KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Engaged Employer

Add an Interview

Progressive Insurance Medical Claims Representative Interview Questions

Updated Sep 1, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 35 of over 2,406.0 interviews

Employee Referral13%
3.4
HardAverageEasy

Progressive Insurance

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance in Jul 2021

Interview

After applying, you are sent an assessment test that also includes a mock simulation. If you pass this test, you are invited to a self recorded interview that includes 8 behavioral based questions that must be answered in the STAR format. Your recruiter will review this interview and then schedule you for an interview with a hiring manager. The interview with the hiring manager is similar to the self recorded interview, with more behavioral questions. I was told I would hear back within a week after my interview with the hiring manager but I never did, even after sending 2 follow up emails. A very long and drawn out process.

Interview Questions
  • Why Progressive? Tell me about a time a customer told you no and you changed their mind to yes. Tell me about a time you exceeded a customers expectations. Tell me about a mistake you made and how you fixed it. Tell me about a time you received difficult or constructive feedback and what you did with that feedback. Tell me about a time you were overwhelmed by a difficult change - how did you remain accountable for your work? Tell me about a time you had to adapt to substantial change at work. Tell me about a time you had to make a decision quickly but were faced with conflicting information.
    Answer Question
5 people found this interview helpful

Progressive Insurance

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance in May 2021

Interview

Progressive definitely challenges you throughout the course of these interviews - You have to pass the initial resume / CV check, take a 50 minute assessment quizzing you on basic vocabulary and math questions, complete a mock call center simulation, film yourself doing a video interview (using the STAR interviewing format) and if you pass all of THESE steps you get a final one-on-one interview! I’ve seen posts that some of the interviews are group panels, however I had a one-on-one. The entire process lasts about 3 weeks and is vigorous: it’s not for the faint of heart and they definitely pick and choose the best of the best by throwing all of these obstacles your way! If you’re determined and put in the work you should be able to pass with flying colors and receive an offer. Update: I received my offer (not for medical but general claims rep!) YAY! I am so incredibly excited to start!

Interview Questions
  • Describe a time when you solved a problem for someone in a way that exceeded their expectations. Please describe the situation, how you responded, and the results. How did you know what would exceed their expectations?
2 people found this interview helpful