Protiviti Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Protiviti Interview Questions

Updated Mar 23, 2017

2.8

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Protiviti.

Interview

HR contacted me and asked basic questions and then we set up a phone interview. office visit with four executives. 3 hour interview with 4 people. The interviewers were very friendly and easy to talk with. It feels less than 3 hours.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Protiviti in October 2016.

Interview

I applied through my campus careers website and visited Protiviti's booth at the career fair. I was granted an on campus interview that consisted of a 30 minute behavioral interview and a 30 minute case interview. I had already connected with the first interviewer at the career fair and thus it was more conversational. The case interview, although my first, was not difficult. The following week, the campus recruiter called to confirm which office I was interested in and I was flown out for an office visit that consisted of two more interviews with managers and a lunch with two consultants. The final interviews were purely conversational to see if I would be a good fit in the office. Everyone throughout the process was incredibly friendly and excited about the company and myself as an applicant. I was offered the position the next business day following the office visit.

Intern Interview

Interview

Two back-to-back interviews, one case and one behavioral. Case interview was operations based, focusing on how to deal with a problem within the structure of a company. Behavioral interview was laid back and very conversational, interviewer asked more questions about experiences than qualifications.

IT Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Protiviti.

Interview

Two interviews back to back. First was just a behavioral interview, second was a case study. Behavioral interview was pretty basic, asked about my resume, some of my experiences and then basic questions such as how I handled a certain situation, etc. Case study portion was also pretty basic, I was given a prompt along with a flow diagram and was point out the problems and figure out some solutions to fix it.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral interview just asked me about my experiences and asked me to describe a time that I overcame a obstacle.   Answer Question

IT Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Protiviti (Bloomington, IN) in October 2016.

Interview

There were two back-to-back interviews, one behavioral followed by a case.

Behavioral was laid back, asked you things you'd expect like describe something you've overcome that you're proud of, demonstrating your leadership skills, working with a difficult person, etc. Interviewer was really friendly, so if you have answers prepared there's nothing unexpected here.

For the case, they give you a process flow diagram the night before the interview, so if you get something similar make sure to look at that and note potential problems you see, and ways you'd go about improving them. Questions were pretty straightforward--what do you see that's wrong, and how would you fix it? You get 5 minutes to review more info and then you go right in.

Process Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tallahassee, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Protiviti (Tallahassee, FL) in October 2016.

Interview

I found them at a college job fair and really liked them. I applied online and was called back for an interview at my college success center. Interview consisted of a 30 min behavioral section as well as a 30 min case study interview. By the end of the week, they called me back for a dinner and an office visit.

Quantitative Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Protiviti in October 2016.

Interview

Submitted resume through career fair. Got phone interview by HR. Questions were based on resume and some other basic behavioral questions. In a week I got rejected because they don't provide sponsorship.

Interview Questions

• Ask your experience based on resume. Basic behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Technology Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Protiviti (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview was two parts: a behavioral interview, and a case study. Each were 30 minutes. For both interviews, both of the interviewers were extremely courteous, were open to whatever you said, and asking questions about what you were talking about. For the case study you were given a sheet of paper and were told that you had five minutes to read the narrative. During these five minutes you were encouraged to make notes on the paper about what you would change about the business according to the narrative.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to deal with teammates or fellow employees who didn't put effort into a project.   Answer Question

Technology Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Protiviti (Minneapolis, MN) in September 2016.

Interview

The first round was comprised of two thirty minutes interviews, one behavioral, one case. It wasn't a classic case, but a process case. I was presented with a process in an imaginary company that has several risk and operations problems. From there, the interviewer helped me along with hints and asked questions, basically walking through the process.

The behavioral portion was very straightforward. I'd recommend having more than two questions prepared for the interviewer because the amount of time spent answering questions and asking questions was about 50:50.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you were working in a team and something changed suddenly.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Protiviti (Pittsburgh, PA) in September 2016.

Interview

30 minute behavioral interview, 30 minute case study. Behavioral was very straightforward. Case study materials were given the night before, then a second paper was given during the interview. Given 5 minutes to prepare during the interview, then presented case study materials. Make sure to still include analysis from initial material the night before.

Interview Questions

See What Protiviti Employees Are Saying

Star Star Star Star Star     Former Senior Consultant

Pros: “Young company. As a result, everyone at the Consultant level is eager to learn and take on new challenges and absorb whatever they can about clients, industries, business practices, etc...”“Young company. As a result, everyone at the Consultant level is eager to learn and take on new challenges and absorb whatever they can about clients, industries, business practices, etc. Co-workers and people who reported to me were always unlikely to turn down an assignment, or do half-baked effort on it. Flat Management structure. I always felt that the MDs were there to listen to me if I had a concern or a question, because they understand that keeping their people happy is the foundation of their business. I feel that the company is headed in the right direction. My perception of this, is that they are trying to break out of being known for more niche-type work (Internal Audit & Risk Assurance). They understand that to get to that point, the tools & resources, business model, and employee skillset all have to evolve with the organization. I felt that they understood that and paid lip-service to it, but it was slow to be executed on and implemented. For not being a household name (Big 4), the client portfolio is high-profile and we competed directly with bigger companies to win projects at Fortune-500 companies in key industries.” – Full Review