Prudential Financial Advisor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 22, 2017

2.6

31 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Prudential.

Interview

There are 3 interviews. The first one is with the Recruiting Manager. The second one is with the Manager with tests. The last one is with the panel which has 3 managers and directors.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Prudential

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Prudential.

Interview

Referred through a friend. Process was a couple phone interviews then a final in person interview. The job was out of state so I think I had more phone interviews prior to coming in-person than most.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Prudential (Irvine, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

In person Interview with the Irvine Director after an initial phone screening. After detailed but leisurely interview I was shown their office and met some of the team members. I was told it was very difficult starting out but has good payoff later on. Lots of lead generation.

Interview Questions

• Why I was interested and what I expected. What my background was.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Camp Pendleton, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Prudential (Camp Pendleton, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

I interviewed at a hiring fair. I emailed a copy of my resume and I brought a hard copy to the fair also. I walked up to the booth and introduced myself and gave a background of my work experience and skills I possess.

Interview Questions

• What do you want to gain from working with our company?   1 Answer

Financial Advisor Interview

Interview

I'm pretty annoyed. A random recruiter called me saying that I had applied for a position even though I never applied for one. He indicated that there is an information session coming up.

Hint: Insurance companies are notorious for disguising sales positions by calling them "financial advisors".

Another hint: people that mass hire are the only ones that hold information sessions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chalfont, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Prudential (Chalfont, PA) in June 2016.

Interview

My interviewer was a personable woman who clearly explained the job opening to me. It was for a Financial Advisor, and I would have to obtain at least three licenses to sell insurance in my state. The fee for these licenses was $900-$1,000. If I passed the tests, I would be reimbursed the money by the company. Essentially, I was studying to become an independent insurance agent, with support from Prudential if I required it. There would be no salary. My income would be based on my sales and my commission from them.

Interview Questions

• Was I the entrepreneurial type?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Prudential (Milwaukee, WI) in May 2016.

Interview

The interview was very casual and was 1 on 1 with the hiring manager. Second interview was with the regional vice president. I then went through a background check that took several weeks to get completed. I then had a third interview with the hiring manager again to see if I had any questions or concerns.

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Prudential.

Interview

It was simple. I had received a call from a recruiter. She asked me to fill out a survey and then scheduled an day for an interview. Interview was about 40 minutes. The whole interview was just putting a face to the name. I was asked if I had wanted to try for the position. I did not wanted to continue with the process.

Interview Questions

• Asks about work experience, what are your future goals, etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Brunswick, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Prudential (East Brunswick, NJ) in April 2016.

Interview

asked me if i had $950 to spend for all the testing/ license fees. cuz lady on phone(Pearle) didnt want to "waste her time." Then asked if i was part of any type of church or big group so i can bring in clients for them. told me i could make 80-120k per year so i was interested and set up appt for interview. then i did reseasrch on this east brunswick location. NO SALARY is a bad thing. 26 complaints with the SEC is also another bad thing. but i decided not to take job. i would trust prudential in the main building in Newark. but not somebody renting out just an office in a hotel. too shady for me.

Interview Questions

• Do you belong to any big church group or club? Is it a financial hardship to spend $950 for licensing and fees?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Prudential (Irvine, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

Very clear on job description and never tried to inflate the numbers or make outrageous promises of income. I felt comfortable through the process and even got a chance to meet and hear some experiences from other associates who had been in position for less then a year.

Interview Questions

• What motivates you? What interests do you share within your community?   Answer Question