Protiviti Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 20, 2017

2.8

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Protiviti (Washington, DC) in July 2016.

Interview

Two 30-minute interviews. First was a case study which was easy and the interviewer helps you through it. Second was a behavioral interview. Interviewer was not interested at all. Was conducting work during a 30-minute interview. Case study was very easy but the behavioral part was painful.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Protiviti (New York, NY).

Interview

The first round was a case study that was fairly straight forward and solvable by people of any background (IT, Accounting, Finance, Management, Economics). The case was just about proving a company's process. It was a 45 minute interview surrounding the case, and 45 minutes of behavioral questions. This was on campus.

Second round was 2 behavioral interviews that were 30 minutes each, an office tour, and a group exercise.

Interview Questions

• Do you know what the position of consultant actually entails?   Answer Question

Technology Consulting Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Protiviti (Chicago, IL) in June 2016.

Interview

I had two 30 minute interviews. The first was a case interview and the second was a behavioral. I interviewed through their leadership program. For the case, we were emailed a diagram with instructions the night before. When I walked into the case interview, I was presented with the 'problem' and a factsheet.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had a group member that was not cooperating   1 Answer

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Protiviti.

Interview

2 30 minute interviews with managers, then worked with other interviewees to present a case to the entire office. Met with MDs after that and were able to meet with the entire office to learn about the roles and responsibilities and expectations upon assuming the role.

Technology Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tallahassee, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Protiviti (Tallahassee, FL).

Interview

I was recruited through my university's career fair, and interviewed on campus. It was a two part interview, 30 min behavioral questions and a 30 minute case study. I was invited to the second round office visits but had a conflict with my student schedule, and Protiviti was so accommodating to my situation they allowed me to do a phone interview.

Technology Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Protiviti.

Interview

The hiring process was very quick. I applied through my college after speaking with them at a career fair and received an interview invitation the next week. They had a appetizer/social hour the night before the interview to meet everyone and ask any questions. The interview was very easy, not intimidating at all. The first 30 minutes was a basic behavioral one and the next 30 minutes was a case interview. They send you information the night before about the case and essentially just walk you through it.

Interview Questions

• Explain something to me that your passionate about as if I knew absolutely nothing about it.   Answer Question

Process Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Protiviti (Dallas, TX) in May 2016.

Interview

The first interview was much more rigorous than the second. In the first interview you are presented with a case and asked to identify problems within the case. From there you are to devise controls to fix the situation. The second interview was much more relaxed and just a simple conversation to get to know one another.

Interview Questions

• How do you think your on campus experiences can translate to a career in consulting?   Answer Question

Senior Manager/Associate Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Protiviti (San Francisco, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

I participated in an investigative/meet-and-greet interview, set up through a LinkedIn connection. I spoke with a Managing Director, with the intent of learning about Protiviti, and sharing my background to get his thoughts on where I was best suited to look for roles in his company.

Though the Managing Director was very responsive in setting up the discussion, his participation on the discussion made me walk away from applying for any roles at Protiviti.

While I realize a decision about a company should not be made based on one person, I think that this MD underestimated how important it is to show up well with prospective employees. He came across as very rude and arrogant, but even worse, he had no answers to any of the questions I was asking. I expected him to be able to talk about his company's culture - and he could not. I expected that he could speak about the types of engagements Protiviti has - he could not give a digestible answer. He was difficult to engage, had no interest in a two way conversation, and was frankly unprepared.

As I was going through my background and the interests that I had in Protiviti based off of my research, he couldn't form a coherent question or offer up any advice to be followed. It's not that he wasn't listening, or that he was distracted, it's that he was unable to formulate a response.

This experience led me to walk away from this company, very disappointed. I would have much preferred he send me to someone in his organization who could have represented the company in a positive light. Had that discussion taken place, perhaps they would have gained a strong employee. At a minimum, this company would not have left a bad place in my memory, and this review would have never been written!

Interview Questions

• Describe your company's work culture and environment.   Answer Question
    • What makes a successful candidate and employee at Protiviti?   Answer Question
    • Given my work experience, where do you think I would most be able to benefit Protiviti with my expertise?   Answer Question

Process Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Protiviti (Dallas, TX) in April 2016.

Interview

The interview process went smoothly. I was updated throughout the entire process. I interviewed in the Dallas office and everyone that I met was great. It's a very laid back environment. I had a personality interview with one woman, went through the case study with another woman, and a week later, I had a phone interview with an Associate Director. Everyone was very easy to relate to. My phone interview was supposed to be 15 minutes and we ended up talking for almost an hour. If you're going to interview with them, make sure you have questions about the job ready. You are interviewing them just as much as they are interviewing you. Protiviti is a wonderful company; it feels like a family. Leadership is stellar and humble; a great combination.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time you dealt with conflict.   Answer Question
    • There was a case study and they give you a flowchart the afternoon before the interview.
      Questions: What did you find were the key issues, Where would you make improvements, etc.
      They also read you a narrative about the flowchart and hope that you pick up on some more issues there.   Answer Question

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Protiviti (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

The interview process was great. I was informed that my skills would be great for the organization. I was then told that they were going to make an offer twice. 5 months later, no offer. Disappointing and misleading.