Progressive Insurance Interview Questions in Mayfield Heights, Cuyahoga, OH | Glassdoor

Progressive Insurance Interview Questions in Mayfield Heights, Cuyahoga, OH

Updated Jul 26, 2017

3.5

41 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Mayfield Heights, Cuyahoga, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance (Mayfield Heights, Cuyahoga, OH) in June 2017.

Interview

The application was a standard application with an assessment test. After you pass the assessment you have a phone interview. Phone interview last awhile. Make sure you do research on the company. Then I had my onsite interview which lasted about a hour. Study the interview tips they have on the website to know how to answer their questions. Also the managers love complex answers

Interview Questions

• What steps did you take to calm a customer down and what was the outcome   Answer Question

Lead Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mayfield Heights, Cuyahoga, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance (Mayfield Heights, Cuyahoga, OH) in May 2017.

Interview

Nightmare scenario. Job description didn't match what they were looking for. I had the skills needed for what they were looking for, but was then told no one was hired for the position because none of the candidates had experience working with a company of Progressive's size. The funny part is, I had experience working with companies larger than Progressive. Interview process dragged out for months, with the recruiter continually apologizing about how unprofessional the process was. There were data integrations about candidates on multiple days where they kept slimming down the list of potential prospects. Ultimately I was told no one would be hired for the position. A complete waste of 40 hours of my interview and follow up time with no result for anyone. The company clearly had no idea what they were looking for, and just seemed to have an open requisition to try and fill.

Interview Questions

• Absurd situational questions about how I reacted to various events in the past. The events had nothing to do with the position I was interviewing for. Two interviewers out of four asked more about my hobbies and other places I worked and what that was like.   1 Answer

Claims Support Specialist Interview

Application

Interview

I applied on the website, there was no assessment required for this position. Approx a week after applying, i was emailed to schedule a phone interview. It was very formal. Right after the interview, which I was feeling very questionable about, I received the information from HireRight for a background check. Two days after the phone interview the recruiter called to invite me to a face-to-face interview. I thought this went well, but the atmosphere was very isolated, and I wasn't sure how comfortable I would be working there, so it was no huge disappointment when I received an email saying I was not selected for the position.

Interview Questions

• Why should we hire you? What do you know about Progressive? Tell us about a time when you had a disagreement with a coworker and how did you resolve it. Tell us about a time when a supervisor gave you a performance review that you didn't agree with. Tell us about a time you went above and beyond to help the customer. Tell us about a time when you had to learn a difficult system.   Answer Question

IT Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mayfield Heights, Cuyahoga, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance (Mayfield Heights, Cuyahoga, OH) in April 2017.

Interview

Very behavioral, by getting to the interview process they've already assumed you know how to code or enough about technology to perform any job asked of you in the position, so interviews focus on past behavior as a predictor for future behavior.

Interview Questions

• Recall a time when you had a hard time balancing responsibilities. What did you do to handle it and what was the outcome?   1 Answer

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mayfield Heights, Cuyahoga, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance (Mayfield Heights, Cuyahoga, OH) in March 2017.

Interview

1 telephone interview then on they flew me for an on site interview at Headquarters in Ohio. Questions were all from the STAR method and it was a very relaxed sort of environment.

Interview Questions

• All questions are from the STAR method   1 Answer

Claims Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mayfield Heights, Cuyahoga, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance (Mayfield Heights, Cuyahoga, OH) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied 1/23
    Received email for assessment 1/23
    Phone interview 1/27
    Onsite interview 1/30
    Received email stating the interview went well and they were waiting on my background check I would hear from them within two weeks.
    Today is the two wk date mark. I thought things went very well but not hearing from them makes me wonder otherwise. Interview process long but understandable when applying for a huge corporation like Progressive. Phone Interview was based on the STAR format, Onsite interview was very informative and they asked almost the exact same questions as they list on their site. Gentleman was very professional and very nice, asked me if I thought I could handle the job, most definitely. I thought I for sure had it walking out. No communication since. Will update if I hear anything

Interview Questions

• Talk about an experience where you had to go above and beyond your normal job duties?   Answer Question

Various Human Resources Positions Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mayfield Heights, Cuyahoga, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance (Mayfield Heights, Cuyahoga, OH) in February 2017.

Interview

In order for your resume to get past the screening filters you have to match every possible key word. The HR takes their time and waits till they have enough resumes to meet their KPI's before they start looking at resumes. They are very slow in their process and if you don't answer the questions in the format they expect or play their games you won't get very far. When you call for feedback most likely you will have to play phone tag for a while until you can speak to someone who can give you feedback. Seems like the HR staff have been there for years and have been doing things the same way the entire time as the style and process is slow. I never felt valued during the process and just felt like another number. However I'm comparing this to my interview with Google which is much more efficient and positive.

Interview Questions

• What objectives were you expected to meet this year what steps did you take to make sure you made progress on all of them   1 Answer
    • When others are unexpectedly absent it can disrupt progress of work tell me about a time this happened to you   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mayfield Heights, Cuyahoga, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance (Mayfield Heights, Cuyahoga, OH) in May 2016.

Interview

The interview process is very drawn out. I applied online, and a week later i was contacted to complete their assessment. After I completed the assessment, I was contacted by email to go online and pick a date for a phone interview. I was told that I would receive a face to face interview, and I should look out for an email about my background check. She scheduled the interview for two weeks out. I completed the face to face interview which was with 2 people. They face to face interview was very lengthy. A Recruiter reached out to me two days later.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to offer a customer a product or service that would fit their needs? How did you know to offer that product? Outcome?   Answer Question

Claims Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mayfield Heights, Cuyahoga, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance (Mayfield Heights, Cuyahoga, OH) in March 2016.

Interview

Hiring process is simple and straightforward you can successfully complete the interviews just by holding to the STAR format. This process of answering behavior based questions doesn't actually allow for a true explanation of the skills you bring to the company but instead places emphasis on your ability to tell a story based on a method of answering questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where your solution differed from your customers and, how did you bring them around to your point of view?   Answer Question

Overall the company seems to be an excellent place to work but, in doing due diligence I have found that staying at my current employer serves my career better.

Anonymous Employee in Mayfield Heights, Cuyahoga, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance (Mayfield Heights, Cuyahoga, OH) in October 2015.

Interview

The hiring process at progressive is daunting to say the least. That is only because progressive wants to make sure they hire the best. I applied on 10/5/15 and received an email an email to take the assessment on 10/6 I did and it was not to horrible in my opinion. Got an email the next day saying a I passed and to log into the website to set up my phone interview I set one up for a few days later as to give me time to learn everything I could about Progressive. The phone interview lasted about 30-40 minutes (make sure you answer in S.T.A.R format (Situation, Task, Action, and Result). all were behavioral based questions. Immediately following the interview she set up a f2f interview for a week later.(Take this time to look up behavioral based questions so you can have you situations ready and you are prepared. The f2f interview was 3 hours first i sat with a wonderful gentlemen who was very engaging and kind this lasted about an hour . Next i sat with a seasoned rep and listened in on some calls for about 45 minutes. Next another interviewer came and got me and more behavioral based questions. again super nice and engaging. The process is long but is worth the effort. If your not willing to put in the effort on the interview maybe this is not the job for you anyway.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you were faced with a unhappy customer at work? what was it? and how did you handle it?   Answer Question