Provident New York Bancorp Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Provident New York Bancorp Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at Provident New York Bancorp

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Provident New York Bancorp.

Interview

Met with the Head of Wealth Management in their Montebello office. She started off by asking me some very simple questions. I know she was not new to the business but only at the firm for about 6 months. She very freely spoke about firings and Advisors on writen warning. Out of 6 Reps it seemed that only 2 were decent in her books. I asked if she felt the Advisors couldn't be coached up? I mean part of being a Manager is Coaching in this business not being a dictator. I started to interview her at this point because clearly it was not the place for me. The bank side of the program is run by a Young Lady who is a top notch partner. If you are new to the business and 60-80k a year is good enough for you then give it a try. If you are looking to work for someone who will be your biggest advocate then she is not the one you want to work for...PERIOD!

Interview Questions

• I fired a rep when I got here and have one on written warning...   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Provident New York Bancorp.

Interview

Initial contact was with HR who was very nice and welcoming which gave a great first impression. Interview was done in a way that made you feel comfortable so you felt open to having a conversation about your work history, abilities and fair chance to present yourself. Was very professional but yet friendly.

Interview Questions

• Asked a question about a difficult employee and how it was handled.   Answer Question