Cover image for Progressive Insurance

Engaged Employer

Add an Interview

Progressive Insurance Medical Claims Representative Trainee Interview Questions

Updated Jan 6, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 7 of over 2.4K interviews

Other14%
3.3
HardAverageEasy

Progressive Insurance

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance in Jan 2022

Interview

I applied to work for Progressive on January 4th, 2021. That same day, I was invited to take the pre-employment assessment. The very next morning, I was invited to take a recorded interview through HireVue. I was very excited. Upon reading other reviews, everyone said how important it was/is to study for their behavioral based question. There were 8 on the recording. You get two attempts and initially only 30 seconds to prepare to answer. You have to answer them in STAR format. They want you to tell them a story. I must say I did my recording the day it was accessible to me. I was super eager. I've watched videos and read the reviews. But nothing truly prepares you for the questions being asked. There were questions that asked about things I had never experienced. So, I had to create a story on the fly. It was truly difficult and complex. Today, January 6th, I received an email saying I was not selected. It was definitely a bummer. But I accept the things I can't change. I'm not sure if I'll apply again. My hopes were super high that I received two emails saying congratulations, then to end up being turned down truly sucks. I think that even if I would have applied myself more, it wouldn't had mattered as the questions did not coincide with any of my job experiences. They told me to apply again in 6 months. Probably will. Probably won't. Good luck to everyone trying though! My process was fairly quick. At least they didn't waste my time! Jan 4th- Applied Jan 4th- Invite to take assessment Jan 5th- Invite to take Hirevue interview Jan 5th- Took HireVue interview Jan 6th- No offer

1 person found this interview helpful

Progressive Insurance

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance in Mar 2021

Interview

Impersonal and conducted through a third party company. Series of questions that were unrelated to the questions found on Progressives website. While interviewing, you will be asked to answer the questions within three minutes. If you’re not satisfied with your first attempt at answering, you may record a second and last time. You will not have the option to choose if you happen to like your first response and the second recording is submitted.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time you had to gather information and where did you gather it from? How did you apply your findings?
    1 Answer

What people are saying about Progressive Insurance

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

Progressive Insurance

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance in Dec 2020

Interview

I received an email to do an online test within 5 days. After passing the assessment test was I received an email to record prerecorded answers online within 7 days.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plymouth, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance (Plymouth, MI) in Mar 2018

Interview

A few days after I applied online with my employee referral, Progressive emailed me an online skills test that took about 45 minutes to complete. 3-4 days later they emailed another one, which took another 45 minutes. I had no idea, really, how I had performed on these tests because there wasn't any feedback on them and I had no idea what they were looking for. After that, it was radio silence for 2.5 weeks. I heard nothing from the company during that time. I assumed I hadn't passed. Finally, I was contacted to schedule a phone interview, of which there were no openings closer than a week away. I was impressed that they offered some suggestions on how to prep for the phone interview in their email. The phone interview lasted about a half hour. The woman I spoke with was very polite, but I wouldn't call her "nice". She didn't make me feel at ease, but she wasn't rude to me either, which was fine. She asked some perfunctory questions about my current job, what my understanding of the job posting was, and some customer service related questions. After that she told me I'd hear back "soon". Soon turned out to be another two weeks, when someone called me to schedule an in-person interview later that week. Around the same time I was contacted by their background check company to start the process of my background check, which I did. I interviewed with two managers who were both very nice. I will say that my in-person interview experience was great. The two men who interviewed me made me feel very comfortable and it felt like we were having a conversation. They told me about themselves, their experience with the company and the format of the interview. They asked 5 questions and I was required to use the STAR format with my answers. I felt that the interview went very well, and I left feeling relatively confident. I was told it would take two weeks to hear back from them. I was disappointed when I got a rejection email yesterday. My experience overall was very neutral. The in-person interview went well and the two men were nice, the woman on the phone was so-so but still seemed like an okay person. My overall impression of the interview process with Progressive wasn't very impressive. I felt waiting that long between each interview for feedback, with no one to contact, was frustrating. I also felt like the two skills tests that took up almost two hours of my free time was excessive. I'm also unhappy that I started the background check process with no job offer. Now a company has all of my personal information, including SSN, for no reason.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time when you really hated your current job, and how did you handle it?
  • Why Progressive?
  • Tell me about a time when you were really overwhelmed with work and knew you couldn't finish, and how did you handle it?
3 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Marlton, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance (Marlton, NJ) in Dec 2017

