Progressive Insurance Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 28, 2017
1,166 Interview Reviews

3.3

Lead Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance.

Interview

I received an automated message asking me to complete a pre-employment assessment, which is completely online and is mostly asking questions of the type: "Rate how well this describes you" or "Rate your agreement with the following statements" as well as a few critical thinking/pattern recognition questions. I completed it fairly quickly and didn't find it difficult, but I didn't understand how critical it was for screening candidates and that, in hindisght, I should have chosen the obvious answers instead of the honest ones.

The next dayI received an email saying that "results don’t indicate a strong enough match for the requirements of the position." No other explanation given or other chances to qualify.

I feel that this is a very poor way to screen candidates for a number of reasons: (1) you don't get a chance to explain any of your answers, and with the "soft" questions there are definitely many "it depends" sort of situations, which of course is not an option; (2) I answered honestly based on my current experience, and I think that is sometimes reflected poorly in the assessment (e.g. when questions asked me whether or not I'm smarter than my coworkers - I work with VERY intelligent people now, and I think I'm also pretty intelligent, but it's a difficult question to answer honestly); (3) Many of the questions are irrelevant to the position I applied; (4) I do not feel that the questions reliably filter out "bad" candidates, or at least there are a lot of false negative (filtering our "good" candidates) - I would need strong evidence to convince me otherwise; and (5) they provide ZERO feedback on why the decision was made.

Because it's an automated decision, the assessment encourages and favors dishonesty and "gaming the system" over honest answers and technical ability. I felt that being eliminated from consideration in this way is an insult to my experience and intelligence. I firmly believed that I am more than qualified for the position based on both my technical and "soft" skills, and while I understand that a number of factors go into making this decision, I would have preferred to have been evaluated by a human being than by an automated assessment that has no way to assess a person's real value and potential. If I had known that this is the way they use the assessment, I would have answered differently - I put a lot of "netural" answers with the expectation that I may be able to explain my answers later. This pre-employment assessment has cast Progressive in a very negative light for me, so perhaps I dodged a bullet.

My advice to anyone taking the assessment: if you're somewhat technically inclined, you'll do fine on the technical questions. For the rest, choose the obviously "right" one, even if you disagree with the theory on that topic, or if it doesn't quite describe you, or if you believe like me that "it depends".

Interview Questions

• Which of the following are effective strategies for getting results (Very Ineffective, Somewhat Ineffective, Neither Effective Nor Ineffective, Somewhat Effective, Very Effective)   Answer Question

Progressive Claim Adjuster Trainee Interview

Interview

Was invited to take pre-assessment exam online. Exam had math and behavior questions. Was not difficult. Was able to pass it and am now waiting for phone interview. Will update once phone interview is done.

Claims Adjuster Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Very detailed and in depth interview, however, i can definitely see why it is is necessary. I was extremely nervous. Progressive is an amazing company that I would have LOVED to be a part of. They ask about 4-5 STAR format questions on both the phone interview and the in person interview. Unlike me, try to relax and stay on topic for the question as much as possible. Overall it was a very positive experience

Interview Questions

• Name a time you were very satisfied and very dissatisfied at your job   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance (Columbus, OH).

Interview

I applied to this position on 12/24 and I received notice to complete the online assessment on 1/14/2016. There is a math portion but it's basic stuff. The hardest part to me was the personality and behavioral questions. It is timed and you cannot go back and check answers so make sure you take the time you need on each section. I received notification on 1/16 that my score wasn't strong enough to move forward.

Interview Questions

• You are a part of a team project rank the following characteristics from least like you to most like you   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mayfield, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance (Mayfield, OH) in February 2017.

Interview

It was easy smooth from phone interview to personal interview, it took around 1.5 hours for each interview, just be prepared for a lot of questions about your owns business life

Claims Adjuster Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance in February 2017.

Interview

STAR format questions. You can find these online on their website, they ask almost the same exact questions. Also, make sure you do your research about the company. They will ask you what you know about Progressive so make sure to do your homework on the company.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell me a time you had multiple projects due at the same time how did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • What do you know about Progressive?   Answer Question
    • Name a time you dealt with an unhappy customer.   Answer Question
    • Describe a situation in which you were able to convince someone to see things your way.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance.

Interview

Awesome experience looking forward to completing the process. Every was so positive and courteous. Felt very comfortable. It was more of a conversation than just a normal interview yet still very professional. Wonderful company!

Claims Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mayfield Heights, Cuyahoga, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance (Mayfield Heights, Cuyahoga, OH) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied 1/23
    Received email for assessment 1/23
    Phone interview 1/27
    Onsite interview 1/30
    Received email stating the interview went well and they were waiting on my background check I would hear from them within two weeks.
    Today is the two wk date mark. I thought things went very well but not hearing from them makes me wonder otherwise. Interview process long but understandable when applying for a huge corporation like Progressive. Phone Interview was based on the STAR format, Onsite interview was very informative and they asked almost the exact same questions as they list on their site. Gentleman was very professional and very nice, asked me if I thought I could handle the job, most definitely. I thought I for sure had it walking out. No communication since. Will update if I hear anything

Interview Questions

• Talk about an experience where you had to go above and beyond your normal job duties?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance (Dallas, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

Applies online, assessment sent, phone interview, just received the email to do background check and in person interview. I haven't had my in person interview but I'm sure I will nail it!

Claims Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance.

Interview

You'll be asked to give examples of how you handled situations and expected to give complete examples from beginning to end. Be sure to have examples ready beforehand and be able to explain how the situation came to be, what you did to fix it and what the outcome was.