Progressive Insurance Interview Questions in Miami, FL | Glassdoor

3.4

13 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Claims Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance (Miami, FL) in February 2017.

Interview

Met on campus and followed up with an online assessment and then an in person interview the next day.

Online assessment wasn't too bad, some basic math questions then a personality quiz to assess how well you tackle issues, work with others and deal with customers.

The interview was about 45 minutes and had a lot of targeted questions in the STAR format. Don't try to google and memorize the questions. Just think back on your job experience and significant moments you had.

Interview Questions

• When did you have to compromise on a position at a previous employer?   Answer Question
    • How have you dealt with overwhelming workloads?   Answer Question
    • What recommendations have you made in the workplace?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance (Miami, FL) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online and then a couple days later an email was sent for the assessment. I passed the assessment and within 5 hours I was notified to schedule the phone interview. I did the phone interview a week later and it lasted about 35 minutes long. Interview went smooth and the person interviewing was extremely kind and sweet. Still waiting to hear back.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when a policy randomly changed. How did you respond to the change?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance (Miami, FL) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied, did the assessment and then came the phone interview and the face to face interview. All in all it took about 3 months. I thought the interview went well but apparently it did not because I was not offered a position even with having 5 years of claim experience. So I am very very confused on what they are looking for.

Interview Questions

• S.T.A.R. Format questions for both the phone and face to face interview   Answer Question

Interview

Interview Questions

• STAR format questions in both the phone and face to face interview.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance (Miami, FL) in May 2016.

Interview

Process took 5 plus weeks.. Applied 4/16. Received an email the same day stating that I had passed the initial screening and would be sent assessment test. 4/17-Received assessment. Not hard at all. Common sense with some math and behavioral questions. 4/19-received email stating I had pass my assessment and would be schedule for a phone interview. 4/19-received email with dates and times for the phone interview I could select from. 4/25-had my phone interview. Kelly Davis was my recruiter, she was amazing. Made me feel really comfortable. She went over my resume and asked about 4-5 STAR questions. Lasted about 30mins. Was told I would hear back Friday, but I didn't hear back till May 10th!! Thought I had not been selected after that 2 week wait. Luckily I was and was schedule for a face to face interview 5/18. It went well. Many Star questions. Interview lasted about an 1 hour and 15 mins. 5/20- received an email to start my background. 5/26- the big day came. Received a phone call with an offer and start date. I start June 27th. Beyond excited !!! Best of luck to everyone!!

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time you had a disagreement with a co worker. How did you handle it and what caused your conworker to disagree with the way you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance (Miami, FL) in March 2016.

Interview

They ask a lot of STAR Questions. I say relax and take your time in answering the questions. Be as detailed as you possibly can because they wish to know everything you did for the problem in which they ask you for their behavioral questions. If you say you had to take a break to brush your teeth, it's best to be on the safe side and say that. It is better to be overly detailed, than under detailed and risk not getting the job offer. That's coming directly from them.

Interview Questions

• Did you ever make a quick decision, and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance (Miami, FL) in March 2016.

Interview

1 hour phone interview. Moved on to the next step. On campus interview for 1 hour. Got called the following week for the position and got the offer. There is a background check though.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had a difficult customer   1 Answer

Claims Adjuster/Generalist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance (Miami, FL) in January 2016.

Interview

I answered a job post on Linked In that came up under my local jobs section. It turns out that either Progressive or Linked In miscateragorized the listing, because it was actually a location that was several hundred miles from my location but it was listed as a local job. It felt like a complete waste of my time. They did, however, take the time to send me a generic rejection via email, a 'nicety' that seems to be rarer and rarer these days. Most companies don't even bother to acknowledge your submission either way.

Claims Adjuster Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance (Miami, FL) in November 2015.

Interview

The interview process is very extensive, they take serious pride in their interview and requires an initial online assessment after completion of An application, then a possible phone interview , background screening then in person interview.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time that you had to deal with an irate customer how did you handle the situation ?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance (Miami, FL) in August 2015.

Interview

They interview a lot of people, but take very few. You need to pass a couple of personality tests which really take just a little research and prep, since they want you to answer in the "STAR" format that they explain to you. Do some research on these and you'll pass, but that doesn't mean you're in. Don't get too excited that you make it to the actual interview stage, everything before that is really just them wasting your time, since they will be bringing you to the interview with multiple other candidates also applying at the same time.

Interview Questions

• What was an instance at a previous job that you made a mistake, and how did you react?   1 Answer