialist III

Hi there - If you still haven't heard back please feel free to contact us at careers@progressive.com and we can help look into this for you. Best, A.Y., Progressive Recruiting

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance in March 2017.

Interview

I had to complete a pre-employment assessment. After I passed the assessment, I had a 40 min phone interview with the I.T. manager, which consisted of reviewing my resume and her asking S.T.A.R. questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a difficult project/problem and how you solved it.   Answer Question

Claims Adjuster Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anaheim, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance (Anaheim, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

A very long process still waiting to hear. :(
    3/25 - Applied
    4/2- assessment/ passed 4/4
    4/6- phone interview
    4/14 - interview face to face.
    4/17- background check cleared

I'm still waiting to hear back (4/24). I was told I will hear by this Friday. I have a lot of insurance experience in another area but not in this arena. I hope to hear back soon either way. If anybody has feedback please let me know.

I'm not comfortable with the length of time. I've been in financial services in the past but I felt this company asked for much more with the background check than with those folks who work with banks or mutual funds. I'm not sure if that is totally necessary for this type of position. I am left feeling anxious as I have never been through an interview process like this.