Providence Health & Services Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 23, 2017

2.8

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Providence Health & Services (Seattle, WA) in February 2017.

Interview

Contacted via email by recruiter who set up a 30 minute interview. She sent me benefit information through email. It took three weeks for her to even respond that I wasn't chosen to move forward and that was after I followed up twice via email. She ignored me and then blamed it on "we’ve had a lot of positions moving around". Unprofessional and highly lacking in communication skills. the company sent me an email requesting how I felt about the outcome and I rated the company a zero (lowest score) and recommended that the specific recruiter increase her communication skills and professionalism. She didnt represent the company in a positive light. Who cares why I left my previous employers?!?! Half of the interview was focused on this. Focus on my experience and what I bring to the table. Good thing the company is a nonprofit if the past is the main focus. Focus on why I want this specific position with this specific company.

Interview Questions

• Why providence? Why I left my previous employers? WHO CARES. Compensation was also discussed.   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Providence Health & Services (Portland, OR).

Interview

It was a standard corporate process. Three part process that started with an email requesting an phone interview. Then a phone call was received to schedule an in-person panel interview. I had an interview with Management and then several weeks later I received an offer.

Interview Questions

• What projects have I led? My positon wasn't a project specific   1 Answer

Senior Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Renton, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Providence Health & Services (Renton, WA).

Interview

Panel interview with 3 or 4 staff going around the table asking questions. Questions were varied and not all of the staff had any input for the position. Hiring manager was among the group. Sometimes I asked clarifying questions as some of the questions were not 100% clear on what they were looking for. Everyone was nice and the interview started on time. Introductions were done and some casual talk at first to make you feel comfortable as they knew that interviewing was a bit nerve racking.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral and logical questions asking about your experiences and what if questions. Ask about strengths and weaknesses.   1 Answer

Referral Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Everett, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Providence Health & Services (Everett, WA) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online on Providence website with resume and within 3 days i had a request for video interview. Video interview had to be done i. 3 days and answer 5 questions

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time that you gave outstanding customer service   Answer Question

Customer Care Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

Interview

I had two separate interviews with different people each time. Initially, I was not selected but was told there might be a second position opening up in the same location in a few months. I was asked if I would still be interested. I told them I would be. And later, I received the call and was hired shortly after that.

Interview Questions

• My experiences with dealing with people face to face and especially those who may be difficult.   1 Answer

Patient Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Providence Health & Services (New York, NY).

Interview

Its a very long and lengthy hiring process and orientation is 2 days long for 8 hours each. Then you had to sit in class for about 3 days to learn the computer system. After that you have about 3 weeks of training in clinic.

Interview Questions

• What does working as a medical receptionist look like?   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Interview

Very pleasant and professional. Took about 2 months from application. A couple phone interviews, then Skype-like interview, then in person interview. Both the hiring manager and recruiter stayed in touch every step of the way.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotiated. Had to get HR approval, but got what I wanted.

Project Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Providence Health & Services.

Interview

I was first contacted by an HR Representative, then by the Department Manager, and then an interview was scheduled. The interview was a panel of 5 employees and lasted about an hour. After the panel interview I had another phone conversation with the department manager. The process then moved back to HR for references check and an offer.

Interview Questions

• Take us through your resume to highlight professional and educational experience that relates to this position.   Answer Question

Certified Nursing Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hood River, OR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Providence Health & Services (Hood River, OR).

Interview

I met with the main supervisor first and answered questions. Then 3 of the staff came in and asked questions and wrote down my answers. I was able to ask them any questions and it made it feel more casual. Nice staff. The recruiter called me right after the interview and said they would extend an offer Monday. It was Friday when I went in. Over all the process in general is long. Took a month before i could start, during the wait i submitted and waited for background checks and drug testing to go through. I look forward to working there.

Interview Questions

• They ask me why I felt I'd be a good candidate for the position.   Answer Question

Athletic Trainer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Providence Health & Services.

Interview

Face-to-face interview where the job was explained to me. I also got a tour of the facility. I got to meet the other staff athletic trainers and have them tell me about their day-to-day work life. I got to speak to the hiring manager. I got to ask questions. I was told that the position would be full-time but that it would not be benefitted. The salary offered was very low considering the amount of hours expected to be worked were high.

Interview Questions

There were no benefits and the salary was too low compared to the expected hours worked.