Protiviti Interview Questions in Chicago, IL | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 12, 2017

2.8

Technology Consulting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Protiviti (Chicago, IL) in February 2017.

Interview

Two phone screening and then onsite. The phone screenings were pretty basic questions. The office visit was composed of two interviews and a group project. One interview was behavioral, one was a case. The group project was something basic, just "tell us how you would sell Protiviti to a potential client." Again, typical behavioral questions. The case interview was two parts. The first part was a flowchart sent out the night before that was supposed to be analyzed. More information was then available once the case interview started.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Protiviti (Chicago, IL) in March 2016.

Interview

Had a phone screening followed the next week by an office visit consisting of a behavioral interview, a case study, and a brief office tour with time to answer any questions. The behavioral interviewer was a bit stiff and awkward (which could have been due to it being so early in the morning), but the other interviewers were great to talk with and seemed like they would make good co-workers.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you dealt with a problem during a project   Answer Question

Process Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Protiviti (Chicago, IL) in January 2016.

Interview

I applied online, was contacted for a phone interview, and then set up for an interview in their office the following week. When I arrived at the office, I first met with some first year consultants to learn more about the company and ask questions, then went through a case interview based on a figure they had sent me the night before. Lastly, spoke with another employee within the solution I was interviewing for (Process Interns consist of two solutions: Internal Audit/Financial Advisory and Risk & Compliance) for a behavioral interview which consisted of basic/generic behavioral interview questions and was very pleasant. I then went to lunch with some other first year employees and was able to ask questions and learn more about the company. Everyone was very friendly and helpful throughout the entire process, I was able to learn a lot about the company, and I though the communication with the company was great. I had a wonderful experience.

Internal Audit Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Protiviti (Chicago, IL) in October 2015.

Interview

I began my interview process on campus. The first round consisted of one behavioral and one case interview. For the case, we were given a process diagram that we were to review the night before. In the interview, they provided me a dialogue that detailed more information about the case. Overall, the interviewer was willing to discuss the case and answer any questions I had. Make sure you know why you want to join Protiviti in the behavioral interview. The second round was a lot of fun and pretty casual. It includes an office tour, one-on-one interview and a group presentation. They really made me feel welcomed into their culture.

IT Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Protiviti (Chicago, IL) in October 2015.

Interview

I submitted my resume to recruiters on campus at a career fair
    I got a call about a week later informing me that those recruiters would be back on campus and would like me to attend a two part interview.
    The first part being a basic 30 minute behavioral interview and then a in depth case interview for the remaining 30 minutes .
    I was then called after that informing me that they would like me to come to the Chicago office for a second round interview.
    They put me up in a gorgeous hotel in Chicago and paid for everything from my gas to the valet cost. Then I attended a pre night dinner with some current employees.
    The next day I was there until about 2 pm doing some group activities and also speaking with senior management but overall very low threat.

Interview Questions

• What was one intense where you had to overcome adversity in a team?   Answer Question

Experienced Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Protiviti (Chicago, IL) in October 2015.

Interview

The recruiter contacted me through LinkedIn. Extremely nice and helpful. After the pre-screen, she set up a quick call with the Senior Manager who asked basic interview questions based on my resume. A few days later, the recruiter set up an in-person at HQ. I interviewed with 4 additional managers (which included one Managing Director and one Executive), as well as a "peer interview" (this wasn't so much an interview as it was just getting to know the culture).

The manager interviews are basically what you expect. The Executive and Peer interview were an interesting touch. I spoke with the executive for 15 minutes. He just gave a background of Protiviti, what my role would be if I were to get an offer, what the business objectives were and where he would like to see the company, etc. The peer interview, we just grabbed coffee and was able to relax a bit more.

Also, the recruiter held my hand throughout the whole process and answered every question I had within a few hours of me asking. Very smooth interview process.

Interview Questions

• Why did you want to get into consulting? Have you ever been in a situation where you disagreed with the lead auditor/management? Outside of SOX, what audits have you performed/willing to perform?

Work-scenario questions for IT auditors: Change management, logical access, specific system and applications questions. As long as you have your basics and ITGC's down, this portion should be fairly manageable. They did grill me on logical access and change management, so I'm assuming there will be a lot of SOX related work in the pipeline.
      Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Protiviti (Chicago, IL) in September 2015.

Interview

Consisted of two back to back interviews. One involved a scenario that they gave me the night before, and the other was a behavioral. They had an informational session the night before the interviews. Everyone was very friendly was an overall positive experience.

Interview Questions

• Lots of team based questions and how I interacted within the team.   Answer Question

IT Consultant - Software Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Protiviti (Chicago, IL) in September 2015.

Interview

Attended Protiviti leadership conference in Chicago over Summer 2015, great experience with a fabulous free hotel. Offered an interview in the fall as a result of the leadership conference. Visited Protiviti reps at fall career fair to ask about interview process, reps were very helpful, friendly, and young. First round of interviews was on-campus, with a 30 minute 1:1 case interview and a 30 minute 1:1 behavioral interview. As an engineer, I wasn't really sure what to expect with the case interview, but it seemed like all they cared about was your ability to problem solve. Also, apparently you are allowed to ask for more information about the case (how many total branches the company has, how many regional managers there are, etc.), which I didn't know going into it. The was a networking event the night before that was a lot like the leadership conference. The second round of interviews was on-site in Chicago. The PSS interview process consisted of a 30 minute 1:2 (two interviewees) slot to ask the PSS manager questions (really wasn't an interview at all), followed by a 45 minute slot, again 1:2, with a current custom development consultant, this time answering a simple technical problem. Was given a competitive offer, and have heard great things things about the company. Culture is stellar and very young. Declined because I had another great offer, this internship only lasts 8 weeks, and I'm not 100% sure I want to go into consulting.

Interview Questions

• Develop an ATM class with the following 4 abilities, as well as a series of if-then tests to ensure that they work. Work with your partner, and explain your solution at the end.   1 Answer

Process Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Protiviti (Chicago, IL) in October 2014.

Interview

I interviewed with Protiviti in the Fall of 2014. I had two on-campus interviews (one of them a case study) and then one interview at the office. The process was very similar to the interview process I experienced at other accounting firms and banks.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions revolved around working in group environments since most of the work is completed in groups at Protiviti.   Answer Question

Custom Development Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Protiviti (Chicago, IL) in October 2014.

Interview

Nothing too technical, a basic study case which encapsulates the idea of an IT consultant. The second round had a 30minute technical interview that included writing pseudocode for implementing the missing functions of an ATM machine. Overall atmosphere was very easy going and stress free. The people at the company are great and the entire experience was definitely a good one.

Interview Questions

• In the case study: What questions would you ask the business owner of the current process and what implementations would you suggest for the current process.   Answer Question