Providence Health & Services Interview Questions in Portland, OR | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 27, 2017

64 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Providence Health & Services (Portland, OR).

Interview

Contacted by e-mail by unit manager. Arranged interview with her and then group interview with other staff nurses. Typing test administered at that time. Job offer the next day via e-mail.

Interview Questions

• Select interview process is used. Other questions by staff nurses included some to assess critical thinking skills.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No ability to negotiate salary.

Pharmacy Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Providence Health & Services (Portland, OR).

Interview

Initial interview is usually pleasant. They ask about 8 questions by 6 to 8 employees from current employees. Prospective employees should come to interview dress appropiately and be smiling during interview. Make sure to have a list of questions you wish to ask. Take bottle of water to interview.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time when you had a problem with authority at a job and how did you handle it.   Answer Question

Department they wanted me to move to was very unfriendly so I took time off to look for another job.

PATIENT RELATIONS Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Providence Health & Services (Portland, OR) in May 2016.

Interview

Note: it has been almost two months since applying. I have had the first interview. There's supposed to be a second interview. I called two times, and emailed once over the period of four weeks before I even was replied to and updated on the status. I'm still being considered and waiting...

The interview took place at Providence St Vincent's and the process is ok. I applied online, they called two days later to schedule the first interview after a phone screening, and two days later I was interviewed (that's six days after applying). Good sign! They came out to get me late (~15 minutes late). The lady was unsure if another person would be joining us; another person did join. The two ladies took turns asking standard questions, and did not deviate from the questions too much. The second interview is supposed to take place with the entire staff.

Interview Questions

• What would you do/how would you prioritize if there was a client at the front window with a crisis, the phone was ringing, and there were emails being pinged to you in a constant stream? How does this scenario make you feel?   2 Answers

Registrar Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Providence Health & Services (Portland, OR) in August 2016.

Interview

I applied for the position through their employment website. Received an email for an invitation to interview and a few days later, I received a second round that took place at the hospital.

Cleaning Attendant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Providence Health & Services (Portland, OR) in August 2012.

Interview

The hiring process was very chill. I applied on the last week of June 2011, got a call two weeks later to schedule an interview. Went for the interview, and a day later got a call from HR asking if I would take the job.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Providence Health & Services (Portland, OR) in October 2010.

Interview

Common practice interview... HR is slow, however once you get past HR you round with interview panel rapidly. Overall, you end up answering common industry questions such as "tell me about a time where you failed." You round with manager, interview with service line director and then progress to panel interview.

Interview Questions

• Not difficult, "Tell me about a time where you failed yourself and a client?" Seemed like a get you question   1 Answer

Negotiation

Not very detailed... They have a cap, and typically like to start you just shy of mid-range.

Research Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Providence Health & Services (Portland, OR).

Interview

The interview was low stress and not overly formal. It felt like a natural give-and-take conversation and did not include any difficult or "got-cha" questions. The interviewer, who had a calm demeanor, asked about my background and interests and then described the job duties and schedule. The location (hospital common space) and format of the interview put me at ease and allowed me to field the questions in a relaxed manner.

Phlebotomist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Providence Health & Services (Portland, OR) in September 2015.

Interview

It was pretty simple. First a phone screen and then an in person interview. All within a week span. I got offered the job about a couple weeks after the in person interview.

Windows Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Providence Health & Services (Portland, OR) in January 2013.

Interview

Simple and single interview with small group 2-4 people. There was a silly hand written test you have to do that ask some really 101 type tech questions. They seemed to be more looking at personality fit rather technical skills. It was relaxed and took about 45 mins. I had a follow up phone call with the director that again was about learning more about my personality then technical. Over all it should be an easy interview for anyone with some skills.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time you solved an issue with Active Directory?   1 Answer
    • What is raid 0   1 Answer
    • What is your experience with VMWare   1 Answer

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Providence Health & Services (Portland, OR) in March 2015.

Interview

Submitted an online application, contacted by HR recruiter, asked to submit interview video, came in for an interview shortly there after with floor manager, hired that night, passed background check and work history within a few weeks. Started work 3 weeks later.

Interview Questions

• Tell us how you have managed conflict with a coworker?
      Tell me about a time you felt a care-plan was not beneficial or unsafe, what did you do?   Answer Question