Progressive Waste Human Resources Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Progressive Waste

1 Interview Review

Human Resources Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Slidell, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Progressive Waste (Slidell, LA) in February 2015.

Interview

1) Applied online
2) Phone call from recruiter 2 days after applying to do phone screen
3) Interview with HR Director

I wasn't selected to go further in the process, but the next step would have been an on-site interview so the interview process seems pretty straightforward for this company.

Interview Questions

• Q: Tell me about a difficult internal customer that you had, how you worked through it, and what the outcome was. What would you have done differently, and what did you learn from it?

Q: Walk me through the most difficult employee relations situation that you have handled. What was the situation? What did you do? Would you have done anything differently, and what did you learn from it?

I was also asked about my experience in areas such as employee engagement, benefits administration, and safety.

The interview itself was a combination of open-ended and behavioral-based questions. The interviewer herself was great and very down-to-earth.

The only thing that could have made my experience better is that I had to find out I wasn't chosen for the next step by following up rather than receiving a communication from the company, but that is pretty much par for course now in the job market. When I did follow up, I received a quick response and it was very courteous.   Answer Question