Providence Health & Services Interview Questions in Portland, OR | Glassdoor

Updated May 16, 2017

63 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Physical Therapist Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Providence Health & Services (Portland, OR) in April 2017.

Interview

First was a 30 min phone call then I had a face to face interview with two PTs that lasted about an hour and a half.

I first filled out the online application. Then I was asked to complete an online interview consisting of questions that I had to answer into my laptop camera with a predetermined time limit. Then I had a 30 min phone interview with a recruiter and once I got past that I had a panel interview with two PTs. Overall the process was pretty long but I felt my interviews went well and I thought I connected with the PTs I interviewed with.

PATIENT RELATIONS Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Providence Health & Services (Portland, OR) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied online on the Providence website and got an email from Talent Acquisition within 2-3 weeks. After that email, I had a phone interview. I passed that phone interview and got an in-person interview at a clinic.

Interview Questions

• Compassion is kindness and empathy towards others. Tell me about a time when you showed compassion towards another.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when working with someone different from yourself presented challenges for you. How did you handle the situation and why did you take that approach?   Answer Question

Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Providence Health & Services (Portland, OR) in February 2017.

Interview

They sent me a link for a video interview and it was uncomfortable. I did not have a webcam at home so had to do this interview in a public space. Also I feel that this process allows Providence to discriminate candidates without them ever knowing

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Providence Health & Services (Portland, OR).

Interview

It was a standard corporate process. Three part process that started with an email requesting an phone interview. Then a phone call was received to schedule an in-person panel interview. I had an interview with Management and then several weeks later I received an offer.

Interview Questions

• What projects have I led? My positon wasn't a project specific   1 Answer

Customer Care Representative Interview

Application

Interview

I had two separate interviews with different people each time. Initially, I was not selected but was told there might be a second position opening up in the same location in a few months. I was asked if I would still be interested. I told them I would be. And later, I received the call and was hired shortly after that.

Interview Questions

• My experiences with dealing with people face to face and especially those who may be difficult.   1 Answer

Occupational Therapist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Providence Health & Services (Portland, OR) in October 2016.

Interview

Interactive, friendly, professional interview. Online application process is relatively easy. Followed up with either webcam recorded interview or phone interview. Webcam option is terrible and half of the questions are not applicable to new grads, which made answering those questions very awkward. Phone interview went well and scheduled for in person interview. Was a final candidate but hospital ultimately chose another candidate with more direct experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you did not agree with a supervisor or colleague. How did you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Clinic Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Providence Health & Services (Portland, OR).

Interview

It was cumbersome. I had to return over and over again to meet with a variety of people, some of whom I rarely saw or worked with after I was hired.

Interview Questions

• Will I be bored in my job?   1 Answer
    • In the interview, I found out that they had very high turnover for this position. I asked them why they had so much turnover. (There had been 6 other managers in this same position in the past 5 years). I was concerned about that fact.   2 Answers

Negotiation

Fairly easy

Scheduling Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Providence Health & Services (Portland, OR) in August 2016.

Interview

Digital. Convenient. Brief. Questions do not discriminate between potential employees and current employees. General questions about organization overall and short essays about your experience/skills. Questions were very general...more about organization than candidate per se. Not much of an opportunity to display your skills or what makes you stand out as a candidate. It would be nice if there were more if/then and how questions. So, the hiring manager could get a better sense of each candidate.

Interview Questions

• Providence Health & Services is a Catholic group of hospitals and clinics, as such we routinely begin meetings with a prayer or reflection and have crosses throughout our hospitals. How do you feel about working in a faith based environment?   Answer Question

Customer Service/Service Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Providence Health & Services (Portland, OR) in August 2016.

Interview

Do NOT lie on your Resume. They are incredibly thorough, will contact each of your references plus your past employers. If they do not receive the answers they are seeking, they will request you send W-2's or Paystubs to prove employment. Be honest and you will have no problem!

Interview Questions

• "Of the many candidates we are interviewing, why should we choose you? Why do you stick out amongst them all?"   1 Answer

Registrar Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Providence Health & Services (Portland, OR) in August 2016.

Interview

I applied for the position through their employment website. Received an email for an invitation to interview and a few days later, I received a second round that took place at the hospital.