Providence Health & Services Interview Questions in Portland, OR | Glassdoor

Updated May 10, 2017

3.4

Physical Therapist Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Providence Health & Services (Portland, OR) in April 2017.

Interview

First was a 30 min phone call then I had a face to face interview with two PTs that lasted about an hour and a half.

I first filled out the online application. Then I was asked to complete an online interview consisting of questions that I had to answer into my laptop camera with a predetermined time limit. Then I had a 30 min phone interview with a recruiter and once I got past that I had a panel interview with two PTs. Overall the process was pretty long but I felt my interviews went well and I thought I connected with the PTs I interviewed with.

Interview Questions

• How have you handled a difficult patient or co-worker?   Answer Question

Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Providence Health & Services (Portland, OR) in February 2017.

Interview

They sent me a link for a video interview and it was uncomfortable. I did not have a webcam at home so had to do this interview in a public space. Also I feel that this process allows Providence to discriminate candidates without them ever knowing

Occupational Therapist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Providence Health & Services (Portland, OR) in October 2016.

Interview

Interactive, friendly, professional interview. Online application process is relatively easy. Followed up with either webcam recorded interview or phone interview. Webcam option is terrible and half of the questions are not applicable to new grads, which made answering those questions very awkward. Phone interview went well and scheduled for in person interview. Was a final candidate but hospital ultimately chose another candidate with more direct experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you did not agree with a supervisor or colleague. How did you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Scheduling Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Providence Health & Services (Portland, OR) in August 2016.

Interview

Digital. Convenient. Brief. Questions do not discriminate between potential employees and current employees. General questions about organization overall and short essays about your experience/skills. Questions were very general...more about organization than candidate per se. Not much of an opportunity to display your skills or what makes you stand out as a candidate. It would be nice if there were more if/then and how questions. So, the hiring manager could get a better sense of each candidate.

Interview Questions

• Providence Health & Services is a Catholic group of hospitals and clinics, as such we routinely begin meetings with a prayer or reflection and have crosses throughout our hospitals. How do you feel about working in a faith based environment?   Answer Question

Quality Systems Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Providence Health & Services (Portland, OR).

Interview

The interview process went smoothly and efficiently. Everyone seemed to be on the same page with regards to schedule and the questions asked were topical and reasonable. I felt comfortable during the process and felt that the staff did a good job.

Interview Questions

• What quality improvement projects have you worked on in the past?   1 Answer

PATIENT RELATIONS Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Providence Health & Services (Portland, OR) in May 2016.

Interview

Note: it has been almost two months since applying. I have had the first interview. There's supposed to be a second interview. I called two times, and emailed once over the period of four weeks before I even was replied to and updated on the status. I'm still being considered and waiting...

The interview took place at Providence St Vincent's and the process is ok. I applied online, they called two days later to schedule the first interview after a phone screening, and two days later I was interviewed (that's six days after applying). Good sign! They came out to get me late (~15 minutes late). The lady was unsure if another person would be joining us; another person did join. The two ladies took turns asking standard questions, and did not deviate from the questions too much. The second interview is supposed to take place with the entire staff.

Interview Questions

• What would you do/how would you prioritize if there was a client at the front window with a crisis, the phone was ringing, and there were emails being pinged to you in a constant stream? How does this scenario make you feel?   2 Answers

Clinic Research Associate I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Providence Health & Services (Portland, OR) in May 2016.

Interview

I received a phone call (screening) by the recruiter. Once I passed the initial screening the manager of the position called me to do a phone interview. After that phone interview I was invited to a in-person interview with a panel of 12+ individual. After the panel interview I met with the PI of the study.

Interview Questions

• Explain a conflict in your past work experience and how you dealt with it?   Answer Question

Human Resources Business Partner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Providence Health & Services (Portland, OR) in April 2016.

Interview

Phone interview with a recruiter, in-person with a HR Director, in-person with the person currently filling the role, HireVue video interview and now scheduled to meet with the team at the location where the position is open - BRUTAL!

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable working with a company that starts their meetings with a reflection or prayer?   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Providence Health & Services (Portland, OR) in March 2015.

Interview

Online application, phone screen with Recruiter, in person interview with hiring manager/s. Discuss the scope of the position as well as work experience and how that fits with position you are applying for.

Business Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Providence Health & Services (Portland, OR) in March 2014.

Interview

Phone interview with hiring manager. It was very different than all my previous interviews. Interviewer seemed on the defense when I asked questions. Not sure if we just didn't connect or if they had already made some assumption about me. They made it clear job was NOT in IT and they had a lot of work.

Interview Questions

• Why aren't you returned to your previous XYZ company? It was somewhere I hadn't worked in 3 years so seemed odd.   Answer Question