Prudential Customer Service Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 18, 2017

2.2

10 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Prudential (Scottsdale, AZ) in August 2017.

Interview

I was not impressed with the process. I had no verbal contact with a hiring manager. It was all done on email. There was no phone interview. When I arrived I was told the person I was supposed to interview with had to leave and I interviewed with 2 people, a man and woman. I found​ it highly unprofessional. They were dressed like they were attending an afternoon picnic. I was dressed business professional and I felt over dressed. I am glad I did not receive a job offer. I don't think the environment and culture would have worked for me.

Interview Questions

• I was asked your standard questions. Nothing was anything that was hard to answer. Of course, I got the tell me about a time you went above and beyond to solve a customer issue.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Prudential

Anonymous Employee in Dresher, PA

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Prudential (Dresher, PA) in August 2017.

Interview

I applied through Indeed to a staffing company, Asphire, that set the interview up for me. I interviewed with Asphire first, then went to Prudential to interview. The interview was about 30 minutes (questions, conversation, and overview of the company, its values, and the position). Ask a lot of detailed good questions and take notes. The guy who interviewed me loved that! And be super involved and friendly before and during the interview.
    I sent a thank you email, then got a call back an hour later that I was hired.
    The next morning, Asphire sent me all of the on-boarding paperwork. I had to wait 4 weeks to start with all the other agents, so we could start our training.

Interview Questions

• How have you handled difficult or irate customers in the past?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you went above and beyond for a customer. Why did you do it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Prudential (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

Simple and straight forward. Very friendly phone interview. Positive experience but not a good fit for me. Simple and straight forward. Very friendly phone interview. Positive experience but not a good fit for me. Simple and straight forward. Very friendly phone interview. Positive experience but not a good fit for me. Simple and straight forward. Very friendly phone interview. Positive experience but not a good fit for me.

Anonymous Employee in Dubuque, IA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Prudential (Dubuque, IA) in November 2015.

Interview

There was a phone interview and two "In-Person" interviews. The process was quite similar to other companies in the financial services industry. There is also a personality test that must be taken prior to the initial phone interview. Everything was either handled over email or over the phone. Be aware that communication skills are taken into account through your skills in replying verbally and in written form. There may be many representatives that you must speak with in order to complete every step of the process.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you lead a team to success, whether at your previous workplace or in the classroom and how did you go about reaching that success?   Answer Question
    • Name a time when you had to help an irritated customer. What did you do and why?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Horsham, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Prudential (Horsham, PA) in January 2014.

Interview

Routine interview questions the ones that all of the companies use now. You can google all of the questions and answers and ace it easily. Its all available on like , ask.com and how-to.com and yahoo answers.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle an irate caller?   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Interview

quick response time (less then 3 weeks between receipt of resume and interview invitation), good atmosphere, fair questions, 2 interviews in total (first with HR only, 2nd with head of department), both took about one hours each. first interview contained general questions about me and my personality, the second was more job specific.

found another position that was more promising & better paid

Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Prudential (Scottsdale, AZ) in June 2012.

Interview

Phone screen, face to face interview I with the department manager and supervisor and they asked about 10 behavioral questions and I had to give examples. Then they asked if I had questions.

Anonymous Employee in Shelton, CT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Prudential (Shelton, CT) in May 2011.

Interview

Had a great interview. Met with a man and he took me upstairs and bascically asked me questions about my values.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They asked if I wanted the job. I said yes.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dresher, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Prudential (Dresher, PA) in February 2010.

Interview

The process started with an online application along with an employee referral. After a wait of about 2 weeks I was contacted for a breif phone interview and a few days later scheduled for a onsite interview. The interview was conducted by a manager and associate manager and I thought it went rather well. Unfortunately, I was not offered a position but was encouraged to apply for the next round of hiring.

Interview Questions

• After describing how managing the expectations of a demanding former employer had become an important part of that position, I was asked to cite some specific examples.   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Prudential in April 2010.

Interview

I applied for the positon online, then I was contacted by a recruiter. The recuiter asked me a few questions on the phone and gave a rather thorough description of the job, salary, although I did nto ask for the info. I just took a perosnality, skills, and cognitive thinking test. Just wondering if anyone has any tips incase I get a face to face interview. Also, does anyone know of ways to tell if you got the job based on the recruiters/ interviewers behaviors/actions/questions?