Interview

The interview process took about 3 weeks. I was referred by a current Progressive employee. I was emailed a preliminary test shortly after I submitted my application. Once I passed that test, I received another test that consisted of basic logic/personality/customer service questions. I received an email less than 24 hours later that I passed the tests and a recruiter would be in contact. The recruiter emailed me to schedule an in-person interview. They asked situational questions that required you to draw from your previous experiences; they specified that they did not have to be strictly work experiences. I interviewed with two different managers and each interview was about an hour long. Some of the questions were tricky and really required me to jog my memory. The decision took about 9 days, but eventually the recruiter contacted me to inform me that they would like to extend and offer of employment pending I passed the background check. After 2 days, the recruiter said that my check was clear and they extended the offer that I accepted. Overall, it was a positive interview/hiring experience. I am very excited to begin my career with Progressive.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance (Orlando, FL) in Jul 2016

Interview

The interview process was long. Applied online: 6/3/16 Completed Assessment: 6/6/16 Phone Interview Request: 6/6/16 Completed Phone Interview: 6/9/16 Phone Interview passed and request for background check: 6/9/16 Background Check Completed 6/20/16 Request for Manager Interview 6/24/16 Interview with Manager: 7/14/16 Call from recruiter with job offer: 7/20/16

Interview Questions
  • 1. Tell me about a time when a customer/client made what you considered to be an unreasonable request. How did you handle the situation?
  • Tell me a time when you've had a difficult activity presented to you and solved it with creative thinking.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance (Pittsburgh, PA) in Jul 2016

Interview

Applied online, asked to do online questionnaire, then told Progressive wanted to do a phone interview. Saw that they apply the STAR interview process. Prepared for the list of possible questions. Instead the recruiter wanted to know why I wanted to work for Progressive, what did I know about the company, why did I want that position. Basically only 2 STAR questions and were not on their list! She really did not want me to go over my skills and experiences that would apply to the position I applied for. It was very disappointing. Got an email a week later letting me know that they would not be moving forward with my application process. I guess not - recruiter did not seem to want to know if I was a viable candidate for the position.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
RSS Feed
</>Embed

Popular Careers with Progressive Insurance Job Seekers

JobsSalariesInterviews

Work at Progressive Insurance? Share Your Experiences

Progressive Insurance logo

Progressive Insurance Careers

Cover image for Progressive Insurance

Reality check: Most people don’t grow up dreaming about a job in insurance. We certainly didn’t, but then we got here and realized...More

• Our work culture
  • Data and Analytics
  • Technology
  • Claims

Company Updates

Logo

89 days ago

Company News
Wow, what an amazing honor. Progressive was named Forbes Best Employer for Diversity! A note from our CEO Tricia Griffith: “I’m so proud of the progress we continue to make in the DEI space and of our high ranking on this list. Our commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion helps sustain our incredible growth, which in turn helps us continue creating great opportunities for our employees.” https://www.forbes.com/lists/best-employers-diversity/?sh=3e2ab5436468
Shared image - America's Best Employers For Diversity 2022
America's Best Employers For Diversity 2022
www.forbes.com

Progressive Insurance Photos

+ Add Photo
Progressive Insurance photo of: A little selfie as employees walk in the black music month parade
Progressive Insurance photo of: Our Cleveland office is home to a foosball table to help unwind during a busy day.
Progressive Insurance photo of: Our large locations offer a variety of places to collaborate with coworkers.
Progressive Insurance photo of: Progressive employees take part in a water fitness class
Progressive Insurance photo of: This is one of our favorite pieces in our corporate art collection!
Progressive Insurance photo of: We love being able to grab a quick coffee from one of our cafes.

Expert Career Advice