Progressive Insurance Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Progressive Insurance Interview Questions

Updated Dec 7, 2017
1,310 Interview Reviews

3.3

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance in September 2017.

Interview

8/31/17 Sent in application
    9/1/17 Was sent link to take online assessment test
    9/5/17 Received an email saying I had passed the assessment test
    9/6/17 Was emailed to set up phone interview
    9/11/17 Had phone interview, was asked to have in person interview after, sent in background check info
    9/13/17 In person interview
    9/14/17 Called and let me know they are going to offer a position but they are waiting on the background check to come back to make it official

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance (Rancho Cordova, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

Phone interview: Sept 21
    Spanish Phone Test: Sept 25
    Face-to-face: Sept 25
    Offer Letter: Sept 27

The hiring process was simple. Had my phone interview on sept 21 and it went great! The woman I interviewed with was super friendly which made it easy to connect and not be as anxious. After the interview, I received a call the next day to set up my face to face. The bilingual test was emailed to me. I did not choose when. The bilingual test was simple, as well. They email you a time and phone number you need to dial at the time they schedule you for. The person who you talk to talks to you in the other language. They are very monotone and do not interact with you. I thought I failed but they just want to know you can response back. So don’t be scared. My face to face was the same day. The supervisor I interviewed with was so nice! I loved her! After talking to her for about 45min, I sat with a rep and was able to listen to a call. After the interviews were done, I received a call two days later with an offer letter.

Auto Claim Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance (Austin, TX) in September 2017.

Interview

I applied online at the beginning of September and received an email to complete an online pre-employment assessment test. If you pass that, then you receive an email stating you qualified to have your application reviewed further and you'll receive a call or email within a few weeks. I received that email Sept 15. The same day I was emailed with a request for a phone interview. You schedule it online and they call you at that time. Mine was scheduled for Sept 21. The phone interview was about thirty minutes and asked the standard "Tell me about a time...". Example questions are found on their job page and they're pretty similar; I didn't feel like I was thrown a curve ball or anything crazy. They use the STAR method so vague answers won't cut it. I recommend preparing by recalling several previous work experiences and how you solved/went through them. We wrapped up the phone interview by the recruiter stating they would like to proceed and if I could come in for an in-person interview. They also sent a request for background check at that time. That interview was scheduled for Sept 27, it lasted about an hour. The questions are similar to phone interview but definitely more in depth. The recruiter called the next day with an offer. The process in total took less than a month but would have been even shorter if I had not waited to take assessment and complete the background check questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you felt overwhelmed and describe how you handled it.   Answer Question

Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance in September 2017.

Interview

The assesements for the application were kind of long. Other than that the phone interview and the in person interview was not to difficult. They asked simliar questions for both the in person and the phone interview

Public Assistance Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance (Tampa, FL) in September 2017.

Interview

Dermination for assitance for the Food For Florida. After passing the back ground test and sending a resume, I was for an interview. I was evaluated for my ability to determine food stamp benifits for people effected by hurricane irma.

Interview Questions

• What counties are you willing to worK?   1 Answer

Claims Adjuster Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance in August 2017.

Interview

Applied-Aug 7th 2017
    First Assessment Request- Aug 7th 2017
    Second Assessment Request-Aug 8th 2017
    Request for Phone Interview- Aug 8th 2017
    Phone Interview Date-Aug 11th 2017
    Awaiting to get results back to either move on or schedule in person interview as of Aug 14th 2017. Was told i would hear by Aug 16th.

The process for Progressive is the longest i have been in so far. Ive read other peoples time lines and was about a month. I'm at the 1 week mark. I still have the in person interview and the background check to do to see if i even get an offer for the job. The women i interviewed with was from South Carolina I believe and was very friendly. She could tell i was a little nervous. Talked about what entails in the interview. First was conversation about my employment history and why i wanted to work for Progressive. Then got into the STAR questions. Made sure to answer every part of the question and reiterated just in case she missed anything. It definitly seams like they are trying to see if you would be a good fit for the position instead of just throwing people in there hoping they can learn. Went over pay, training which is 2 weeks in office, 2 weeks in Ohio(they pay for everything she said) and then a few more weeks of training. In total she said it was 3 months worth. At the beginning of the 4th month you are moved to your own desk and given a few claims to go over. You also get paired with 2 mentors which will help you through out everything. In total we spent a half hour talking. I honestly dont think i will be moving forward in the process but if I do, I will update later.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a situation where you had an upset customer. What did you do and what was the end result.   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time that you had to implement a new procedure. How quickly did it have to be implemented?   1 Answer

Claims Adjuster Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance in August 2017.

Interview

The hiring process with this company is one big joke. First you're required to take two hour long tests, all in the name of seeing if you "qualify" to work for Progressive. The tests consist of basic math, real life scenarios, personality questions, etc. I had passed both tests and received an email stating that I had received qualifying results and would be contacted soon.

A few days pass and I hear nothing from the Progressive recruiters. I open my email shortly after to basically tell me that I would not go through to the next steps. This literally makes no sense, considering when people have passed both tests to receive an interview. How can a company make a determination to cut applicants when they've not only passed the company's assessment, but haven't even had the opportunity to interview face to face with company representatives. This doesn't give applicants the chance to really show off their knowledge, personality, achievements, or work ethic whatsoever. There's also the fact that two hours of an individual's time is now wasted on a test that doesn't define how somebody works, thinks, or acts. This company's hiring process is a complete and utter joke.

Interview Questions

• Wasn't given the opportunity to be asked any questions.   1 Answer

Payment Processor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance (Orlando, FL).

Interview

Phone interview, one on one. It was the STAR approach, tell scenerios from beginning middle and end results. Has to be very descriptive but straight yo the point with an end result of how you handled the situations. So if you do apply please have readily available day to day examples of what you do on the job.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when a teammate didn't handle a situation the way you thought they should have   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance (Tempe, AZ) in August 2017.

Interview

I found out after the fact that Progressive employs Randstad to conduct their phone interviews. After 2 online assessment tests (each one about an hour) you will receive an email for a phone interview. The phone interview was going alright until I asked about the company culture. The phone interviewer gave the false impression that they were a progressive employee. After that question the interview was abruptly ended. I though it was odd until I received a rejection email and surprise, the interviewer had a Randstadsourceright.com email. I would rather work for a company that has their own resources to conduct interviews, so when I have questions about the company it comes from an employee rather than a 3rd party. Had I known I would be speaking to a 3rd party I would have declined the phone interview. I want to work for a company that is invested in its employees (future and current) rather than one that cannot be bothered to handle the hiring process itself.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance (Madison, WI).

Interview

I applied for the position online, was then sent an online assessment and completed it, got a phone interview, drove two hours for an in person interview, completed background check (in which they wanted college transcripts and a complete work history from the last five years of employment), and then they called me to tell me that I wasn't getting an offer. After all of that, it was highly disheartening to not get an offer. It's a rigorous application process and I can't believe I went through all of it for nothing.

Interview Questions

• Name an instance where you were dissatisfied with your job and what did you do to rectify it.   Answer Question