Prologis Marketing Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Prologis Marketing Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at Prologis

2.5

Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Prologis.

Interview

I don't usually post reviews for such things, but the way this one ended had me particularly upset, so I wanted to share.

I'll start by saying that I really genuinely wanted this job, and to be a part of this company, so perhaps that made things a little harder on me.

I had 3 phone interviews. A quick screen, a talk with the hiring manager and a talk with a contractor. In that order.

The phone screen was simple enough, pretty standard.

The hiring manager and I had a good conversation, too. On paper, I was a great fit for this job, and hearing more specifically what they were looking for, I felt an even bigger fit. She seemed to think so, too, and before the end of the call said that she'd like to set me up with talking to the next person.

I was then called to set up that appointment, at which point I asked what the process was and how many rounds of interviews there were to be. I was told that she thought she knew the process, but that it kept changing, so she didn't really know the process anymore. Fair enough, but not overly enlightening when trying to prepare.

After waiting almost two weeks, I spoke with the next person. The conversation was fine. Again, my affection for the company in general aside, the match seemed great -- they wanted someone with a good writing background, motivated to get stuff done and, presumably, someone who had an affinity and understanding of what it takes to be successful in a company with a global presence. Check, check and check.

The call went 15 minutes long and I was told that "I don't know what the next steps are, but you'll here from us soon." Which also implies that there would be next steps at all.

After a day and a half, I simply received a phone message, telling me that it wasn't happening and that there would be no further steps. This definitely came as a surprise and a bit of a gut punch. In the phone message, she stated that they "have a candidate with skillsets that are a better match for our current needs." And nothing more. While, on a personal level, that makes me curious as I truly do line up well and had been given no inclination that I was lacking in any one area from my interviews, I replied, via email and asked if they could please give me specifics as to why I was not selected, and what areas I could work on/address in the future in order to better suit their needs.

The reply I received to that specific question, to which I truly hoped for constructive criticism and help in seeing where there was a perceived mismatch was: "We have a candidate with skillsets that are a better match for our current needs.

Thanks."

That's when I resolved to write this, but that response was particularly frustrating and upsetting. I hope, if nothing else, that this serves as guidance to them for understanding that people want the help and information in these cases, and simply dismissing them with a blanket statement (especially when they really, truly want to find out so that they can be a part of your company in the future), is not okay.

For those wondering, I did respond to that email with another, very specific email saying:
"As I genuinely hope to improve upon any areas of question/concern to the Prologis team, if anything more specific comes to light, I would love to hear it and use it as a tool for improvement and growth. Perhaps it may also prove to make me a more preferred fit in the future."

It was not acknowledged, and today I received another templated email stating that "they regret to inform me that I was not selected..."

Interview Questions

• What, specifically, about the job description and company attracted you to this position.   1 Answer

Prologis Response

Jul 18, 2017 – HR, Talent Acquisition Specialist

We are saddened to hear that you had an unpleasant experience. Prologis’ policy is to treat all potential and current employees with the utmost respect and dignity, and our team members come from... More

Other Interview Reviews for Prologis

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Prologis (Denver, CO) in January 2009.

Interview

Depending on what dept HR will make the initial contact. If you pass they will move you on to interview with the dept manager

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They meet industry standards