Protiviti Interview Questions in Dallas-Fort Worth, TX | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 6, 2016

2.8

Senior Consultant, IAFA Process Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Protiviti (Dallas, TX).

Interview

There is no set format on interview. The 1st call is with HR. then depending there can be call interview or in office personal interview. In office is with at least one Manager and one Sr. Consultant. Just background, prior experience kind of questions. Offer takes between one week to 2 weeks time frame. Offer is immediately made and a window is given to accept. Negotiation is possible based on your background. Glassdoor give a decent overview on the salary range.

Interview Questions

• Tell me your back ground.
      Why should we hire you. What do you bring to the table. What do you expect from Protiviti. Ask your questions.
      1 Answer

Process Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Protiviti (Dallas, TX) in May 2016.

Interview

The first interview was much more rigorous than the second. In the first interview you are presented with a case and asked to identify problems within the case. From there you are to devise controls to fix the situation. The second interview was much more relaxed and just a simple conversation to get to know one another.

Interview Questions

• How do you think your on campus experiences can translate to a career in consulting?   Answer Question

Process Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Protiviti (Dallas, TX) in April 2016.

Interview

The interview process went smoothly. I was updated throughout the entire process. I interviewed in the Dallas office and everyone that I met was great. It's a very laid back environment. I had a personality interview with one woman, went through the case study with another woman, and a week later, I had a phone interview with an Associate Director. Everyone was very easy to relate to. My phone interview was supposed to be 15 minutes and we ended up talking for almost an hour. If you're going to interview with them, make sure you have questions about the job ready. You are interviewing them just as much as they are interviewing you. Protiviti is a wonderful company; it feels like a family. Leadership is stellar and humble; a great combination.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time you dealt with conflict.   Answer Question
    • There was a case study and they give you a flowchart the afternoon before the interview.
      Questions: What did you find were the key issues, Where would you make improvements, etc.
      They also read you a narrative about the flowchart and hope that you pick up on some more issues there.

Consultant I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Protiviti (Dallas, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

Applied online through my university's job application site. I then attended a career fair where I submitted my resume to the Protiviti reps there. I heard back within the week and interviewed a week later to that. First interview was two parts; a case study and a behavioral interview. I received a callback to visit the Dallas office. This consisted of one interview and a team presentation. Both of which were difficult, but I had prepared prior to arriving so I was able to answer the questions asked of me. Received a callback with an offer two weeks later. It was an overall great experience.

Interview Questions

• What is your greatest accomplishment?
      What do you know about consulting?
      Why are you interested in consulting?

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Protiviti (Dallas, TX) in July 2015.

Interview

1st interview is with an HR representative over the phone. About 10-15 mins where they ask why you want to join the team and why you are leaving your current firm. Then was scheduled for for a super day of interviews with Director, Senior Manager, Manager and Senior Consultants that you will be working on the team. This lasts approximately half day. They are about 30 minutes each. Most of the questions are behavioral and also walking through them your resume. The super day lasts half a day at the Protiviti offices.

Interview Questions

• Walk through your resume?
      What are your career plans and interests?
      Behavioral and situation questions?
      Why are you moving from your current employer?

Process Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Protiviti (Dallas, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

Pretty standard interview process, nothing out of the ordinary. Most of the questions were about my resume, work history, and experience. Some behavioral questions were mixed in. Overall the interview was about average compared to other interviews that I have had. All of my interviews that I had with them were over the phone.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Protiviti (Dallas, TX) in October 2014.

Interview

You participate in one case interview first. They send you background information on a mock company a day beforehand, and then you read more on its processes during the interview. They give you about 5 minutes to read over it and write down notes on what looks wrong and what you suggest to improve inefficiencies and risks. If you've taken any accounting courses, you'll do just fine in recognizing what to improve. Afterwards, you go through traditional behavioral interviews with a few more directors and/or senior managers.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Protiviti (Fort Worth, TX) in January 2014.

Interview

I applied for this role due to a recent ad on a jobsite news board. I liked the overall atmosphere and looked at this as an opportunity to step outside the normal occupational scope and try a new company.

Process Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Protiviti (Dallas, TX) in October 2013.

Interview

I submitted my resume and cover letter at the career fair on campus and online. I was then contacted for an on campus interview. The on campus interview consisted of behavioral questions and a business case interview. I was then contacted for an office visit, which consisted of group activities and an interview in the afternoon. Both interviews had pre-interview dinners at nice locations. I was contacted with an offer about a week after the office visit.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Protiviti (Dallas, TX).

Interview

Protiviti came to my campus and recruited a number of students. They were very nice and professional. I got through the first round of on-campus interviews and then visited Protiviti's office. The work environment seemed fun. I enjoyed my time there. I was ultimately offered a job, but decided to turn it down and keep exploring my other options.

Interview Questions

• They ask you to basically sell them on Protiviti. It isn't too difficult   1 Answer

I felt pressured to accept an offer before I was ready. I already had other interviews lined up and wanted to see those through. Protiviti is great though. I really liked all the people I met there.