Providence Health & Services Interview Questions in Renton, WA | Glassdoor

2.7

36 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Senior Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Renton, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Providence Health & Services (Renton, WA).

Interview

Panel interview with 3 or 4 staff going around the table asking questions. Questions were varied and not all of the staff had any input for the position. Hiring manager was among the group. Sometimes I asked clarifying questions as some of the questions were not 100% clear on what they were looking for. Everyone was nice and the interview started on time. Introductions were done and some casual talk at first to make you feel comfortable as they knew that interviewing was a bit nerve racking.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral and logical questions asking about your experiences and what if questions. Ask about strengths and weaknesses.   1 Answer

Supervisor, Talent Acquisition Interview

Anonymous Employee in Renton, WA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Providence Health & Services (Renton, WA).

Interview

I attended a Talent Acquisition Open House event at the campus in Renton in May and was extremely impressed with the TA leadership and team and the exciting initiatives happening at Providence. After connecting with a TA manager there I applied and shortly after was contacted for a phone screen followed by an on site interview with two managers and a lead recruiter. I also had an opportunity to meet other members of the recruiting team. I was asked back for a 2nd interview with my future manager as well as director and was offered the position. I'm looking forward to joining the team!

Interview Questions

• The interview primarily focused on what background and experience I'd be bringing to the team, challenges in the talent acquisition space and how I would contribute.   Answer Question

Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Renton, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Providence Health & Services (Renton, WA) in July 2016.

Interview

Applied online, received an email from the recruiter for a phone screen. Had the phone screen and was told I'd hear back in a few days.

This is where it was really odd - I feel like I was given the "run-around" for what was to happen next. They asked me to come in for an in person interview, then said I was to be considered for 3 job openings (not just 1). After inviting me onsite, a few days later they asked me to have another phone interview with 2 potential hiring managers for 2 additional roles.

Following this, I received a cold email the next day saying I was out for all of the positions I was being considered for. Not sure what happened, the questions were relatively easy and the discussion seemed to be fairly positive.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your team and how you keep them motivated.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Renton, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Providence Health & Services (Renton, WA) in June 2016.

Interview

I applied as an internal candidate. The process took about a month. First round of the interview process involved a video interview. Later, a recruiter contacted me for an in-person panel interview. The interview itself was quite positive; they asked a medley of questions, mostly behavioral. Although I satisfied more than the minimum requirements, I eventually lost out to an external candidate with more experience. Oh well - you win some, you lose some.

Interview Questions

• Can you give me an example of a time you experienced resistance during a project?   Answer Question

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Renton, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Providence Health & Services (Renton, WA).

Interview

Contacted after applying online by a Providence recruiter, set up an interview date and time and within a few hours was offered the position. After accepting then there was further steps, drug testing, background check, one completed then an onboarding time was set.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle stressful situations   1 Answer

Negotiation

There really was no negotiations, salary was acceptable

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Providence Health & Services (Renton, WA).

Interview

I had applied about 3 months earlier and had honestly forgotten about the position when I was called in for an interview. i interviewed with 2 supervisors in the HR department and the interview was very smooth and conversational. Pay, and movement in the company was openly discussed in the interview.I felt confident about it and received a call a week later with a job offer that I accepted.

Interview Questions

• When was a time when you were not able to give a customer what they requested, and how did you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Renton, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Providence Health & Services (Renton, WA) in April 2016.

Interview

First interview by phone with recruiter, who basically validated my resume. Second interview about 10 days later via phone with the hiring manager. Had a great conversation, but the projects were not a good fit for my background, so I suggested I withdraw my candidacy. Manager said there were other positions available being offered by his peers and wanted to bring me in for a panel interview. Two weeks later had a panel interview with two hiring managers in my areas of interest. Great interview, with the typical questions. Two weeks later had a fourth interview with project stakeholders.
    Ultimately, they went with an internal candidate.
    Overall a very positive experience, and I'm hoping to still get my foot in the door.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you were unable to deliver something for your customer. How did you handle it and how did it turn out?   Answer Question

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Renton, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Providence Health & Services (Renton, WA).

Interview

I was interviewed by the manager and two others in the department. They each took turns asking questions and jotting the answers down. They were all very nice and made me feel very comfortable. They also took the time to ask me questions about my activities outside of work, my hobbies. etc.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Renton, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Providence Health & Services (Renton, WA) in November 2015.

Interview

Interviews included: (1) initial phone screen w/HR recruiter; (2) phone screen with hiring manager; (3) phone screen with key partner/client in the org; (4) in-person panel interview with hiring manager, organization's partner/client, and peer. Application was completed last August. Decision was conveyed in November. Offer letter available in December. The process was not quick, but the HR recruiter was super; he kept me posted all along the way and was quick to obtain and provide feedback. I accepted about $20K less than I was hoping to earn, but I took into consideration their non-profit status, their corporate culture, and their willingness to pay at the top of their range. I felt I was treated with respect and consideration, and that the recruiter did a great job with communication. It was - obviously - not a quick process.

Interview Questions

• Some questions were domain expertise-specific. Some were behavioral questions. I was expected to know something about the culture and history of the organization, which was not a problem; I made it my business to do that research.   1 Answer

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Renton, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Providence Health & Services (Renton, WA) in November 2015.

Interview

After applying, I was contacted for a 30-minute phone screen with the recruiter. The next day, I was scheduled for 2, 45-minute calls with team leaders. The final stage was an onsite interview day with 5 team leaders (3 1-hour interviews).

In additional to questions about cultural/organization fit, I was asked many situation-based behavioral questions related to my area of expertise. The offer came 2 business days after the final interview.

Overall, I had a very positive experience throughout the recruitment process. The recruiter was very attentive to the fact that I was expecting another offer and moved me as quickly as possible through interviews. I appreciated the organization's flexibility and willingness to help a qualified candidate get a shot at the role.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about working in a Catholic, faith-based organization?   Answer Question