Protiviti Technology consulting Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 30, 2017

2.7

54 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Protiviti (Chicago, IL) in October 2017.

Interview

Applied through campus career fair. I then had a 30 min case and behavioral interview the next day. I was provided a business process diagram and a brief description of the fictitious client the night before. We were allowed to take notes and bring them to the interview. Both the case and the behavioral interview were laid back and conversational.

A couple weeks later I was invited to an office visit where we learned more about the company and have an additional conversational "interview".

I then received an offer three business days after the office interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself? Why technology consulting? Walk me through your previous experiences.   Answer Question

Oct 31, 2017 – U.S. Campus Recruiting Lead

Thank you for taking a moment to provide your feedback, we are excited you will be joining us full-time!

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Protiviti (New York, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

There were two rounds of interviews, one on-campus and one on-site. The on-campus round consisted of a 30 minute behavioral interview and a 30 minute case interview. The case is very manageable, as the interviewer doesn't try to trick you but rather point you in the right direction. The on-site portion was five hours long, but only consisted of 2 30 minute behavioral interviews that emphasize the consulting industry and goodness of fit with the office. I heard back one week after the on-site interview.

Interview Questions

Protiviti Response

Oct 31, 2017 – U.S. Campus Recruiting Lead

Thank you for taking a moment to provide your feedback. I am glad you have had a great experience and will be joining us soon!

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Protiviti (Chicago, IL) in September 2017.

Interview

It had to be the fairest interview, both case and behavioral, that I have ever been through. Fun and challenging, but very fair. The case was very manageable compared to other cases.

Interview Questions

Protiviti Response

Oct 31, 2017 – U.S. Campus Recruiting Lead

Thank you for taking a moment to provide your feedback. We are excited you'll be joining us!

Anonymous Employee in Hoboken, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Protiviti (Hoboken, NJ) in September 2017.

Interview

There are two portions, a personality and a case study each 30 minutes. The case study was sent to me the night before and then I was asked pretty basic questions, nothing too difficult.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about the most complex project you've worked on   Answer Question

Oct 31, 2017 – U.S. Campus Recruiting Lead

Thank you for taking time to leave your feedback, we are excited you will be joining us soon!

Interview

The process was two rounds. First round was fairly relaxed, straightforward, and involved genuine questions. The second round involved interviews with multiple people who all basically asked the same questions. There were no trick questions; everyone wanted to meet the genuine you.

Technology Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Protiviti.

Interview

Process was pretty quick. Handed resume to a recruiter and was called back for a campus interview. The interview included behavioral questions and a case study. Make sure to meet your interviewers the night before to get a feel for how the interview might go.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Protiviti (Chicago, IL) in February 2017.

Interview

Two phone screening and then onsite. The phone screenings were pretty basic questions. The office visit was composed of two interviews and a group project. One interview was behavioral, one was a case. The group project was something basic, just "tell us how you would sell Protiviti to a potential client." Again, typical behavioral questions. The case interview was two parts. The first part was a flowchart sent out the night before that was supposed to be analyzed. More information was then available once the case interview started.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Protiviti (Chicago, IL) in June 2016.

Interview

I had two 30 minute interviews. The first was a case interview and the second was a behavioral. I interviewed through their leadership program. For the case, we were emailed a diagram with instructions the night before. When I walked into the case interview, I was presented with the 'problem' and a factsheet.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had a group member that was not cooperating   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Athens, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Protiviti (Athens, GA) in September 2015.

Interview

There are two phases to the interview process. The first involves a 30 minute case study and a 30 minute behavioral section. During the case study portion, I was given a business process model along with an overview of the scenario and was told to talk about the issues I noticed and the potential solutions. If you are invited to a second interview (second phase), you will have the interview at the location of your preference. The second phase is a two-day interview.

Interview Questions

• What is one thing you are most proud of? (this could be an activity, project, etc.)   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Protiviti in March 2015.

Interview

The interview process was very straightforward and was lax compared to other companies I've interviewed with. I had talked to a recruiter at my university's career fair and was interested in the position so I applied through my school's recruiting site and got an interview offer the day after. They asked me to send a formal application on their website to the office location I'd like to work at and wanted my official transcript mailed. We also received a diagram of a process the day before the interview in preparation for the case study. There were two interviewers and you do 1:1 with each of them (30min behavioral / 30min case interview and you switch interviewers). I did the case interview first and it was about a dysfunctional situation in a business. You get 5min to read the case and take notes (it was a 1-page case). Then, the interviewer asks you some basic questions like the causes, results of client continuing dysfunctional practices, recommendations, what kind of services can Protiviti offer to this client, etc. If you know anything about business, then these things should be very obvious. The interviewer had remembered me from the career fair (even though I hadn't talked to him and didn't think I said anything to make an impression so I was quite surprised). We ended early and had a really casual conversation that wasn't about the job at all. I guess they're really looking for a personable person since this is a client-facing position because, if you made it through to interviews then they're assured that you're smart, but are you likable is the question. For the behavioral, I prepared beforehand by looking through all of the Glassdoor interview questions and there were no surprises. They mostly ask about your teamwork experience (!), strengths, weaknesses, etc. After asking any pertinent job-related questions, I also ended up talking to this interviewer about stuff not related to the job at all (football, actually). A week later they told me that I had made it to the second round, which would be in the office location that I wanted to work at (I'm pretty sure you get your first pick since they tell you before you apply which office locations aren't accepting new people). Since it wasn't the same location that I had interviewed at in the first round, they flew me over and put me in a hotel for free. The second round was a two-day process. The first day, there was a social dinner where you meet a combination of managers and current consultants. It was optional but since they're mostly looking for a culture fit and looking to get to know you as well as giving you the opportunity to get to know the people who will interview you the next day, you get an advantage if you go. It was pretty casual though. The next day, there was a presentation by a top executive on the company culture and values; two 1:1 30min behavioral interviewers with two managers (the company is split between process consultants and technology consultants and one of these managers will be your manager); a group case interview where they give you a dysfunctional business situation and you go through possible causes, recommendations, and then create a really informal presentation; a QA panel with some recently-hired consultants; and then they end it by taking you out to lunch.

Interview Questions

• Round 1: Describe a situation where you've had to deal with a difficult team member, what kind of role do you usually take when you're in a group, describe your most difficult project, describe the project you feel is the most innovative/interesting, what is your proudest accomplishment, describe the most difficult thing you have had to do, describe how you deal with group members who aren't doing their share, what is a weakness of yours, why consulting/Protiviti. Case: what do you think are the biggest problems in this situation? How could they have been prevented? What recommendations do you have to offer this client? If you had to pick just one recommendation to implement, what would it be? What services can Protiviti provide for this client? How did you prepare for this interview? What could happen if the client does not follow your recommendations? Round 2: What is the difference between HTML/CSS? How can you tell that a webpage is using CSS? What is a join in SQL? What is the Internet? Describe the Internet. What made you choose your university? What do you do in your free time? Do you like traveling? Why consulting/Protiviti (again)   Answer Question