Promega Interview Questions in Madison, WI | Glassdoor

3.1

10 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Data Master I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Promega (Madison, WI) in July 2016.

Interview

Interviewing with Promega was the worst experiences I have had with a company. My first interview was with a HR rep who seemed to be new to the job. She asked surface level questions and did not ask any clarifying follow up questions. The interview lasted 15 minutes, however it was scheduled to take 45. This failure was partially my fault but the interviewer did not help the situation, the lack of clarifying questions and transitions was problematic.

I did not think anything of it and assumed that I would not be chosen to go on to the second round, however two weeks later I was asked to fly to Madison for an onsite interview. A HR rep gave me flight options and I chose a flight two weeks away. I was supposed to leave on a Sunday, however on Friday the rep had not gotten back to me with any further information. I contacted her and was informed that I would not be interviewing onsite.

I can understand having second thoughts about the onsite interview, however I had made plans for this trip two weeks in advance. The failure to contact me about the change in plans was a huge oversight and I think it speaks largely as to the quality of the HR unit at Promega. Every interaction I had with HR was full of missteps, from the lack of communication to the poor interviewing steps of the screener.

Research Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Promega (Madison, WI).

Interview

Phone interview with a recruiter followed by a call with a research scientist. The onsite interview lasted most of the day and I had to give a presentation. They asked questions about me and about my technical skills. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.

Applications Scientist II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Promega (Madison, WI) in August 2015.

Interview

The first contact was a phone interview with Human Resources and covered both general an personal questions. This was followed by a phone interview with a group manager who interviewed me more about my specific qualifications. The same week I received a 3rd phone interview, which was with current employees working in the group I had applied for.

Interview Questions

• What do you consider yourself an expert in?   1 Answer

Senior Research Scientist I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Promega (Madison, WI) in April 2015.

Interview

Day long interview with various people in the company including R&D, Project Management, Marketing and HR, including a 1-hour presentation about my own work. Most people were nice, fun to talk to. However, one person in particular was very negative and unfair.

Interview Questions

• Why don't you want to do a post-doc? (Over and over...)   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Application

Interview

Interview process consists of a phone interview with HR, a technical phone interview and a long onsite interview. At the end, they know a lot about you and you know a lot about them. I was interviewed about my culture fit as well as my fit to the job. It was a pleasant and thorough experience.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Did not negotiate, I received a fair offer.

Technical Service Scientist Interview

Application

Interview

Excellent. Full attention to detail. Many people interview you. They treat you with respect, offer a lunch and provide you with a meaningful feedback.They test for technical and behavioral skills. During that interview they try to detect your future direction. I would advise that you take a moment, judge them and think well if you are a good match for that position. Although the team is composed of the most wonderful people, repetitiveness of the job and sitting in front of computer drains everyone.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Salary offer made me mad. They were firm, take it or leave it, promising gradual increase.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Promega (Madison, WI).

Interview

Phone screen with HR followed by hiring manager. Asked the typical HR questions. Hiring manager asked about my previous experiences and knowledge of company products. Salary range for the position was about 20% lower than industry standards. Asked a few technical questions related to the position. HR appears to function only as a screener for hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to leave your current position? What do you know about the product line?   Answer Question

Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Promega (Madison, WI) in February 2013.

Interview

My first contact was with their recruiter....had to constantly confirm information was received and appointments were set...Waited for weeks before call back for interview.. first phone interview went great! I was very interested and the conversation and questions went well. After that, the second round of interviews onsite were a LET DOWN.. interviewed with three different groups of people. NO ONE was prepared, they read from my resume, preprinted lists from the internet, and had no solid questions. They spent more time reading than questioning. They need to spend time to prepare for interviews and show the interviewee some respect. I never heard anything back. I was convinced this was the company everyone wants to work for until I experienced the lack of respect from the interview process. It also didn't help that two minutes before we started, one of the interviewers told me that one of the internal people decided to apply for the position the day before. It made me feel like the interview was a waste of time as they already decided to hire within. Disappointing... I really wanted to be part of the Promega family.

Interview Questions

• "Walk me through your work history"... the questions were not prepared   Answer Question

Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 9+ months. I interviewed at Promega (Madison, WI) in February 2012.

Interview

Very slow and in multiple stages. There was a lot of back and forth conversation with HR before the onsite interview was arranged. Took several months to formalize. People were friendly during onsite interview. Process was less intimidating than I imagined. Panel focused on finding strengths rather than weaknesses at this stage of the interview.

Interview Questions

• What is your approach to resolving conflicts?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Not much room for negotiation.

Inside Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Promega (Madison, WI) in September 2010.

Interview

They make you jump through a lot of hoops!

Interview Questions

• What is the worst decision that you ever made?   1 Answer