Prudential Business Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Prudential Business Analyst Interview Questions

2.8

10 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Prudential.

Interview

FIRST ROUND , HR CALLED , ASKED MY DETAILS , MADE ME DO GATE TEST . NO FOLLoW UP AFTER THAT .Never heard back from them and never received any updates after that

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Prudential

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Prudential in January 2017.

Interview

I applied for a one year contract to hire position. A couple of days later I received the email that I would expect a phone interview. I had a IT director and manager interviewing me on the phone at the same time. All the general interview question regarding my current role and responsibilities. I hang up the phone thinking I would be called for an in person interview. Three days later the job agent contacted me saying they have decided to choose two other candidates for in person interview. They did wrote a very long emails for feedback regarding what I did well and not. One thing they have mentioned is that I spoke too fast, and then my current company's strategy is very different from theirs (waterfall v.s. agile). Though I did not get the in person interview, it was helpful feedback and helped me to move forward in my career.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Prudential in March 2016.

Interview

I applied through my school's career development website. Within 2 weeks an on campus interview was set up. Your basic screening happened, general information about the internship and then behavioral questions about group and individual environment. Very friendly, even got a cup of water for me.

I heard back the next day for second round of interviews. The HR were really quick with the responses for questions I had. All necessary information and accommodations were provided for transportation to get to the Prudential site.

When I had arrived, I was given clear directions and an overview how the interviews will go (2 people). I was brought to an empty room and my interviewers came soon after. Nothing too tough, same basic behavioral questions and even more in depth talks about the position and possible future even after the summer was over. Everyone, including the first interviewer back on campus, we're super friendly and it was the

I heard back in 3 days about the feedback of my interviews, where I was given an on phone offer with details about the job and what to expect in my formal offer that was yet to be sent via email!

Interview Questions

• are you okay with working by yourself at times of little to no direction?   Answer Question
    • tell me about a time you mad an unpopular decision and what was the result of that?   Answer Question
    • walk me through your resume   Answer Question
    • tell me about a time when you were working in a group and your team members wouldn't cooperate   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Prudential (Newark, NJ) in January 2016.

Interview

Applied online and was e-mailed about the status of my application. Eventually was called into the interview at Prudential with the human resources team. Was asked about basic, off the script qualifications questions as well as asked about a time when I had to overcome difficulty or obstacles to ultimately get the job done. Straight-forward and easy.

Interview Questions

• When was a time when you had to overcome a difficult situation to get the job done?
      When have you been in charge of a team and how was it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Prudential (Newark, NJ) in July 2014.

Interview

I applied on July and I got the call two weeks later for a phone interview. The same day I received an invitation for a face-to-face interview for the following week. The interview was very easy and most behavioral and situational questions. They wanted to know if you will be a good fit in the team. But don't trust the job description and required skills, those are too vague and in the interview they will tell you. Be prepared!

Interview Questions

• Asked me about fixed income knowledge however it was not a skill required in the job description but they were looking for someone with those skills.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Prudential.

Interview

Took 1 month for my status to change from Resume Acknowledged to Resume Under Review (which means you will be contacted). Had 1 phone interview with the hiring director. Then had a face to face interview with other members of their staff. Still waiting to hear a yes or no and it has been around 3 months.

Interview Questions

• All the questions were pretty straight forward. There were not any random out of the blue type questions. It was more geared toward how the person would fit in the team and if the would gel.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Prudential (Newark, NJ) in April 2009.

Interview

basic campus interview then formal office interview where you meet with 6-8 people. They asked everything from behavior questions, some which were repetitive from the 1st interview, to actual job questions to questions about the economy. The people were decent and the intern program was pretty good. They had a weekly program where you meet with senior leaders.

Business Analyst Interview

Interview

the recruiter took a very long time to call me back. it was more like a conversation, not very professional

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Prudential.

Interview

Thirty Minute On campus interview.
    Second round interviews were on site and took up the entire day. There were eight total interviews on that day and they were done in a cycle. You will be competing against at least eight other people.
    All interviews involved behavioral questions, nothing to technical.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a regression test in a business analysis environment.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Prudential in March 2011.

Interview

Fairly straightforward. One round interview.

I received an email from HR asking me if I was still interested in the position and my interview time availability. We confirmed a date and time and I went in.

Interview lasted 3 hours. Met with four different people ranging from Manager to VP. Met with the group VP (hiring manager) he asked me basic interview questions. (ie Give me an example when...) Also met with some people from other groups that I would be interacting with.

Was told that that they would be interviewing for another two weeks. Got a call two weeks later offering me the position.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of when you needed to take a calculated risk.   Answer Question