Protiviti Interview Questions in New York, NY | Glassdoor

2.5

56 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Protiviti (New York, NY).

Interview

on campus and in the office interviews.
    in the office:
    1. behavioral interview (30 min)
    2. case-study interview (30 min)
    HR dept was extremely helpful and consistent with communication throughout the interview process and leading up to the internship.
    They definitely are looking for a specific type of candidate who fits the position as well as the values/culture of the company.

Application

Interview

I applied through a campus recruiting site, within 2 days I had an email setting up a phone interview. I then scheduled an on-campus interview where I had a behavioral portion and then a case study.

Application

Interview

I applied after a job fair and I did actually only the first step, which consists in a quite traditional assessment centre. 3 Tests: english, logic and written business case. After a short lunch break, they asked us to solve the case in group. Poor organization of this part, being honest .
    It did not pass this first step, even if I sincerely feel to have performed quite well. Probably there was not the cultural fit.

Internal Audit Consultant Interview

Application

Interview

The interview was a very smooth process. I applied through my University's On-Campus recruitment. The initial interview was a one-hour appointment on my campus, split into two sessions. The first session was a discussion based on a case study provided by the Protiviti recruiter the evening before. Given a limited amount of time to analyze the case study, one is expected to be able to bring forward conversational points and notes of attention regarding the case. But don't be overly nervous, because my interviewer was actually very polite and walked me through the various points of analysis. It was actually quite informative yet not too convoluted, and his intention was for me to understand the approach that a person in the role of a Consultant would assume in observing a client's day-to-day business process. The second session after the case-study was more of a "behavioral study" which was a one-on-one with a manager from Protiviti. This was a bit less formal, and was more of a discussion of my personal experience through college as well as my prior internship/work experience. Overall, both sessions went fairly well, and the interviewers were genuinely engaged in the session, which helped me ease up and overcome any and all nerves I might have initially felt. The interviewers also shared their own experience with the firm and allowed me to gain a visual of what my life might be like while employed at a firm like Protiviti. Furthermore, they were successfully able to convey the mood, culture, and environment I could expect from Protiviti, and I must say that they gave me strong, positive impression. The recruiters were also very helpful, constantly giving a vibrant and genial vibe like they really cared about what they do and who they were considering for their firm. This, as I said, was only the first interview opportunity. A second opportunity, which presumably will be at the Protiviti office location, is completely contingent upon their evaluation of me after this interview session. As it stands, I have not received a follow-up response from this interview just yet, but I am infinitely optimistic nonetheless. I believe Protiviti is a great place to potentially work, and the people I met carried themselves with class and character, so I can't say enough of the impression I received from the firm. If a second interview date is planned in the near future, I will be sure to post another interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a challenge you faced in your college years, and explain why it was particularly difficult for you and also how you were able to overcome this challenge.   1 Answer

Technology Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Protiviti (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview was two parts: a behavioral interview, and a case study. Each were 30 minutes. For both interviews, both of the interviewers were extremely courteous, were open to whatever you said, and asking questions about what you were talking about. For the case study you were given a sheet of paper and were told that you had five minutes to read the narrative. During these five minutes you were encouraged to make notes on the paper about what you would change about the business according to the narrative.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to deal with teammates or fellow employees who didn't put effort into a project.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Protiviti (New York, NY).

Interview

A super day where you will interview with two separate individuals and conduct group activities. They day is filled with guest speakers and first and second year employees who are in the position you are applying for. The interview process was pretty low key they just wanted to talk and find out what kind of person you are. Didn't really ask an intense or hard questions.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Application

Interview

The first round was a case study that was fairly straight forward and solvable by people of any background (IT, Accounting, Finance, Management, Economics). The case was just about proving a company's process. It was a 45 minute interview surrounding the case, and 45 minutes of behavioral questions. This was on campus.

Second round was 2 behavioral interviews that were 30 minutes each, an office tour, and a group exercise.

Interview Questions

• Do you know what the position of consultant actually entails?   Answer Question

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Protiviti (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

The interview process was great. I was informed that my skills would be great for the organization. I was then told that they were going to make an offer twice. 5 months later, no offer. Disappointing and misleading.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Protiviti (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

Purely behavioral interview, both for them and for me; Protiviti trie to ensure that I would be getting a feel for the company just as much as they were trying to see if I would be a good fit. They flew me in from my college in Massachusetts to NYC for a 5-ish hour interview process. There were two short interviews and then the interns and possible new hires were grouped and given tasks (i.e. create a sketch) to complete. It's more than likely that this was just a way to pass time until everyone had finished their interviews. Overall, the process was very easy and all of the people I interacted with were very friendly.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Protiviti (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

The recruiter was very nice and prompt at calling at the scheduled interview time, was very transparent about the role and responsibilities. This company seems like a great place to grow and provide career opportunities and advancement. We did not talk about pay but it was to be based on experience in the role and limited opportunity for bonus.