Progressive Insurance Interview Questions in Mayfield Heights, Cuyahoga, OH | Glassdoor

Progressive Insurance Interview Questions in Mayfield Heights, Cuyahoga, OH

Updated Mar 22, 2017

3.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mayfield Heights, Cuyahoga, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance (Mayfield Heights, Cuyahoga, OH) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied 1/23
    Received email for assessment 1/23
    Phone interview 1/27
    Onsite interview 1/30
    Received email stating the interview went well and they were waiting on my background check I would hear from them within two weeks.
    Today is the two wk date mark. I thought things went very well but not hearing from them makes me wonder otherwise. Interview process long but understandable when applying for a huge corporation like Progressive. Phone Interview was based on the STAR format, Onsite interview was very informative and they asked almost the exact same questions as they list on their site. Gentleman was very professional and very nice, asked me if I thought I could handle the job, most definitely. I thought I for sure had it walking out. No communication since. Will update if I hear anything

Interview Questions

• Talk about an experience where you had to go above and beyond your normal job duties?   Answer Question

Various Human Resources Positions Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mayfield Heights, Cuyahoga, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance (Mayfield Heights, Cuyahoga, OH) in February 2017.

Interview

In order for your resume to get past the screening filters you have to match every possible key word. The HR takes their time and waits till they have enough resumes to meet their KPI's before they start looking at resumes. They are very slow in their process and if you don't answer the questions in the format they expect or play their games you won't get very far. When you call for feedback most likely you will have to play phone tag for a while until you can speak to someone who can give you feedback. Seems like the HR staff have been there for years and have been doing things the same way the entire time as the style and process is slow. I never felt valued during the process and just felt like another number. However I'm comparing this to my interview with Google which is much more efficient and positive.

Interview Questions

• What objectives were you expected to meet this year what steps did you take to make sure you made progress on all of them   Answer Question
    • When others are unexpectedly absent it can disrupt progress of work tell me about a time this happened to you   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mayfield Heights, Cuyahoga, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance (Mayfield Heights, Cuyahoga, OH) in May 2016.

Interview

The interview process is very drawn out. I applied online, and a week later i was contacted to complete their assessment. After I completed the assessment, I was contacted by email to go online and pick a date for a phone interview. I was told that I would receive a face to face interview, and I should look out for an email about my background check. She scheduled the interview for two weeks out. I completed the face to face interview which was with 2 people. They face to face interview was very lengthy. A Recruiter reached out to me two days later.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to offer a customer a product or service that would fit their needs? How did you know to offer that product? Outcome?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mayfield Heights, Cuyahoga, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance (Mayfield Heights, Cuyahoga, OH) in March 2016.

Interview

Hiring process is simple and straightforward you can successfully complete the interviews just by holding to the STAR format. This process of answering behavior based questions doesn't actually allow for a true explanation of the skills you bring to the company but instead places emphasis on your ability to tell a story based on a method of answering questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where your solution differed from your customers and, how did you bring them around to your point of view?   Answer Question

Overall the company seems to be an excellent place to work but, in doing due diligence I have found that staying at my current employer serves my career better.

Anonymous Employee in Mayfield Heights, Cuyahoga, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance (Mayfield Heights, Cuyahoga, OH) in October 2015.

Interview

The hiring process at progressive is daunting to say the least. That is only because progressive wants to make sure they hire the best. I applied on 10/5/15 and received an email an email to take the assessment on 10/6 I did and it was not to horrible in my opinion. Got an email the next day saying a I passed and to log into the website to set up my phone interview I set one up for a few days later as to give me time to learn everything I could about Progressive. The phone interview lasted about 30-40 minutes (make sure you answer in S.T.A.R format (Situation, Task, Action, and Result). all were behavioral based questions. Immediately following the interview she set up a f2f interview for a week later.(Take this time to look up behavioral based questions so you can have you situations ready and you are prepared. The f2f interview was 3 hours first i sat with a wonderful gentlemen who was very engaging and kind this lasted about an hour . Next i sat with a seasoned rep and listened in on some calls for about 45 minutes. Next another interviewer came and got me and more behavioral based questions. again super nice and engaging. The process is long but is worth the effort. If your not willing to put in the effort on the interview maybe this is not the job for you anyway.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you were faced with a unhappy customer at work? what was it? and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mayfield Heights, Cuyahoga, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance (Mayfield Heights, Cuyahoga, OH) in October 2015.

Interview

Two different people ask you questions and you answer with your experiences from the passed. They focus too much on how you answer the question, rather than if you can really do the job. Just because you come up with good stories does not mean your a great employee.

Interview Questions

• When was a time you disagreed with your boss and what did you do about it.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mayfield Heights, Cuyahoga, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance (Mayfield Heights, Cuyahoga, OH) in June 2015.

Interview

It was an exstensive tour and interviewing process only to be not hired. I think they coukd cut out some of the extra jargon and save a lot of time and money to be honest.

Interview Questions

• Specific examples of situations handled in the past.   1 Answer

Human Resource Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mayfield Heights, Cuyahoga, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance (Mayfield Heights, Cuyahoga, OH) in May 2015.

Interview

Met with two company representatives who ask a series of behavior interview questions. These are asked and requested for a response on a Situation, a Task, an Action, and Result.

Interview Questions

• What area in that you may have felt overwhelmed and how did you overcome?   1 Answer

Customer Service Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mayfield Heights, Cuyahoga, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance (Mayfield Heights, Cuyahoga, OH) in May 2015.

Interview

Online application and skills test to start. If you pass that, they set up a phone interview, then on site face to face with two managers, and a side by side experience with a consultant where you listen in on their calls and watched him them navigate the system. Interview questions were behavioral based.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you had to deal with a difficult situation   Answer Question

Claims Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mayfield Heights, Cuyahoga, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance (Mayfield Heights, Cuyahoga, OH) in January 2015.

Interview

You start by applying online then if selected they will contact you and send you an online assessment to take. Next step will be setting up a phone interview. The phone interview person was so helpful, I had originally applied for a claims adjuster position; however, at the end I asked her if there was any concerns she had with the interview or any advice she could give me. She said I did wonderfully in the interview process but she was nervous to put me in the position without having any call center experience. She then told me there was a claims customer service rep position that would be perfect for me, a job I had also applied for. She was able to allocate me to the necessary area for the position and then set me up for an in person interview. you are interviewed in person by two managers who play good cop/bad cop but are both fairly nice. After that they contacted me with an offer about a week later!

Interview Questions

• The basics, but one that struck me was "tell me a time you came across a difficult co-worker and how you dealt with it".   1 Answer