Protiviti Internal Audit Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Protiviti Internal Audit Consultant Interview Questions

2.9

19 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Internal Audit Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Protiviti.

Interview

I met a recruiter at a job fair. They called me back for an interview several weeks later on campus. After that interview, I was asked to attend a 1-day in office interview process. There was a dinner the night before the interview and there was a group project and interviews with 3 different people.

Interview Questions

• How would your friends describe you?
    Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Protiviti

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Protiviti (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview was a very smooth process. I applied through my University's On-Campus recruitment. The initial interview was a one-hour appointment on my campus, split into two sessions. The first session was a discussion based on a case study provided by the Protiviti recruiter the evening before. Given a limited amount of time to analyze the case study, one is expected to be able to bring forward conversational points and notes of attention regarding the case. But don't be overly nervous, because my interviewer was actually very polite and walked me through the various points of analysis. It was actually quite informative yet not too convoluted, and his intention was for me to understand the approach that a person in the role of a Consultant would assume in observing a client's day-to-day business process. The second session after the case-study was more of a "behavioral study" which was a one-on-one with a manager from Protiviti. This was a bit less formal, and was more of a discussion of my personal experience through college as well as my prior internship/work experience. Overall, both sessions went fairly well, and the interviewers were genuinely engaged in the session, which helped me ease up and overcome any and all nerves I might have initially felt. The interviewers also shared their own experience with the firm and allowed me to gain a visual of what my life might be like while employed at a firm like Protiviti. Furthermore, they were successfully able to convey the mood, culture, and environment I could expect from Protiviti, and I must say that they gave me strong, positive impression. The recruiters were also very helpful, constantly giving a vibrant and genial vibe like they really cared about what they do and who they were considering for their firm. This, as I said, was only the first interview opportunity. A second opportunity, which presumably will be at the Protiviti office location, is completely contingent upon their evaluation of me after this interview session. As it stands, I have not received a follow-up response from this interview just yet, but I am infinitely optimistic nonetheless. I believe Protiviti is a great place to potentially work, and the people I met carried themselves with class and character, so I can't say enough of the impression I received from the firm. If a second interview date is planned in the near future, I will be sure to post another interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a challenge you faced in your college years, and explain why it was particularly difficult for you and also how you were able to overcome this challenge.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Protiviti (McLean, VA) in February 2016.

Interview

Got selected for an on-campus interview and then a day after the interview I got a call for a 2nd round interview and office visit that consisted of two interviews and getting taken out to lunch. Then got a call the morning after the interview and got an offer. Very quick process and communicated very well.

Interview Questions

• Why consulting?
      Why Protiviti?
      Tell me about yourself and your background?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Protiviti (Chicago, IL) in October 2015.

Interview

I began my interview process on campus. The first round consisted of one behavioral and one case interview. For the case, we were given a process diagram that we were to review the night before. In the interview, they provided me a dialogue that detailed more information about the case. Overall, the interviewer was willing to discuss the case and answer any questions I had. Make sure you know why you want to join Protiviti in the behavioral interview. The second round was a lot of fun and pretty casual. It includes an office tour, one-on-one interview and a group presentation. They really made me feel welcomed into their culture.

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Protiviti (Philadelphia, PA) in August 2015.

Interview

Interview with two directors and the MD. Fairly easy and situational type questions. I have public audit experience so I just touched on those experiences. Asked a lot about my experience with internal controls and flow charting controls, from which I didn't have much. Overall definitely a fairly easy and positive interview.

Interview Questions

• Asked to touch on the internal controls system of a corporation.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Protiviti (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

They called me for a phone interview, and asked me tons of questions. Most were situational questions, and also behavioral questions. The interview went longer than I expected, about an hour on the phone. I was surprised on the amount of questions she asked me. She was trying to intimidate me.

Interview Questions

• Explain a situation in which you solved a problem in your work environment   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Protiviti (San Francisco, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

pretty straight forward case question and behavioral questions mainly. The interviewers were both very chill and nice. Was offered second round interview at the office. Overall good experience as the intervieiwers were cordial and calm

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Protiviti (Philadelphia, PA) in October 2014.

Interview

Case study, had to prepare and act out a skit in 10 mins about the company, and 2 behavioral and technical interviews in office. First interviewer was intimidating, but second was really nice. I would definitely know the service lines and always ask questions, they like when people show interest in their culture as well.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Protiviti (New York, NY) in October 2014.

Interview

Easy Interview. First one was one on one on campus. A few days later scheduled an interview to meet in NYC. Had 2 rounds of interviews that day. Also worked with a group of other interviewees and presented a commercial for Provtiviti.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Protiviti (New York, NY).

Interview

Had 2 one on one behavioral interview with an associate and managing director. Both interviews went off and both liked my personality. Moved forward with background check and was cleared. Waited for offer for 1 month and expectations came out empty. Said I needed a Computer Science degree. Then why move forward with me or even interview me in the first place? I wasted my time. I also quit my job, which is my own fault, but I will always remember this and to not fall for Protiviti again (which was originally Arthur Andersen, Enron scandal).