Project A Ventures Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.2

Sort:

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Project A Ventures (New York, NY).

Interview

Total of 3 interviews. Initial call with talent acquisition, followed by a more technical call with a senior PM and finally an in house practical interview with 2 PMs. Each stage tested different skills required for the job and was just the right amount of challenge. Ample opportunity to ask questions and figure out the company culture.

Interview Questions

Project A Ventures Response

Dec 22, 2017 – Employer Branding Manager

Thank you for taking the time to share your interview experience. We are glad that you felt three interviews which tested different skill sets was just the right amount of challenge. We are also... More

PHP Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Project A Ventures in June 2017.

Interview

The questions given in the beginning were about networking and how you use an internet browser. Then why I am applying and what I know about the role. Person was not helpful in describing the process.

Interview Questions

• What happens when you use visit a website   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berlin (Germany)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Project A Ventures (Berlin (Germany)) in April 2015.

Interview

Had a Skype Interview with a recruiter. The recruiter first told me about the company and what they are looking for in a candidate. Then she asked me to walk her through my resume. She had some questions regarding some previous positions and if there have been problematic situations and how I solved them.

Senior Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Project A Ventures in May 2017.

Interview

The person who interviewed me was snorting and wasn't listening to me. At one point he stopped the interview and gave me a direct negative feedback. Not professional at all.

***
        *****
       *******
      *********

Write a script to output this pyramid on console (with leading spaces)   Answer Question

Talent Acquisition Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Berlin (Germany)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Project A Ventures (Berlin (Germany)) in January 2018.

Interview

On spot with on time communication and quick decsions - I met all the team members who I will work with and had the chance to meet other hiring managers as well. Questions were enough personal to understand why they would want me to work in the team and why.

Interview Questions

• Which kind of company culture is motivating me?   1 Answer

Aug 28, 2018 – Employer Branding Manager

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am happy that you had a positive hiring experience. We always aim to have an efficient process with quick decisions without neglecting the personal... More

Frontend Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Project A Ventures in January 2017.

Interview

I applied online ( CV and CL ) then the recruiter send me mail asking me for my certificates, I sent them back my certificates in a PDF, after then no feedback. after +3 months I send them an email informing them that I've signed a contract in a company in Munich.

Interview Questions

• Asked for my certificates and transcripts from my study career   Answer Question

Frontend Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Berlin (Germany)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Project A Ventures (Berlin (Germany)) in May 2017.

Interview

Great communication with the HR team during all phases of the recruitment process. Really professional and helpful. After an introduction call, there was a tech check interview. It was a series of questions regarding essential aspects of HTML, CSS (including pre- and post-processing), and JavaScript (including ES2015) technologies.

Interview Questions

• How do you organize your code and build your frontend assets? Which tasks do you automate?   Answer Question
    • Please explain a use case for a Service Worker?   Answer Question

Data Engineer/Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berlin (Germany)

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Project A Ventures (Berlin (Germany)) in November 2017.

Interview

I met the team at a conference and expressed my interest in working in the company. I was well received by their data engineering chief officer. He told me to send my application and then we will have a Skype call about software craftsmanship. I sent my application and got an answer in two days to schedule the interview. The interview questions were mostly about database, queries, database administration. One was about basic algorithms knowledge (find the second maximum in an array). I asked him why do they choose "Data engineer/data scientist" as a title, he explained to me that they need a person who knows how to do data engineering stuff because there are no database system administrators in the company and the data scientist has to ensure both data engineering stuff and data science stuff.
    I did well in the basic algorithm question but in the database knowledge, I was missing most of the points because I don't have a big experience on. So, the interviewer told me that I would not fit the position. I appreciated his fast feedback and honesty, also he gave me advice on how to improve my database knowledge as I asked him.
    After few days, I received an official email of rejection.

Interview Questions

Project A Ventures Response

Dec 20, 2017 – Employer Branding Manager

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review about your interview experience. We are always happy to convince interested people to apply for a job at one of the job fairs we are attending... More

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Project A Ventures.

Interview

Great and helpful communication with the HR team during the whole process that took ~1 month.
    Two days after applying online, I got a first telephone interview with the company's CDO.
    A friendly, to the point conversation started with a background discussion and followed by a series of relatively easy technical questions (Junior role).
    After some days, I got a quick HR screen and after that I was invited to Project-A office for a final technical interview and in order to meet the team during lunch.
    Finally, I got an offer after a last in person HR interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell a story (exploratory analysis, insights) about the data in a bunch of json files.   Answer Question

Aug 28, 2018 – Employer Branding Manager

Thank you for your review. I am super happy to hear that you perceived the communication with the HR team as helpful. Our aim is always to create a great and efficient interview experience.

If... More

Senior Product Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berlin (Germany)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Project A Ventures (Berlin (Germany)) in August 2018.

Interview

The interview process took in total a little bit more than 1 month. It all started in a pretty classic and positive way: a 30 minutes HR phone call followed by a 1 hour Skype conversation with the Lead Designer. After that I am forwarded a design test that, they said, would have taken me about 8 hours to complete and that I had to send back in 2 days. Needless to say, I spent all weekend solving a challenge where I am asked to design a product from scratch, complete with branding, wireframes, research documentation, high fidelity UI and prototype. A few days after the I delivered the test, HR invites me over for a face to face interview; I spent 1 hour with the design team discussing the task, my portfolio and my experience and 1 hour with developers and product managers. I am told they would have let me know the following week. After disappearing for two weeks, I email them asking for news and they answer me the day after scheduling a short call for the same day (standard HR behavior to let you know you got the job). Surprisingly though, the call is to communicate me that the management decided to not hire anyone anymore so, of course, they could not offer me the position. Extremely frustrating, time-consuming and disappointing experience.

Interview Questions

Project A Ventures Response

Dec 6, 2018 – Employer Branding Manager

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are grateful for your honest feedback. At Project A we want to do well-thought and sustainable decisions that’s why our decision-making process has... More